RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-2016 Transfers and Injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/05/16 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PrideFan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
JMU's Ashley Perez has been out with an ankle injury incurred in the Drexel game on Jan. 15. I didn't even know about it until tonight when I saw her in street clothes with her foot in a boot, because all our recent games have been away games and I don't get the streaming. Crying or Very sad

Sad

Hope she's okay for the Hofstra game on Friday- I'm gonna feel really stupid going out there if she doesn't travel. (Well, I'm still curious about JMU, but I'd rather see what JMU is about *and* watch Ashley hit threes.)

Hofstra announcers just confirmed that Perez is still out today with a high ankle sprain.

Yeah, I figured that from the tragically mismatched boots she has on. Still came out. Griffin'a rebounding is worth the price of admission alone. Tell your mascots to find another section to bother!

PostPosted: 02/05/16 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Yeah, I figured that from the tragically mismatched boots she has on. Still came out. Griffin'a rebounding is worth the price of admission alone. Tell your mascots to find another section to bother!

Haha I think they like hanging out with the band, which just so conveniently happens to be next to the visiting bench, so they spend a lot of time with the visitors since they're right there. Plus the kids can be obnoxious with the mascots, so they probably wanted to stay away from the girl scouts that were there.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/16 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Former PAC 12 freshman of the year Chrishae Rowe is headed to Ole Miss. She started at Oregon, then went to Kentucky, and is now at her third college. She has only played 1 year of college basketball but due to the transfers only has 1.5 years of eligibility left.

http://m.oxfordeagle.com/2016/01/22/season-saver-josephs-career-night-helps-rebels-upset-no-9-uk/

“At the end of the day, (Rowe) has a pencil to write her future,” Insell said. “She’s got to finish her future here. I’m excited about her joining us. She’s another player that we can add to our program that’s going to help us. She’s going to have a clean slate when she walks on this campus on Monday, and she’s excited about that.”

Rowe, who spent her first season at Oregon, has 1.5 years of eligibility left and will be able to play for the Rebels beginning in December. She never played a game at Kentucky before being dismissed along with three other Wildcat players on Oct. 15 for what was labeled as a “failure to uphold standards of the program,” Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell said in a statement.

Rowe led Oregon, averaging 21.6 points per game two seasons ago, and was one of the nation’s leading scorers among freshmen.

The wording on the bolded part of the press release is confusing. Is the author implying that the other Kentucky transfers were dismissed from the program? I thought they all left independently and not due to disciplinary issues.

Rowe was the only one dismissed.

Wasn't the freshman who transferred to Oklahoma barred from practice?

Huh?? Who is that?? Shocked

PostPosted: 02/06/16 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Briggs is transferring out of Ole Miss. Played in 16 games this year, started 2 games, and scored 4.6 ppg.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/12/16 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toledo's Kessler to stop playing due to concussions.
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/611056

Quote:
University of Toledo center Nancy Kessler is walking away from basketball because of a history of concussions.

Kessler, who had not played since Dec. 6, suffered her fourth concussion in practice earlier this season. She still is experiencing headaches and has not immediately recovered from the injury, though she said she has improved of late.

After talking the issue over with her doctors, who recommended she cease playing, Kessler decided stepping away from basketball would be in her best interest.

She announced the decision to her teammates at practice this afternoon.

"It's the right thing, even though it's really, really hard," Kessler said.

Kessler will remain on scholarship at UT and continue to be part of the team once her headaches subside.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/12/16 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UT's Alexa Middleton has an ankle injury (sprain?) and was on the bench in a boot last night. No word on the severity.

PostPosted: 02/12/16 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taya Reimer is transferring from Notre Dame, but she will graduate this summer so she should be eligible immediately at her new school. Reimer is from Indiana, and I am sure two in state teams that have improved quite a bit from last year, Purdue and Indiana, would be interested in her. Just a question of whether she is interested in those programs.

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/698271508737601536

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/12/16 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we sure this time about Reimer?

PostPosted: 02/12/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Are we sure this time about Reimer?

Notre Dame confirms it. http://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/taya-reimer-planning-to-transfer-from-notre-dame/article_6fcbab90-d1de-11e5-b80e-632bacc1f31e.html

I wonder if she will have one year of eligibility left or two. There was talk that she would attempt to get a medical redshirt or whatever since she missed most of this year. But is she still actually hurt? I didn't think it was a season ender.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 02/12/16 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
UT's Alexa Middleton has an ankle injury (sprain?) and was on the bench in a boot last night. No word on the severity.

Damn, I like her. Is it me or has she seen a reduction in playing time over what she had as a freshman?
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/13/16 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephanie Amichia, sophomore forward from Suwanee, GA is no longer listed on the roster for LSU. Can't find if she transferred or is still at school or what. Also noticed that Nikki has added 3 other players to the roster since January (juniors Ashley Humbles, Amber Jones, Constance Quinn).

Oops, found this article from back in November regarding Amichia leaving

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13960687-171/lsu-womens-basketball-team-

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/16/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Duke_WBB
Just got word that #Duke r-freshman @XoX_Nee (Lyneé Belton) will miss the rest of the season with an injured knee - surgery Thursday.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/16 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
@Duke_WBB
Just got word that #Duke r-freshman @XoX_Nee (Lyneé Belton) will miss the rest of the season with an injured knee - surgery Thursday.

Oh brother. Poor kid.

And I guess that's the fatal shot for Duke.

PostPosted: 02/17/16 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for covering Nancy Kessler's condition and exit from playing basketball, mzonefan.

Not sure if Olivia Cunningham's (freshman pt.guard) transfer to the University of Toledo from Murray St. was reported. She will be eligible to play next year.(BCSN, RocketDigest, UTAthletics)

http://utrockets.com/news/2015/5/29/WBB_0529154107.aspx?path=wbball

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to a report during the SHU-Butler game, Caroline Coyer of Villanova is done for the season, and thus her collegiate career, with a knee injury. Big, big, big loss for the Wildcats- 14.5 points, five boards, four and a half assists, strong defense.

PostPosted: 02/22/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kyndall Clark of Nebraska has been lost for the season with a knee injury. She started all 26 games. Big loss for them along with Theriot being day-to-day (missed Purdue game yesterday) with her ankle.

Also, Kaplana Beach of Ohio State won't be coming back next year.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 02/22/16 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Making room for another transfer?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/22/16 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I believe they already have 15 on their roster next season.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/22/16 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I expected, UT's Jasmine Jones will no longer play basketball. The UT Medical Athletics Team has decided that because of her history of concussions, she will no longer be cleared to play. She will continue her athletic career in throwing events on the track and field team. Jones graduated early with a degree in sociology this past December, continuing the 100% Lady Vols graduation rate.
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/022216aab.html

PostPosted: 02/22/16 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Isn't she the one with the knee problems that would get a sympathetic nod from Shea Ralph and Jacki Gemelos?

PostPosted: 02/23/16 4:02 pm    ::: Shacobia Barbee Reply Reply with quote

Shacobia Barbee's career is over at Georgia

http://onlineathens.com./dogbytes/basketball/2016-02-23/ankle-injury-ends-ugas-shacobia-barbees-career

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 02/23/16 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed Grace Coughlin's name is no longer on the North Dakota roster. She transferred from Minnesota after the 2014-15 season. Does anyone know the reason she is no longer (one of the 17 listed) on the ND roster?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/16 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OtterlyAmused wrote:
I noticed Grace Coughlin's name is no longer on the North Dakota roster. She transferred from Minnesota after the 2014-15 season. Does anyone know the reason she is no longer (one of the 17 listed) on the ND roster?

Chronic injuries, so she retired from basketball, as I understand

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Durantula

PostPosted: 02/23/16 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Duke_WBB
#Duke's @Fsuggs23 suffered a concussion Sunday vs. GT & will miss practice this week. Will be re-evaluated Friday.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/23/16 5:44 pm    ::: Re: Shacobia Barbee Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
Shacobia Barbee's career is over at Georgia

http://onlineathens.com./dogbytes/basketball/2016-02-23/ankle-injury-ends-ugas-shacobia-barbees-career

Oh man, I hate that for her!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: