RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pan American - USA - Dominican Republic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 07/17/15 8:34 pm    ::: Pan American - USA - Dominican Republic Reply Reply with quote

18-4 early.

Reimer making herself involved offensively. Much easier without Santos on her back.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/17/15 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half it's a laugher,48-21

linkster

PostPosted: 07/17/15 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the 24 second clock. No farting around on offense. And resetting to 14 seconds on an offensive rebound really keeps things moving. There is no time for coaches to yell out instructions.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/17/15 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

final. 94-55 USA.

Plenty of minutes for the bench to get their feet wet and there was a concerted effort to get shots from Reimer and Coates.

Next up is Puerto Rico, Saturday at 9:00 pm.

PR lost to Brazil today 62-57. There were 51 fouls called. In the uber-physical US-Brazil game there were 28 fouls called so I would imagine this was a slugfest.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/17/15 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Stewart get hurt in this game? My friend told me he heard it when he was channel flipping through ESPN2. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

PostPosted: 07/17/15 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the announcers brought up more than once that Stewart rolled her ankle early in the Brazil game. Your friend probably heard those comments.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 07/17/15 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I hope the USA coaching staff learned some valuable lessons with tonight's game versus Dom Republic. In Game 1, 0 passes into Coates who more than held her own in the post, and she had 0 shot attempts. In Game 2, they looked to pass into her more, and she merely goes 6 for 6 and scores 14 pts, and possibly should have led the team in scoring had she not had a terrible night at the FT line.

I know that the Dominican Republic is not as tall ,deep, or talented as Brazil is. But I felt a big reason for the US's struggles vs Brazil was the game plan to only have 2 primary point producers, which choked off the offense and actually (IMO) aided the Brazilians with their defense. Less ball movement, less player movement off of the ball, less offensive balance. Ugly basketball.

Hopefully the coaches figured it out tonight....

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/17/15 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bkmgr wrote:
I think the announcers brought up more than once that Stewart rolled her ankle early in the Brazil game. Your friend probably heard those comments.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: 07/18/15 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Well I hope the USA coaching staff learned some valuable lessons with tonight's game versus Dom Republic. In Game 1, 0 passes into Coates who more than held her own in the post, and she had 0 shot attempts. In Game 2, they looked to pass into her more, and she merely goes 6 for 6 and scores 14 pts, and possibly should have led the team in scoring had she not had a terrible night at the FT line.

I know that the Dominican Republic is not as tall ,deep, or talented as Brazil is. But I felt a big reason for the US's struggles vs Brazil was the game plan to only have 2 primary point producers, which choked off the offense and actually (IMO) aided the Brazilians with their defense. Less ball movement, less player movement off of the ball, less offensive balance. Ugly basketball.

Hopefully the coaches figured it out tonight....

"know that the Dominican Republic is not as tall ,deep, or talented as Brazil is."

Coates just wasn't able to get good post position against Brazil. It's hard to pass to the post when the player isn't open. She did a better job against the not as tall, deep, or talented DR team.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/18/15 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Brazil exhausted the small PR team last night and the US bench can again play long minutes. The starters will need to play long minutes in the medal rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: