RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who wins the ACC regular title next season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the ACC regular season title?
Boston College
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Clemson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Duke
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Florida State
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Georgia Tech
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Louisville
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Miami
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
North Carolina State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
North Carolina
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Notre Dame
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Pittsburgh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Syracuse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Virginia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Virginia tech
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wake forest
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/03/15 8:54 pm    ::: Who wins the ACC regular title next season? Reply Reply with quote

Who wins the ACC regular title next season?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/03/15 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poll posts are a bitch to make from your phone.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/03/15 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really tough decision. FSU looks amazing on paper, but you can never count out Muffet. If Brianna Turner has a POY season it's going to be really close. Duke and Louisville will compete but it will have to take something special happening for them to win the conference.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/03/15 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 07/03/15 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke, and Florida State, after that a tossed up.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 07/04/15 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame will win it. But I voted for Boston College just so they'd get one vote in the poll. Razz
lvf08

PostPosted: 07/04/15 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/04/15 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke will be really young with most of their offense falling on underclass men. Replacing a Defensive player of the year who also was a capable scoring load is going to be a big challenge. Luckily, for Duke, their post players are legion. So making up for Ewills effort on both sides of the ball could be via committee. Then there is the necessity of having to rely on a frown to point guard. Angela Salvadore and/or Kyra Lambert are going to have to play immediately. sap adore is probably more savvy what with her international experience. It does help that Duke now has Lexie Brown to push the two of them.

Big Blue Devil bright spots are that the top two players are only sophomores and both have a pretty varied skill set. Becca agree well and Azura Stevens are going to be pretty valuable members for years to come. I think, tho, given the youth on this team, we can see results similar to last year.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/04/15 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In 2013/14 ND had lost Diggins and yet went 16-0 in the ACC. The next year they lost Achonwa and McBride and went 15-1, the lone loss coming during the Reimer "crisis".

There are many who will look at the loss of Loyd and predict someone else winning the ACC but those will be the same people who said the same thing the last 2 years. UConn and ND have exposed the ACC as a conference with several really good teams but no great ones recently until the Irish arrived.

ND has a pg who will start for the 3rd year. (Can't believe she's only a junior this year) Reimer and Turner are easily the best 4/5 in the ACC. Turner will be conference MVP. Factor in the best coach/system in the conference and I can't see them losing in-conference this season.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/04/15 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
In 2013/14 ND had lost Diggins and yet went 16-0 in the ACC. The next year they lost Achonwa and McBride and went 15-1, the lone loss coming during the Reimer "crisis".

There are many who will look at the loss of Loyd and predict someone else winning the ACC but those will be the same people who said the same thing the last 2 years. UConn and ND have exposed the ACC as a conference with several really good teams but no great ones recently until the Irish arrived.

ND has a pg who will start for the 3rd year. (Can't believe she's only a junior this year) Reimer and Turner are easily the best 4/5 in the ACC. Turner will be conference MVP. Factor in the best coach/system in the conference and I can't see them losing in-conference this season.

You left out (1) Nelson returns from an injury redshirt year to add depth in the post, and (2) they add three highly rated high scoring g/w.

Durantula

PostPosted: 07/04/15 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame is my prediction

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/04/15 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a question for you.

Both ND and Duke have a number of highly toughted freshmen guards and wings incoming.

Based on past experience, whose freshmen would you expect to be better prepared to contibute by Thanksgiving?

Durantula

PostPosted: 07/04/15 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Here's a question for you.

Both ND and Duke have a number of highly toughted freshmen guards and wings incoming.

Based on past experience, whose freshmen would you expect to be better prepared to contibute by Thanksgiving?

I know what you are trying to say, ND develops players better than Duke and I agree with you but in this case I expect ND's freshmen to be better because I think they are better, and that is without factoring in development. Salvadores is really talented but coming to US is a big adjustment, style of play, language wise too and she hasn't even enrolled yet like most American kids, she's only coming in August which puts her behind.

ND's 3 signees all McDonald's All Americans. Duke's 4 American signees, only 1 was a McDonald's. Duke has the #1 class but its totally based on quantity, not on number of impact players in my view. Gorecki and Suggs rankings seem to have gone down a little, and I'd take a player who's stock is rising, maybe a late bloomer, over a kid who's ranking slides as they get older. Upside factor. Also ND's freshmen should have an easier transition. More talent around them, a 3rd year starting PG. Duke's offense will be a work in progress as they will start a freshman PG basically with no other options.

PostPosted: 07/05/15 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Duke will be really young with most of their offense falling on underclass men. Replacing a Defensive player of the year who also was a capable scoring load is going to be a big challenge. Luckily, for Duke, their post players are legion. So making up for Ewills effort on both sides of the ball could be via committee. Then there is the necessity of having to rely on a frown to point guard. Angela Salvadore and/or Kyra Lambert are going to have to play immediately. sap adore is probably more savvy what with her international experience. It does help that Duke now has Lexie Brown to push the two of them.

Big Blue Devil bright spots are that the top two players are only sophomores and both have a pretty varied skill set. Becca agree well and Azura Stevens are going to be pretty valuable members for years to come. I think, tho, given the youth on this team, we can see results similar to last year.

I know u mentioned having problems posting from ur phone but....

Just wanted to thank u for turning my "frown" upside down re Duke's point guard situation.

I join Becca and "agree" "well" with most of your points, except that u seem unnecessarily concerned about the offense -- relying on "underclass" "men" has generally proven to be very successful for Duke.

And I too "adore sap" (though I prefer Vermont maple to the international varieties I've experienced) but really fail to see what that has to do with this thread at all. Wink)

(apologies: attempted-humor posts are a bitch to make on too little sleep!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: