RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lia Galderia forgoes final season at Wazzu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/03/15 7:38 pm    ::: Lia Galderia forgoes final season at Wazzu Reply Reply with quote

Head Coach June Daughtery has announced that senior-to-be Lia Galderia has signed a Professional contract to play in Europe next season. Galderia is in second place in career scoring at Wazzu and was part of the 1-2 punch along with Tia Presley for last year's Washington State basketball campaign. Presley is number three on the cougar career scoring list. Big hit for the Cougs. Hope she finishes her degree.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 07/04/15 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huge hit for the Cougs, but wish her much success .

dtrain34

PostPosted: 07/04/15 2:05 pm    ::: Re: Lia Galderia forgoes final season at Wazzu Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Hope she finishes her degree.

Without trying to cast aspersions on Liz, I wonder if she's a bit farther away from that goal than she should be. Even the highest-paying Euro clubs aren't handing out generational wealth and don't play under the luxurious conditions found in the Pac 12.

Alternate possibility: irritation with others in the program too late in her career for a productive transfer.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/07/15 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Galderia has the athleticism to be a pro player. What she lacks is a consistent outside jump shot. The foundation of her inconsistent jump shot is that too often she takes off balanced shots that alters the accuracy of her shots. She also takes shots too far outside the three point line. She is a player that would benefit immensely from hiring a shooting coach to help her with shooting. I was looking forward to watching her in the Pac-12 this upcoming season to monitor improvements in her game. I will miss her. I hope this does not hinder her from being a WNBA prospect next season.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: