RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Former FIU Player Arrested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/03/16 12:48 pm    ::: Former FIU Player Arrested Reply Reply with quote

Destini Feagin, who accused her coach of sexual harassment, is herself in trouble with the law http://j.mp/1Tjnkkx

PostPosted: 05/03/16 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"The 22-year-old athlete, Destini Feagin, was arrested, Tuesday, after allegedly committing credit card fraud and petit theft."

What exactly is 'petit theft'?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/03/16 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
"The 22-year-old athlete, Destini Feagin, was arrested, Tuesday, after allegedly committing credit card fraud and petit theft."

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/theft-fraud/petit-theft/

Quote:
In Florida, Petit Theft is the taking or using of property valued at under $300 with the intent to deprive the owner of a right or benefit in the property. Petit theft is a misdemeanor offense with penalties that may include jail, probation, community service, and restitution.

PostPosted: 05/03/16 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
In Florida, Petit Theft is the taking or using of property valued at under $300 with the intent to deprive the owner of a right or benefit in the property. Petit theft is a misdemeanor offense with penalties that may include jail, probation, community service, and restitution.

And here I thought it was a typo. It's just Florida's version of petty theft. Thanks. Seems as if Idaho also calls it petit theft. I wonder why?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/03/16 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

And here I thought it was a typo. It's just Florida's version of petty theft. Thanks. Seems as if Idaho also calls it petit theft. I wonder why?

Probably a holdover from Old English law. The spelling of it has morphed into "petty" in most cases. Petit is originally from the French and is the root of "petite".

PostPosted: 05/03/16 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Probably a holdover from Old English law. The spelling of it has morphed into "petty" in most cases. Petit is originally from the French and is the root of "petite".

Which is why I think it's strange that it is called that in Florida (and Idaho). Wouldn't you expect a Spanish version there? I don't what to expect in Idaho, but maybe I would expect it in Louisiana.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: