RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Former Lady Vol Brittany Jackson expecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/26/15 2:38 pm    ::: Former Lady Vol Brittany Jackson expecting Reply Reply with quote

[Putting this here instead of the WNBA folder, because the person in question is more noted for her college career than her pro playing career.]

I didn't hear about it until recently, and I don't think anyone on RebKell mentioned it before. But last January 2015, former Lady Vol player Brittany Jackson was reported to be expecting a child! Congrats to her! The father is former University of Tennessee Vol (and NFL) football player Albert Haynesworth.

http://ballerwives.com/2015/02/01/albert-haynesworth-and-girlfriend-brittany-jackson-expecting-their-first-hild-together-details/

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Vols-Brittany-Jackson-Albert-Haynesworth-expecting-baby-34495154

http://www.knoxnews.com/knoxville/babyvfl-former-lady-vol-vol-expecting-baby

PostPosted: 05/26/15 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She hasn't played in the WNBA since......?????????

I sincerely hope the girl has her life straightened out. She had a bout with alcohol abuse a few years back and has kept a fairly low profile since.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She hasn't played in the WNBA since......?????????

She never played in the WNBA

PostPosted: 05/26/15 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well all righty then. I think she may have gotten drafted in a lower round; I don't even remember. I liked her when she played for the Lady Vols but she seemed to kinda have a hard time dealing with life after basketball for awhile. I believe she and her sister are doing some basketball camps now. She was a pretty good player in her day.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Well all righty then. I think she may have gotten drafted in a lower round; I don't even remember. I liked her when she played for the Lady Vols but she seemed to kinda have a hard time dealing with life after basketball for awhile. I believe she and her sister are doing some basketball camps now. She was a pretty good player in her day.

She was never drafted by a WNBA team, nor did she play a regular-season game there.

She did sign a preseason contract with the Atlanta Dream in 2008, then got waived before the season began. In the 2010 preseason, she signed with the San Antonio Silver Stars, and was also waived that April.

A month after being waived by the Silver Stars, Brittany and her younger sister were arrested for aggravated assault against a man who was the sister's ex.

A month later, Brittany was arrested again after she crashed into another vehicle and attempted to flee from the scene of the accident. She also failed a sobriety test. Shocked

And yes, Brittany still has her basketball academy.
http://brittany-jackson.com/academy/

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: