RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Virginia Cavaliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridor

PostPosted: 08/07/15 4:16 am    ::: Virginia Cavaliers Reply Reply with quote

Fans are getting antsy about Joanne Boyle's efforts to change the team. Last year was not a good year for Virginia despite the 17-14, 7-9 record that lost to Davidson, Toledo & Illinois when they should not have lost to them.

Some fans blamed it on the adoption that took Boyle's attention away from the team. Sarah Imovbioh opted to graduate and go to South Carolina for one year with Dawn Staley instead of staying in Charlottesville. That is a huge blow to the team.

But there is good news - No. 55 Dominique Toussaint of Christ The King HS has announced that she chose Virginia. The last time Virginia got someone but lost from the same school? Bria Smith who verballed to Virginia only to retract and went to Louisville after Debbie Ryan was forced to retire.

Virginia used to have a player named Wendy Toussaint. She was a non-factor player at Virginia, originally from Massachusetts, I believe. I don't think Dominique is going to be like her.

But what Virginia needs are post players - anyone willing to throw us tall players? Let Joanne know. Wink

R-

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/07/15 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Smith should have stayed at Virginia, because Walz has done nothing for her, makes the same mistakes, same dominant hand moves, in fact has probably regressed.

ridor

PostPosted: 08/25/15 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan, glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Right now, I'm officially annoyed with the ACC & Virginia Cavaliers.

They chose to release the wrestling schedule before they release the damned men's & women's basketball schedules!

And to make this comical, they are starting to sell the season ticket for both teams without sharing who's who on the schedule!

And my friends wondered why I refused to buy season ticket year in and out. It is because of this crap.

R-

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/28/15 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyles star was on the decline when Virginia hired her away from Cal. She was fortunate because she had lost players to transfer and if she had not left was ready to lose some more. I thought she might have learned her lessons at Cal but it appears that its the same old same old. Don't expect things to get better. You see the best from her early on and then its progressively down hill.

ridor

PostPosted: 08/29/15 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe, maybe not. I have my faith in Craig Littlepage. He has done so much for other programs, especially with Wrestling, Tennis, Baseball & Swimming & Diving. Yes, he does respond to my emails once in a while - that's how accessible he is - he told me he expects the WBB program to rebound and if there is not any sign of improvement, expect him to make some changes. UVA fans are bunch of patient people but we all have limitations. I expect one day, we will have our moment, with Boyle or not.

R-

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/dailyprogress.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/61/c619db34-1b9a-11e5-a1e3-735e6be4c88e/558c9d86b1053.image.jpg?resize=760%2C520

turkeytrot

PostPosted: 09/08/15 12:31 pm    ::: Littlepage? Reply Reply with quote

Hey - he is the one who tanked the program in his efforts to eliminate the long term department coaches/employees.

The old coach had top quality recruits coming in and lined up.

Littlepage acted when he did b/c he knew that there were a long string of 25+ win seasons coming up and he would never be able to dislodge the incumbent.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/09/15 10:16 am    ::: Re: Littlepage? Reply Reply with quote

turkeytrot wrote:
Hey - he is the one who tanked the program in his efforts to eliminate the long term department coaches/employees.

The old coach had top quality recruits coming in and lined up.

Littlepage acted when he did b/c he knew that there were a long string of 25+ win seasons coming up and he would never be able to dislodge the incumbent.

And why would he not want 25+ win seasons?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: