RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, this is getting pretty late in the year to be transferring...and with some of them being pretty big pieces to their respective programs it really makes it difficult.

ball4life

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:
Expecting news forthcoming from Florida State in the next few days.

ball4life

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Studies suggest player popularity translates into ticket sales in pretty much every sport.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/26/15 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw something about Lexie Brown now transferring from Maryland. Hmmmmm is Georgia gonna land these two transfers? I thought Kentucky would be in the running for Davis. Interesting...

Now that's just plain confuzzling....why would a kid with all of her accolades this past season decide to bail on her team like that? Confused

PostPosted: 05/27/15 4:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
You think that's bad? The Gonzalez twins have almost 700k Instagram followers each...

As one who does not follow (or otherwise indulge in) Instagram, what the hell is gained by this? Is there anything of real consequence, beyond being a more popular figure than someone who has 300K or 100K or just 20 followers?

Studies suggest player popularity translates into ticket sales in pretty much every sport.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 05/27/15 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Khaleann Cardon-Goudreau is going to Texas (from Vandy). No mention of her sister Audreyann who also transferred from Vandy.

http://www.texassports.com/news/2015/5/27/WBB_0527155840.aspx?path=wbball

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/27/15 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Khaleann Cardon-Goudreau is going to Texas (from Vandy). No mention of her sister Audreyann who also transferred from Vandy.

Would one really go somewhere without the other?

PostPosted: 05/27/15 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

The Lister twins did. Not unheard of, but probably the exception more than the rule.

PostPosted: 05/27/15 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

The Lister twins did. Not unheard of, but probably the exception more than the rule.

The Cardon-Goudreaux kind of seemed joined at the hip, maybe because they were the only Canadians on the Vandy team or something. Well, we shall see.

PostPosted: 05/27/15 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown's transfer means that now 6 of ESPN Hoopgurlz Class of 2013 Top 20 have no transferred from their original school signed. If Reimer had transferred as well, it would have been 7.

2. Davis (GA Tech)
3. DeShields (UNC)
8. Tucker (Tenn)
14. Washington (UNC)
15. Brown (Maryland)
19. Small (Baylor)

(side note: Nina Davis was ranked 52 in this class Shocked ...love how they have her listed at 6'1...if that was truly the case she should've been ranked in the Top 10...seems to be it's her height that's always caused the doubters.)
newkid

PostPosted: 05/28/15 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

The Cardon-Goudreaux kind of seemed joined at the hip, maybe because they were the only Canadians on the Vandy team or something. Well, we shall see.

Word is that Audrey-Ann is going juco for a year. Khaleann is going to petition the NCAA to play immediately at Texas becuase she only played 3 games last year at Vandy. Audrey-Ann, on the other hand, has no hope of avoiding the sit-out year. Speculation among Texas fans is that maybe Audrey-Ann joins her sister in 2016.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/28/15 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Word is that Audrey-Ann is going juco for a year. Khaleann is going to petition the NCAA to play immediately at Texas becuase she only played 3 games last year at Vandy. Audrey-Ann, on the other hand, has no hope of avoiding the sit-out year. Speculation among Texas fans is that maybe Audrey-Ann joins her sister in 2016.

Interesting, I think the NCAA would be more likely to grant her a 6th year than to let her play immediately, unless she has some other reason to give them besides her injury because I don't think that is a reason the NCAA would accept to allow her to play immediately.

newkid

PostPosted: 05/28/15 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
newkid wrote:

Interesting, I think the NCAA would be more likely to grant her a 6th year than to let her play immediately, unless she has some other reason to give them besides her injury because I don't think that is a reason the NCAA would accept to allow her to play immediately.

True. Maybe I'm confuzzled. Maybe she simply intends to ask for 4 years of eligibility but still plans to sit a year?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/28/15 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

They went to IMG Academy, which doesn't give me a very high opinion of their educational aims. I wonder if they won't skin out and go pro as soon as they can.....

PostPosted: 05/28/15 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

They went to IMG Academy, which doesn't give me a very high opinion of their educational aims. I wonder if they won't skin out and go pro as soon as they can.....

What is wrong with IMG Academy? Sounds like its a solid private school and would they have gained admittance to Vanderbilt if they were not solid students? Would they even go to Vandy if academics were not a priority? I think you are reaching a little bit.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/28/15 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

They can already go pro if that wanted to that badly. And by going to a college the added 2 years before they could go to the WNBA so i'm not following you, their decision to go to Vanderbilt and transfer to another college shows the complete opposite of wanting to go pro as soon as they can.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/28/15 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
newkid wrote:

True. Maybe I'm confuzzled. Maybe she simply intends to ask for 4 years of eligibility but still plans to sit a year?

It is entirely possible she is going to petition to play immediately, and depending on the reason why, immediate play could be granted to her.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 05/28/15 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis. SC staff not even being discreet about it. The whole coaching staff simultaneously followed the Davis family on Twitter.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/28/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

What is wrong with IMG Academy? Sounds like its a solid private school and would they have gained admittance to Vanderbilt if they were not solid students? Would they even go to Vandy if academics were not a priority? I think you are reaching a little bit.

IMG is sports first and school second, as far as I can tell, kind of like some of the other private "prep" schools (many of which specialize in basketball). It was founded as a sports academy and added academics later.

PostPosted: 05/29/15 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jannah Tucker is transferring to Villanova (http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/aau-coach-jannah-tucker-transferring-to-villanova_78245949).

I hope things work out well for her there. At least she's closer to home, as she's from Maryland.

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/30/15 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

IMG is sports first and school second, as far as I can tell, kind of like some of the other private "prep" schools (many of which specialize in basketball). It was founded as a sports academy and added academics later.

Looked at their website and honestly the school looks legit. Yes, parents may send their tennis or soccer prodigy to IMG for training but at the same time I don't think these are the types of families who would skimp on an education. The basketball schools on the men's side with very small enrollments consisting of almost only basketball players, now that is a little shady but this looks fine. Pristine campus by the way, AP Courses, college dual enrollment options. I think if the school was questionable a top university like Vanderbilt would pass on them.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/30/15 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Whether or not you think highly of wikipedia (and an independent survey recently found that its error rate is actually on par with that of Encyclopedia Brittanica!) here is a slightly different view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_Academy

Of course IMG's own website is going to buff it up. That's their business, isn't it? And Vandy isn't as positively sterling as you would like it to be when it comes to athletes. Granted, they are probably pretty smart, but like all athletic programs, there's tutoring available. That doesn't change my opinion of IMG one whit.

PostPosted: 05/30/15 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of Stanford men's basketballs best players a year or two ago went to IMG Academy. http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=208169745 Notre Dame has a football commitment from a IMG Academy player. I just find it hard to believe these top schools are going after students from a shoddy private school.

No doubt though, the IMG Sports are known way more than their academics but that's not the school's fault.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 05/30/15 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
newkid wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Whether or not you think highly of wikipedia (and an independent survey recently found that its error rate is actually on par with that of Encyclopedia Brittanica!) here is a slightly different view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_Academy

Of course IMG's own website is going to buff it up. That's their business, isn't it? And Vandy isn't as positively sterling as you would like it to be when it comes to athletes. Granted, they are probably pretty smart, but like all athletic programs, there's tutoring available. That doesn't change my opinion of IMG one whit.

I went to Van Der Meer tennis academy in high school for a little bit in Hilton Head. It was a tennis academy. Our school was literally a shed next to the courts. While we did have school per say, it was definitely a lighter load gland they were ok with our crazy schedule. I missed half the school year playing tournaments around the world. Lol. It was pretty much a joke just like most of those academies.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/30/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Jannah Tucker is transferring to Villanova (http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/aau-coach-jannah-tucker-transferring-to-villanova_78245949).

I hope things work out well for her there. At least she's closer to home, as she's from Maryland.

I think there will be less pressure for her there, and she may get to play more. I wish her nothing but the best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 18 of 24

Jump to: