RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stephanie Mavunga granted release to transfer from UNC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/22/15 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
It might also be interesting to backtrack and look at what schools were recruiting Mavunga and which were on her shortlist before she signed with UNC. That might also give some insight into where she could end up.

Also Considered
Stanford Cardinal, Connecticut Huskies, Indiana Hoosiers, Louisville Cardinals, Purdue Boilermakers,

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/115648/stephanie-mavunga

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/22/15 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
It might also be interesting to backtrack and look at what schools were recruiting Mavunga and which were on her shortlist before she signed with UNC. That might also give some insight into where she could end up.

Also Considered
Stanford Cardinal, Connecticut Huskies, Indiana Hoosiers, Louisville Cardinals, Purdue Boilermakers,

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/115648/stephanie-mavunga

I very much doubt she would end up at either Purdue or IU, for pretty obvious reasons (losers, in case anyone needs that spelled out). UConn and Stanford pretty much don't take transfers. Louisville? Maybe. My guess is somewhere unexpected. Tennessee would like to have her, I'm sure, as she'd be eligible after Graves graduates. So would a lot of other schools!

PostPosted: 06/22/15 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mavunga looks like she would fit in at tOSU. Other than Hart they have little effective size. She'd be able to play her last 2 years with Mitchell and Calhoun and play closer to home.

bacabuck

PostPosted: 06/24/15 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Mavunga looks like she would fit in at tOSU. Other than Hart they have little effective size. She'd be able to play her last 2 years with Mitchell and Calhoun and play closer to home.

Good thinkin!.........and a real possibility as coach McGuff is becoming a talent magnet in WCB, just as coach Meyer is in CFB.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/25/15 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If some hardship type scenario would allow her to transfer without penalty within the ACC, FSU might look tantalyzing. Bulgak will be graduated so there's a definite need and she would be playing with Romero, Wright, and Thomas. That would be a powerful line-up.

I like the possibility of tOSU as well.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 06/25/15 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She will go to Kentucky or a school in the BIG 10

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 06/26/15 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky.........I told you earlier. Ohio State does have a chance but the scholarships are not there if you look close unless they get creative....and that will mean to push someone out.

gethers22

PostPosted: 06/27/15 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like OSU might be the school. Today she posted on Instagram with one of the players at the school, and then followed 3 other players right after I was told. Should be interesting... Wherever she does go though she should be good. I just hope they can mold her into a demaya walker type player with the footwork more, or currently like a Tina Charles with the mid range game and rebounds. We shall see ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: