RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who wins the Pac XII Regular season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the PAC regular season in 15-16?
Arizona
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arizona State
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
California
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Colorado
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oregon
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Oregon State
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
Stanford
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
UCLA
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
USC
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Utah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Washington State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/23/15 12:15 pm    ::: Who wins the Pac XII Regular season? Reply Reply with quote

IS their even more parity in the league this year over last year?

newkid

PostPosted: 06/23/15 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there are a number of teams that could win. Stanford, Oregon State, UCLA; Washington could start coming on strong; can't ever count out Arizona State.

But I voted Stanford.

ETA: And Cal, duh

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 06/24/15 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love my Bruins, but Stanford's gonna keep getting my vote in polls like this, every single year, year after year, until someone other than them can prove otherwise.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 06/24/15 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for California, I watch Kristine Anigwe in the MCDonald game, she looked terrific.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/24/15 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC
willtalk

PostPosted: 06/24/15 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for Oregon St. because they have a good balanced team and a really good coach. They won last year and have everyone except one player back.I think Cal might be an interesting choice as well. They have some key additions. I think they will probably be more balanced than past years. Boyd was a good individual combo guard but I always thought she was a bit too ball dominant to be a college point guard on a team that had a lot of other good players. They had a lot of key injuries hit them last year, especially Range which hurt their consistency.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/25/15 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went with OSU as well, precisely for the reasons outlined in the previous mention; experienced team with great chemistry. And they add arguably a legitimate blue collar kid in Katie McWilliams, an instate kid who could contribute right away.

Curious to see how Year Two of Grave's Ducks turn out.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/25/15 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal will be quite interesting. They lose two players picked in the top 15 in the WNBA draft. Generally that would spell rebuilding year. On the other hand Cal started 2 freshmen last season, Mikayla Cowling (6'2") and Gabby Green (8'2"). Courtney Range (6'3") was coming off an injury at the start of last season but came on strong at the end of the season and could be a breakout star this year. Add in super freshman Kristine Anigwe and Cal will be big and fast, likely with four players on the court at 6'2" or more.

The big question is whether Mercedes Jefflo can play the point. Last season Gabby Green played some point when Boyd was out but Cal often struggled. Cal is also bringing in two potential point guard candidates (Breanna Cavanaugh and Asha Thomas). I suspect the early season will be a feeling out process. If Cal can figure out the PG position before the start of the Pac 12 season the Bears could be a strong contender. If they can't Cal will be no better than third.

And while I am in no way looking past this season the future is really bright as they will have no seniors this season

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/25/15 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Cal will be quite interesting. They lose two players picked in the top 15 in the WNBA draft. Generally that would spell rebuilding year. On the other hand Cal started 2 freshmen last season, Mikayla Cowling (6'2") and Gabby Green (8'2"). Courtney Range (6'3") was coming off an injury at the start of last season but came on strong at the end of the season and could be a breakout star this year. Add in super freshman Kristine Anigwe and Cal will be big and fast, likely with four players on the court at 6'2" or more.

The big question is whether Mercedes Jefflo can play the point. Last season Gabby Green played some point when Boyd was out but Cal often struggled. Cal is also bringing in two potential point guard candidates (Breanna Cavanaugh and Asha Thomas). I suspect the early season will be a feeling out process. If Cal can figure out the PG position before the start of the Pac 12 season the Bears could be a strong contender. If they can't Cal will be no better than third.

And while I am in no way looking past this season the future is really bright as they will have no seniors this season

Wow, Gabby Green is much taller than I thought! Maybe they should move her to post!

But seriously, I don't think Cal will be a factor in the PAC12 race this season. I would be surprised if they are top 4 because their talent is very young. But I would guess they should be competitive the following season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: