RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Today'sUSA Basketball U18 3x3 selection tournament winner is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/03/15 6:28 pm    ::: Today'sUSA Basketball U18 3x3 selection tournament winner is Reply Reply with quote

Team Defend. They will represent the US at the FIBA worlds in Hungary next month.

"The 2015 USA 3x3 U18 Women’s World Championship Team features: Kristine Anigwe (Desert Vista H.S./Phoenix, Ariz.), Natalie Chou (Plano West H.S./Plano, Texas), Asia Durr (St. Pius X Catholic H.S./Douglasville, Ga.) and Arike Ogunbowale (Divine Savior Holy Angels H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.)."

Defend beat Southern Starz in the finals but Starz's Erin Boley was named tournament MVP.

dtrain34

PostPosted: 05/03/15 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word as to who USA Baseball named to its U18 Home Run Derby team?

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/03/15 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't recognize a single player from any of these teams except 2. Maybe they should do something to get the participation up.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/03/15 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
I don't recognize a single player from any of these teams except 2. Maybe they should do something to get the participation up.

You don't know all four of those players on the winning team? Seriously?

Well I guess I have to give you credit for being willing to admit that. I don't think I'd be bragging about that.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/04/15 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

Actually, that's a pretty strong group. Barring injury or other disaster, I would think all but Chou are collegiate all-American candidates, and Chou is a 6-1 shooter who could easily blossom into something special.

PostPosted: 05/04/15 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

You don't know all four of those players on the winning team? Seriously?

Well I guess I have to give you credit for being willing to admit that. I don't think I'd be bragging about that.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, my original post was too short. I meant to say I only knew of players from two teams. I knew all 4 players on the winning team and the players from the runner up team. I was just surprised that more players that are D1 caliber arent in it. For instance, Louisville's 2016 recruit is from Colorado Springs, where this event took place. I wonder if there is a high cost that is keeping more players away? It looks like each time they have 1 "USA" team with 4 players from USA Basketball. Recently there has been 1 or 2 people who try to give them some competition maybe by sponsoring a team. Mike Flynn sponsored a team and I think Premier Basketball Report is connected with the runner up team but I am not positive.

Would be nice if there was maybe 1 or 2 more teams with all D1 recruits in the mix but like I said maybe the cost is prohibitive and if so I understand the lack of participation.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 05/04/15 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Street ball on the hardwood. No D. Fun.

PostPosted: 05/23/15 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Boley has replaced the injured Asia Durr on the US team that heads to Hungary in a couple of weeks.

http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2015/05/erin-boley-added-to-usa-3x3-u18-wc-team.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: