RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

REALLLLLY!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/16 11:48 pm    ::: REALLLLLY!?? Reply Reply with quote

I had NO idea that Breanna ever had this inclination:
Quote:
But early on, Breanna's favorite team was not the local Syracuse Orange or even UConn, which was in the midst of winning four NCAA titles in five seasons in the early 2000s. Breanna was a die-hard North Carolina fan.

"If it was allowed and in sixth or seventh grade and North Carolina offered me [a scholarship], I probably would have went there then," Stewart said. "I had North Carolina shirts, North Carolina shorts. It's the only thing I would wear." Shocked

Can you IMAGINE, if Bre were a senior there now, with Diamond Deshields, Allisha Gray, Steph Mavunga, etc., all around her? Damn. No wonder Sylvia's gone batty as of late, thinking of what might have been!

PostPosted: 02/06/16 4:52 pm    ::: Re: REALLLLLY!?? Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I had NO idea that Breanna ever had this inclination:
Quote:
But early on, Breanna's favorite team was not the local Syracuse Orange or even UConn, which was in the midst of winning four NCAA titles in five seasons in the early 2000s. Breanna was a die-hard North Carolina fan.

"If it was allowed and in sixth or seventh grade and North Carolina offered me [a scholarship], I probably would have went there then," Stewart said. "I had North Carolina shirts, North Carolina shorts. It's the only thing I would wear." Shocked

Can you IMAGINE, if Bre were a senior there now, with Diamond Deshields, Allisha Gray, Steph Mavunga, etc., all around her? Damn. No wonder Sylvia's gone batty as of late, thinking of what might have been!

Enough to make a body's head spin, indeed.

PostPosted: 02/07/16 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Stewart went to UNC, my guess would be DeShields would have headed elsewhere. I think part of the reason why she went to UNC and not UConn originally was she wanted to go somewhere where she could be the key player from day 1 and play a big role. She wanted a team that had enough holes where she could just recruit a bunch of her friends to join her. With McDaniel and presumably Stewart already at UNC a year early, I think it would have made it harder to recruit someone like Mavunga too.

Also you have to remember UNC didn't even have enough room for DeShields and friends, they had to pull offers from players like the Day twins of Syracuse to make room. With someone as good as Stewart, Hatchell may have been content with defensive first players like the Day twins to coexist with Stewart as opposed to kids like DeShields and Washington who shot a lot.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/07/16 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DD probably would have gone to Tennessee to start with, that's all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: