RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Niele Ivey to Vanderbilt as HC? I hope not!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/17/16 7:52 pm    ::: Niele Ivey to Vanderbilt as HC? I hope not! Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/732723226330075136

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/16 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't the "associate" title imply that they're next as head coach?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/17/16 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Doesn't the "associate" title imply that they're next as head coach?

But all of the 'assistant' coaches at Notre Dame are listed as Associate Coaches, and Carol Owens is listed as Associate HEAD coach: http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/nd-w-baskbl-mtt.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/17/16 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that it's not true. Sad

I can't imagine be a first time head coach in the SEC AND dealing with that court configuration.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 05/17/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why?

Ivey is obviously one of the most well-thought of assistants in the nation and Vandy seems like an appropriate level HC opportunity for her (expectations not too high, but also not a hopeless bottom feeder). No reason she shouldn't be able to succeed there relatively quickly. If she's ready, why not?

Not the direction I thought they'd go, but this hire would kind of make sense to me.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 05/17/16 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A second source has come out and said that Ivey to Vandy is happening per Raoul. The same source who said that Balcomb was out, so we shall see.

sammieee

PostPosted: 05/18/16 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably because there were rumors/talks that Megan Walker had a great relationship with Ivey. Without Ivey, probably makes her a lock for UConn. Twisted Evil

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/18/16 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul's latest:

A couple of names I'm hearing WRT the Vanderbilt WBB job: Princeton head coach Courtney Banghart and Notre Dame assoc. head coach Niele Ivey

Retweet
‏@VandyManiacom
New Vanderbilt WBB head coach is Notre Dame asst. Niele Ivey, according to same VM source who revealed Balcomb departure.

Regarding that Niele Ivey to Vandy report from late last night, a very good source has cast some doubt on whether it's actually a done deal.

Also: I never said that Ivey & Banghart were “the finalists” for the job—in fact, source says at least 1 other coach (P5 HC) turned job down

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/19/16 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess we'll know soon.

Raoul today:
Source says Vanderbilt holding a press conference Saturday to introduce new WBB coach; contract being worked out; no word on who it will be.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/19/16 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul?

Ivey should let Banghart take the Vandy job and then go for the idyllic Princeton job.
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/16 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice.

Ivey would be a huge loss for ND, she is the most personable and like able coach by today's youth on their staff.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/21/16 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Nice.

Ivey would be a huge loss for ND, she is the most personable and like able coach by today's youth on their staff.

You know them all personally?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/16 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivey would probably hold the recruiting edge, which means a lot in college ball. Maybe that'll be the deciding factor, but it would be difficult to pass on the great basketball mind of Stephanie White

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 05/22/16 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It remains to be seen,but I think N.Ivey is a better recruiter/asst coach than head coach.Niele has a quiet reserved personality.She's more like a friend than head coach.I remember Ivey screaming at Diggins during the final four,I was not convinced.It looked forced.Niele has paid her dues.So any coaching job she gets has been earned and not given.I wish her the best of luck.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/23/16 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="ArtBest23"][quote="bballjunkie"]Nice.

Ivey would be a huge loss for ND, she is the most personable and like able coach by today's youth on their staff.[/quote]

You know them all personally?[/quote]

Yep Laughing

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/23/16 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FWIW, Raoul's latest tweets now say that Ivey is staying at ND, and Banghart has withdrawn her name from consideration. And White has said she's not available until the end of the WNBA season. In the meantime the Vandy recruits are sticking with their decision to enroll.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/05/22/vanderbilt-coach-candidate-wouldnt-start-job-until-fall/84746692/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/23/16 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandy may be back to Square One. Perhaps they should have fired Balcomb earlier in the spring (or convinced her to resign, same thing really in this case).....they'd have had more candidates to choose from. Their dinking around seems to have caused them the best they had!

PostPosted: 05/24/16 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Vandy may be back to Square One. Perhaps they should have fired Balcomb earlier in the spring (or convinced her to resign, same thing really in this case).....they'd have had more candidates to choose from. Their dinking around seems to have caused them the best they had!

Wishful thinking ^^^^^^^^^

Looks to me like they were patient and hit a home run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: