RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 07/30/15 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colerr wrote:
Quote:
Rutgers head women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer has announced the addition of Timothy Eatman to the Scarlet Knight staff as an assistant coach to replace Tasha Pointer, who stepped down to pursue other opportunities.

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/072315aaa.html

Curious why all the long-time assistants are leaving Rutgers. Any Scarlet Knights fans know why? It seems drastic that Tia Jackson, Chelsea Newton and now Pointer are moving on. Some thoughts on why from a curious (but removed) observer:

-Is Vivian's tenure coming to the end and she's pushing her proteges on to new challenges?

-Is the conference move away from the east coast part of the reason? Big Ten means more travel, new recruiting area to focus on after long-established relationships with AAU coaches and high schools in the NY/NJ/CT and Mid Atlantic?

Imagine it's more the former than latter...

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/30/15 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Other opportunities" = AC at St. John's.

PostPosted: 07/31/15 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen an official announcement yet, but Loyola Maryland hired a new assistant coach.
beknighted

PostPosted: 07/31/15 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Colerr wrote:
Quote:
Rutgers head women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer has announced the addition of Timothy Eatman to the Scarlet Knight staff as an assistant coach to replace Tasha Pointer, who stepped down to pursue other opportunities.

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/072315aaa.html

Curious why all the long-time assistants are leaving Rutgers. Any Scarlet Knights fans know why? It seems drastic that Tia Jackson, Chelsea Newton and now Pointer are moving on. Some thoughts on why from a curious (but removed) observer:

-Is Vivian's tenure coming to the end and she's pushing her proteges on to new challenges?

-Is the conference move away from the east coast part of the reason? Big Ten means more travel, new recruiting area to focus on after long-established relationships with AAU coaches and high schools in the NY/NJ/CT and Mid Atlantic?

Imagine it's more the former than latter...

Lots of speculation, but no actual knowledge. The hypotheses include:

1. CVS will retire at the end of her contract, and the assistants all were told they're not in the mix to replace her.

2. Pressure for the AD to step up recruiting - two of the new hires are particularly strong in that area, or so we're told.

3. It's just random.

4. Some combination of 1, 2 and 3 (or, particularly, 2 and 3). I'd think 3 likely is not a good explanation for Pointer, who seems to have left before she had signed with the Red Storm, but you never know.

Durantula

PostPosted: 08/03/15 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAU coach Ray Caldwell was hired at Texas Tech. I guess that confirms that UCLA transfer Recee Caldwell will attend Texas Tech.

Durantula

PostPosted: 08/13/15 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think an assistant coaching position may open up at Maryland.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/8/13/9151323/ex-xavier-assistant-bryce-mckey-charged-with-sexual-abuse

Also, Washington hired a new assistant coach, Morgan Valley who was a former UCONN player in the early 2000s.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/14/15 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
I haven't seen an official announcement yet, but Loyola Maryland hired a new assistant coach.

Ex-Boston University assistant Jenna Loschiavo has been hired as an assistant at Loyola Maryland. Here's the news link.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/16/15 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the OP list, from what I've heard, South Dakota State promoted their DOBO, Haylie Linn to AC.

PostPosted: 08/18/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamiko Williams (Tennessee 2013) has been hired as an assistant at the University of New Haven.

PostPosted: 08/18/15 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Kamiko Williams (Tennessee 2013) has been hired as an assistant at the University of New Haven.

Congrats to her! I liked her in New York- she got a raw deal.

PostPosted: 08/19/15 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Kamiko is a smart girl and very likable, good work ethic (she's a military brat IIRC). Is New Haven a D-I school?

PostPosted: 08/19/15 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Kamiko is a smart girl and very likable, good work ethic (she's a military brat IIRC). Is New Haven a D-I school?

D-II.

PostPosted: 08/23/15 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt Thune is the new assistant at Webster State. Was Director of Ops at Louisville last year.

http://www.gocards.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/matt_thune_913734.html

PrideFan

PostPosted: 09/09/15 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra hires Michael Gibson as assistant coach to replace Adia Revell. He was the DOBO for the team for the past 7 years, so i'm actually surprised the promotion took that long.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 09/15/15 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brenda hires Terry Nooner, former asst at Alabama, as Maryland's new assistant coach.

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=210344396

Durantula

PostPosted: 10/04/15 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Practice has started for most teams and there are still quite a few assistant vacancies. Any chance many of these schools have made hires, but just haven't put out a release yet? Some schools could operate with two ACs andjust promote from within for a year, like having a support staff such as a DOBO operate as an assistant.

PrideFan

PostPosted: 10/06/15 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Practice has started for most teams and there are still quite a few assistant vacancies. Any chance many of these schools have made hires, but just haven't put out a release yet? Some schools could operate with two ACs andjust promote from within for a year, like having a support staff such as a DOBO operate as an assistant.

Hofstra had their team picture day yesterday, and some were posted to social media. The staff picture has no DOBO, and there has been no opening for one posted, so I guess there just won't be one this season.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/27/15 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montana State hires John Stockton as assistant coach

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13984926/john-stockton-serve-assistant-montana-state-bobcats

Quote:
"Coach [Tricia] Binford called and took a flier asking if I'd be interested," Stockton said in a news release. "I'm excited about the prospect of working with the kids. I've enjoyed watching the team over the past three years. I had a chance to be around them and develop relationships during their trip to the Bahamas this spring. It will be a fun group to work with."

PostPosted: 10/30/15 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know more about the Teresa Grentz situation? It seems odd that someone with her credentials would take an assistant coach position at Lafayette. It might make sense if it was known to be a one year transition to the head coaching position but that's only my supposition I haven't read that. Do we know if Nolan or the school was planning on making a change in this is all part of it or if it just happened to happen the way it did?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: