RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Selection Comm is announcing tomorrow a snapshot of
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joetro

PostPosted: 02/01/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So ND has wins over three of these top ten teams and is still behind South Carolina? I really hope this swaps if SC loses to UCONN.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/16 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
So ND has wins over three of these top ten teams and is still behind South Carolina? I really hope this swaps if SC loses to UCONN.

ND didn't look that great tonight.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
joetro

PostPosted: 02/01/16 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Road win against a top 50 team. USC only beat them by 11 at home when Duke was really struggling, as opposed to this win by ND on the road.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/01/16 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Actual Poll:

1: UConn
2. South Carolina
3. ND
4. Baylor
5: Texas
6. tOSU
7. Arizona State
8. Oregon State
9. Maryland
10. UCLA

Yay!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/01/16 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
joetro wrote:

And yet they still won by 7 in a game Massey predicted to be by 8.5. Big whoop.

SCar beat them at home by 11 with Henson not playing for Duke.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/01/16 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remembering that of course ND is one of those teams eveery other team at least *tries* to bring their A game to.....and Duke doesn't have much left in the way of players......

PostPosted: 02/01/16 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Duke doesn't have much left in the way of players......

Huh? Duke had four top ten and two more top 20 recruits out there tonight.

They've recruited so well that even with the departures they're still loaded.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/02/16 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
joetro wrote:

Notre Dame beat UCLA (in overtime) on a neutral court, Ohio State and Oregon State in Purcell....

South Carolina beat Ohio State in CLA, UCLA in Pauley Pavilion, and Arizona State on a neutral court.

That's two home games and a neutral court for ND, and one home game, one away game, and one neutral court for USC.

ND won their games by 8 (in OT), by 3, and by 1. USC won theirs by 8, by 3, and by 2, and they didn't need any overtime periods to win their games.

That's wins by USC over #6, #7, and #10, versus wins by ND over #6, #8, and #10.

If that's the only basis for argument, then why should ND be ranked ahead of USC?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/02/16 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
joetro wrote:

Notre Dame beat UCLA (in overtime) on a neutral court, Ohio State and Oregon State in Purcell....

South Carolina beat Ohio State in CLA, UCLA in Pauley Pavilion, and Arizona State on a neutral court.

That's two home games and a neutral court for ND, and one home game, one away game, and one neutral court for USC.

ND won their games by 8 (in OT), by 3, and by 1. USC won theirs by 8, by 3, and by 2, and they didn't need any overtime periods to win their games.

That's wins by USC over #6, #7, and #10, versus wins by ND over #6, #8, and #10.

If that's the only basis for argument, then why should ND be ranked ahead of USC?

First, I didn't saying any such thing one way or the other other, just responding to a comment about last night. (Although now that you mention it, Joetro's probably right. Why shouldn't they be?)

Second, ND was without its best and tallest player for those OhSt snd UCLA games, yet won by the same margin as full strength SCar. Wonder how many losses SCar would have if it had played those games without Wilson?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/16 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona State promptly goes out and gets crushed, so the snapshot is out of date within a couple of hours.

PostPosted: 02/02/16 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Arizona State promptly goes out and gets crushed, so the snapshot is out of date within a couple of hours.

I was waiting for the Sun Devils to come back to Earth. Their defense is fantastic but I just really don't think they have enough offense.

Crazy enough, I actually think UCLA is stronger than Oregon State at this point.

PostPosted: 02/02/16 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

I was waiting for the Sun Devils to come back to Earth. Their defense is fantastic but I just really don't think they have enough offense.

I didn't see that "fantastic" defense slowing down Weisner (9/10) or Hamblin (5/7) last night. Or anyone else for that matter. OreSt shot nearly 60%.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/02/16 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Your system had them at an even higher #6 yesterday, so does the same thing apply?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/16 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Your system had them at an even higher #6 yesterday, so same thing applies I assume?

Yep. It's a constantly changing landscape. They're probably still a #2 seed right now.

PostPosted: 02/02/16 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
UCLA has zero chance of being in the top 10 tomorrow. Nor should they be with losses to USC, UW and Cal.

Hmmm..... Laughing

I'm just kidding around Art, just kidding around....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/02/16 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
UCLA has zero chance of being in the top 10 tomorrow. Nor should they be with losses to USC, UW and Cal.

Hmmm..... Laughing

Yeap. I don't understand how they could be in the top 10, but I was obviously mistaken.

I was correct in thinking MD would be towards the bottom of the list though.

I suspect a lot of other teams are going to be studying the PAC's approach to gaming the RPI though. We may see some changes to scheduling in the next couple of years. Not for the better.

Maryland better be working on it already.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/02/16 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Hmmm..... Laughing

Yeap. I don't understand how they could be in the top 10, but I was obviously mistaken.

I was correct in thinking MD would be towards the bottom of the list though.

I suspect a lot of other teams are going to be studying the PAC's approach to gaming the RPI though. We may see some changes to scheduling in the next couple of years. Not for the better.

Maryland better be working on it already.

I agree with you; the Pac-12 approach to scheduling is very interesting.

Maryland has work to do to move up. I think 9 is appropriate.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/02/16 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
joetro wrote:

First, I didn't saying any such thing one way or the other other, just responding to a comment about last night. (Although now that you mention it, Joetro's probably right. Why shouldn't they be?)

Second, ND was without its best and tallest player for those OhSt snd UCLA games, yet won by the same margin as full strength SCar. Wonder how many losses SCar would have if it had played those games without Wilson?

LOL, you're so hot to argue with people, that you hijack responses to others, and treat them as responses to you, so you can argue?

My post was to joetro, who made the comment, not you. Your comment was quoted only because the comment thread attaches your comment whether or not it's necessary.

Teams don't get special ranking consideration beyond how they actually play, due to players being out for games. That's a part of playing basketball, which is a TEAM sport.

As it was, Wilson didn't play 2 games to give her sore stress reactions in her shins a rest, and for those 2 games plus the one immediately after them when Wilson returned to the lineup, Alaina Coates averaged 20 ppg, 14 rpg, and 4 bpg including posting a triple-double against Wofford. Jatarie White also got more minutes, averaging at 9 ppg, 7 rpg, and 2 bpg, and Sarah Imovbioh also responded in those 3 games averaging 10 ppg so it's not like USC has to change up their lineup and become a 3-guard team or a perimeter-scoring team just because they lose one post player to injury for a few games....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/02/16 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

My post was to joetro, who made the comment, not you. Your comment was quoted only because the comment thread attaches your comment whether or not it's necessary.

Then maybe you should reply to the person you want to respond to and quit whining when the person you ACTUALLY replied to responds. It's not hard. We can't read your mind. You're the only one picking a fight.

What three games did Wilson miss this season?

Oh, and the selection committees most definitely take into consideration that star players were missing for certain games and whether they are or are not returning for the tournament. That's part of the selection committee deliberation process.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/02/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Then maybe you should reply to the person you want to respond to and quit whining when the person you ACTUALLY replied to responded. It's not hard. We can't read your mind. You're the only one picking an fight.

Oh, and the selection committees most definitely take into consideration that star players were missing for certain games and whether they are or are not returning for the tournament. That's part of the selection committee deliberation process.

There were 3 comments in the quote thread....if you can't see which one of those 3 my response CLEARLY responded to, then I can't help you....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/02/16 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Then maybe you should reply to the person you want to respond to and quit whining when the person you ACTUALLY replied to responded. It's not hard. We can't read your mind. You're the only one picking an fight.

There were 3 comments in the quote thread....if you can't see which one of those 3 my response CLEARLY responded to, then I can't help you....

If you want to reply to a person's post, go to that post and hit "quote". I bet even you can figure that out if you try really hard. You're right on one thing. It was obvious that you replied to my post. Don't pretend you didn't know that.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/15/16 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Monday, as the NCAA revealed the second of its three up-to-the-moment top 10 seeds, the most interesting takeaway was closer to the top: South Carolina remained the No. 2 overall team, ahead of Notre Dame.

1. Connecticut
2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Baylor
5. Ohio State
6. Texas
7. Oregon State
8. Arizona State
9. Maryland
10. UCLA

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14782884/south-carolina-gamecocks-ahead-notre-dame-fighting-irish-ncaa-top-10-reveal

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/29/16 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the 3rd snapshot comes out today. On this occasion, I'd just like to point out ('cause if I don't, who will?) that UCLA now has three Top 10 RPI wins on its resume.

Or, for those who think the RPI is hooey, UCLA now has three Top 10 Massey wins on its resume.

Maryland has zero. Louisville has zero.

Texas has one and Baylor has one (although one of those two teams will add a second to its resume tonight).

Ohio State has either two or zero (depending on if you go by Massey or RPI).

Go Bruins.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/29/16 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
I think the 3rd snapshot comes out today. On this occasion, I'd just like to point out ('cause if I don't, who will?) that UCLA now has three Top 10 RPI wins on its resume.

3 wins and 4 losses. Still a commendable schedule due in large part to the P12's overall quality this year.

Top 10 RPI's by conference:

P12 - 4
B12 - 2
B1G - 1
ACC - 1
SEC - 1
AAC - 1

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/29/16 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Officially, the 3rd and final snapshot:

1. UConn
2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Baylor
5. Texas
6. Oregon St.
7. Arizona State
8. Maryland
9. Ohio St.
10. UCLA

Only other teams considered: Louisville, Stanford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: