RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/15/15 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boykin leaves UConn

(isn't this the proper thread for this news?)

dejanae, we hardly knew ye. good luck.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-dejanae-boykin-transfers-1216-20151215-story.html

PostPosted: 12/16/15 4:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Boykin leaves UConn

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-dejanae-boykin-transfers-1216-20151215-story.html

Quote:

After that game, Auriemma said the need to catch up academically had caused the program to take action to help her focus. But he was also optimistic Boykin would work through it.

Sounds like she ought to try a Junior College for a year or two and get up to "college speed" academically. If she was at Duke or Vanderbilt you could say "try a state school", but that's not the case here.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/16/15 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Boykin leaves UConn

Quote:

After that game, Auriemma said the need to catch up academically had caused the program to take action to help her focus. But he was also optimistic Boykin would work through it.

Sounds like she ought to try a Junior College for a year or two and get up to "college speed" academically. If she was at Duke or Vanderbilt you could say "try a state school", but that's not the case here.

Not all "state schools" are "easy", tfan. Wisconsin, Cal-Berkeley, and, I understand, UConn, among others, are pretty rigorous, and it would be unwise to sneer at state schools or lump them all into one basket. While there are some "minor" state colleges, the 4-year schools generally are not and you are showing some prejudice with your comment.

It could be that Boykin was having academic problems because of other factors. Sometimes things like homesickness, depression over injuries, a rigorous practice schedule (in the case of some athletes), a misfit between instructor and student, or, as once happened to me, a reluctance to ask for help until one is too far behind, can affect academic performance. You don't know what her problem was and neither do I, but obviously she had a lot going on.

Maybe you should rethink your comment.

PostPosted: 12/16/15 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
I thought this was an interesting article about players leaving University of Kentucky.

http://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article49257890.html

I like the different take on this, too...and yes, it's about empowerment for female athletes to make choices that will ultimately make them feel happier. It's a positive way to take it.

That said, the more I think about this program and the transfers and coaching changes, it sounds like you're either on the Mitchell train or not. And it's an intense (maybe egotistical?) train and he calls the shots his way.

As an outsider, but staunch fan of women's bball, a good Kentucky program is good for the game, so I'd love to see them break through and get to a Final Four. This year's team, by all accounts, seems talented and cohesive (despite the changes) and you can tell there is excitement in Lexington (not to mention they are hosting the regionals) so they might be close - certainly while Epps is there and there the four newcomers continue to show promise.

Excited for the SEC season to begin and see how that league develops. I think Kentucky will challenge for the title.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 12/16/15 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Boykin leaves UConn

Makes Tuck returning for her 5th year even more important. Not only will she be the undisputed leader of next year's squad, she will be needed due to a lack of post depth.

mred

PostPosted: 01/08/16 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mred wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
The Heather Bowe transfer from Vandy to Iowa State comes as a surprise to me.

She's not listed on either schools roster so I think there's some speculation as to whether she's going to play anywhere at all.

She's actually still a student at Vandy for the fall semester. She graduates in December, and then she'll come to ISU to become a grad student.

As planned, Bowe graduated in December and is now on the Iowa State campus. She's not listed on the online roster yet, but it's possible that has to wait until the spring semester starts on Monday. She's immediately eligible, but she'll sit out this season so she can play a full year next season.

Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 01/15/16 2:16 pm    ::: Question about transfer rules Reply Reply with quote

The C-USA Preseason Player of the Year, Olivia Jones, has quit the Middle TN basketball team prior to the start of the spring semester.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2016/01/10/mtsus-olivia-jones-indefinitely-suspended/78597024/

My question is: How much eligibility will she have remaining once she transfers?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/15/16 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please post in the current season's thread.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/22/16 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

I cannot find the correct season's thread. Did anyone start one?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/22/16 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Boykin leaves UConn

De'Janae follows Brianna Banks to Penn State. She'll be eligible after the fall 2016 semester.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/012216aab.html

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/16 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

It's called the Injury and Attrition list now.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/22/16 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

It's called the Injury and Attrition list now.

That's not confusing.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: