RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck 1,2,3 in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/14/16 7:03 pm    ::: Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck 1,2,3 in the draft Reply Reply with quote

Stewart - Seattle

Jefferson- San Antonio

Tuck - Connecticut

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the sweep of the first three draft positions is the first time it has happen in any sport let alone the WNBA

PostPosted: 04/15/16 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the last deal of the night, JMU's Jazmon Gwathmey, who had been drafted #14 by the Lynx, was traded to San Antonio for Jia Perkins. She seemed a little taken aback at first, but I think she was pretty stoked when she realized she would be on the same team with MoJett. So all's well that ends well. Smile

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
On the last deal of the night, JMU's Jazmon Gwathmey, who had been drafted #14 by the Lynx, was traded to San Antonio for Jia Perkins. She seemed a little taken aback at first, but I think she was pretty stoked when she realized she would be on the same team with MoJett. So all's well that ends well. Smile

I thought Jaz would have a better chance with the Lynx than the Stars, but I'm really happy for her either way.

PostPosted: 04/17/16 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I thought Jaz would have a better chance with the Lynx than the Stars, but I'm really happy for her either way.

Interesting, I think she is a better situation now with the Stars than she was with the Lynx.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/16 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Interesting, I think she is a better situation now with the Stars than she was with the Lynx.

As do I. I think the Stars are not as deep, and she may have a better chance of making the team. After watching her for a couple of seasons, I see her as a really good defensive player, maybe better on defense than offense, but a threat either way. She can surprise you.

I was wrong about her going the highest in the draft of any JMU player. Tamera Young (who I don't remember, maybe that was before I moved here) went 8th. I don't know whatever happened with her, either. I think Lauren Okafor went in the second round and ultimately ended up playing in Europe somewhere.

PostPosted: 04/18/16 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

As do I. I think the Stars are not as deep, and she may have a better chance of making the team. After watching her for a couple of seasons, I see her as a really good defensive player, maybe better on defense than offense, but a threat either way. She can surprise you.

I was wrong about her going the highest in the draft of any JMU player. Tamera Young (who I don't remember, maybe that was before I moved here) went 8th. I don't know whatever happened with her, either. I think Lauren Okafor went in the second round and ultimately ended up playing in Europe somewhere.

Tamera Young currently plays for the Chicago Sky, she will be entering her 10th year in the WNBA, and she is currently playing in Puerto Rico for Montaņeras de Morovis.

http://www.wnba.com/player/tamera-young/#/panel-two

http://sky.wnba.com/overseas-young/

As for Lauren Okafor i don't believe she is playing overseas, from this article I found it sounds like she was in the process of making all of her arrangements to take the MCATs and apply for med school.

http://www.whsv.com/sports/headlines/Okafor-Focused-on-Med-School-as-She-Prepares-for-WNBA-Career-300412691.html

Edited: Just realized she played for 2 teams in 2009 so she will be entering her 9th season not her 10th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: