RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

FR starting guard Sierra Calhoun leaving Duke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/05/15 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:
I keep hoping there will be some facts supported by evidence in this thread, but like so much about McCallie, it's all rumor and innuendo.

I'm not defending her, mind you, because there's a lot of smoke, but no one has yet managed to produce hard evidence of the fire.

I get the intent of your analogy, but....I'm concerned about all the 'damage' from Smoke Inhalation while the Fire goes undetected/unreported.... Shocked And I'm being serious....think about it: how long did Renee Portland wreak her damaging shit at Penn State before FINALLY it came to the light of day? How much damage was done? And Renee (until tonight) was the winningest coach in the Big Ten!

Thank you Howee. This is exactly why the people in the program wanted certain things known even though they weren't ready to share publically.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/05/15 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
Her leaving had nothing to do with coaching.

Father was upset that the other frosh were getting more publicity and he demanded that the staff focus more on Sierra,,,even though she was starting and played a ton of minutes.

Daddy also got in a verbal argument with another players father after he was belittling that player during a game) and they had to leave the building. He also was angry that that player accidently hurt Sierra(inadvertant elbow) in practice.

After he game he told Sierra to pack up and he pulled her out of school

Lies .

Total fabrication. Well, there is one element of truth - Sierra did get injured in practice by a very hard foul. The rest of it is spun from thin air. Especially the part of it being about publicity given to other frosh. That's a grave disservice to Sierra and her family. You really shouldn't come and spout things that are simply not true.

No not a fabrication...Seems you're not quite the insider you think you are...Mr. C got in the argument with Mr. J...If you were attending the games you would know that. They had to take it outside,

Believe what you want about the rest...It's whats being said by people in the position to know.

Oh, I know what happened. But you've put together some pieces of things and made conclusions that aren't correct. If things are happening in practice and locker room that might cause players to be injured, it's definitely related to coaching. The coach is the head of the whole program.

I no longer attend the games. I will return when Duke gets a coach I can be proud of. She's not getting one thin dime from me.

~rAf
goforit77

PostPosted: 02/06/15 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:

Father was upset that the other frosh were getting more publicity and he demanded that the staff focus more on Sierra,,,even though she was starting and played a ton of minutes.

Daddy also got in a verbal argument with another players father after he was belittling that player during a game) and they had to leave the building. He also was angry that that player accidently hurt Sierra(inadvertant elbow) in practice.

Lies .

Total fabrication. Well, there is one element of truth - Sierra did get injured in practice by a very hard foul. The rest of it is spun from thin air. Especially the part of it being about publicity given to other frosh. That's a grave disservice to Sierra and her family. You really shouldn't come and spout things that are simply not true.

No not a fabrication...Seems you're not quite the insider you think you are...Mr. C got in the argument with Mr. J...If you were attending the games you would know that. They had to take it outside,

Believe what you want about the rest...It's whats being said by people in the position to know.

Oh, I know what happened. But you've put together some pieces of things and made conclusions that aren't correct. If things are happening in practice and locker room that might cause players to be injured, it's definitely related to coaching. The coach is the head of the whole program.

I no longer attend the games. I will return when Duke gets a coach I can be proud of. She's not getting one thin dime from me.

Oh I know with you everything is about the coach...That is why you are passively aggressively implying it was Coach P's fault she left.

An inadvertent elbow happens all the time...No big deal...A fight between 2 seniors who are best friends...again no big deal.

Choosing to go to games is your right but you loose all credibility....You stopped supporting DWB and made it about yourself and your hatred of the coach.

It will be a long time before you ever go back to Cameron if that is your stance.

greatgator

PostPosted: 02/06/15 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Likewise

Though I do attend the men's games.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/06/15 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok RAF, i believe you.

Here's hoping the Duke Dark Days end soon for you.

PostPosted: 02/06/15 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
There comes a point where you don't want to see your kid abused any more. Sierra may actually benefit from a semester off, particularly if her time with Duke/Coach P. led to any psychological problems, which is possible. Loss of confidence or serious depression could be a biggie. We don't know what it is because none of us was there, so it might behoove some of you to back off a little.

What is your source for these claims? You admit you weren't there, yet make extreme innuendos about McCallie and Calhoun's state of mind. Maybe you should back off from such unsubstantiated psychoanalysis.

Actually I made some *conjectures* based on what people who seem to have some inside knowledge have said.

I don't find anything said in this thread to demonstrate "inside knowledge" or to be objectively credible. Some of the claims could be true, but no one has any way to measure the truth value or the circumstantial probability of reliability of the supposed evidence. That's because all the supposed claims fall into two unreliable classes.

First, there are posters who give details but do not identify themselves or their sources, even generally.

Second, there are posters who claim to have all sorts of inside sources but who then say they're "not at liberty" to reveal any details about "personal" or "private" matters or that they've somehow been pledged to secrecy.

Neither kind of claimant has any objective credibility in my book.

If you want to be believed, make your claim under your real name, state the details of the claim, and then name the source(s) of your information -- at least generally, such as a family member, a teammate or a member of the school athletic staff.

Otherwise, all we get are anonymous and untestable slurs such as Sierra Calhoun has psychological problems, Sierra Calhoun's father has psychological problems, or Coach P has psychological problems.

Not fit for media publication. Inadmissible in court. Caveat lector.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/06/15 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:

Lies .

Oh I know with you everything is about the coach...That is why you are passively aggressively implying it was Coach P's fault she left.

An inadvertent elbow happens all the time...No big deal...A fight between 2 seniors who are best friends...again no big deal.

Choosing to go to games is your right but you loose all credibility....You stopped supporting DWB and made it about yourself and your hatred of the coach.

It will be a long time before you ever go back to Cameron if that is your stance.

Finally we know your agenda. You're either in the McCallie family or on the payroll. Whichever it is, your sole intent is to continue the McCallie tradition of placing blame on virtually everyone in the universe except herself.

Again. I will not spend one dime to support McCallie at Duke. I am totally about the real Duke Women's Basketball Program and this is not it. The sooner real women's basketball returns to Duke, the better. I don't really care what you think about my decision. You don't get to decide where my loyalties lie.

Either all the players and coaches who've left Duke are each 100% to blame or the coach has a part in each departure. I can tell you most of them left to get as far away from McCallie as they could get as fast as they could get there.

Like I said, at least now we know your agenda. Take all blame off McCallie and place it on the most recent person to leave the program.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 02/07/15 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

rAf, check your PM box.

PostPosted: 02/09/15 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:

Lies .

Finally we know your agenda. You're either in the McCallie family or on the payroll. Whichever it is, your sole intent is to continue the McCallie tradition of placing blame on virtually everyone in the universe except herself.

Again. I will not spend one dime to support McCallie at Duke. I am totally about the real Duke Women's Basketball Program and this is not it. The sooner real women's basketball returns to Duke, the better. I don't really care what you think about my decision. You don't get to decide where my loyalties lie.

Either all the players and coaches who've left Duke are each 100% to blame or the coach has a part in each departure. I can tell you most of them left to get as far away from McCallie as they could get as fast as they could get there.

Like I said, at least now we know your agenda. Take all blame off McCallie and place it on the most recent person to leave the program.

I did not really want to get involved in this exercise in negativity, but you pushed one of my buttons. I would have rather let the past be the past and just let it go.

The last time we were in a discussion on a thread you accused me of having a loyalty to coach P. I never responded because I was out of town followed by an illness. I just basically then thought it wasn't worth the trouble and just quit posting on the Duke site.

It seems that when ever someone doesn't agree with your take or offers an alternate perspective you perceive and accuse them as being died in the wool biased McCally supporters. I don't know her, have never met or even seen her. I don't follow teams, rather players that come from my area and some just happened to play for Duke.
Lets get this one thing straight. As far as I am concerned this is less about McCally than it is about objectivity, fairness and intent. When someone mentions the term agenda they might want to examine their own first.

You mentioned in one of your more recent posts that you would try to focus on the positive rather than the negative. I thought that was a good choice for you. Didn't last very long though.

I spent about 4 years participating on the Duke site, until it became too negative and biased to be worth my while. Criticism can serve a purpose and be constructive, but their comes a point when it digresses into nothing but a personal vendetta b!tch session. It's unfortunate that the Dookies are not satisfied with keeping it in house but chose to bring that negativity to every site they can. Most of it being emotional agenda driven BS that has more to do with the situation before the present coach as it does her and the condition of the program today. I get around to a lot of sites and have never seen such anti coach promotion on other sites as I have for McCally. That's easy to do when no one really knows anything and has no reason to counter most of the BS that is posted.

RAN/Mofan-- I respect your basketball knowledge and you as a person except when it comes to your take on McCally and that is not motivated by any pro McCally agenda. A lot of your perspective, I feel, is motivated by a difference of opinion on coaching philosophy with McCally. That does not make her the Devil. I have always liked and respected you except when you allow your emotional agenda to cloud your objectivity. But you see truth and objectivity should take precedence over personal feelings. That is something you need to work on. People can be decent people except for certain area's of their lives. Your initial plan to step back and take a break from Duke basketball was a good way to regain emotional objectivity. Negativity is like a virus that can spread from person to person and sometimes isolation is the best cure.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/09/15 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
A lot of your perspective, I feel, is motivated by a difference of opinion on coaching philosophy with McCally. That does not make her the Devil.

Maybe varying definitions of "coaching philosophy" need to be examined here, in this context: disagreeing with how Xs and Os are executed is one thing. But when a coach repeatedly and publicly is disparaging to their athletes, and this is borne out season after season, then, yes....the moniker "Devil" might come into play.

You mention that you haven't met Coach P: you may want to give more credence to those who HAVE been around her and the team, and who talk directly with parents/players/former assistants.

willtalk wrote:
....But you see truth and objectivity should take precedence over personal feelings.

And often-times, personal feelings are molded by the objective truths one sees when one is Up Close and Personally invested in the situation at hand.

Always remember: any forum such as this, or any other fan board, is limited by the printed word. Venting is one useful purpose boards serve. And emotions run high when it's The Team We Love in this Game We Love. Especially when something that is loved is being destroyed from within.

PostPosted: 04/30/15 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word on Sierra's next team?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's kept such a low profile you almost have to wonder if she's burned out on basketball. Did she stay at Duke for the rest of the year and complete her studies?

PostPosted: 05/01/15 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She's kept such a low profile you almost have to wonder if she's burned out on basketball. Did she stay at Duke for the rest of the year and complete her studies?

She left Duke

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/02/15 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did she leave Duke before the spring semester started? If so, she could have enrolled elsewhere and been eligible during the second semester of 2015-2016 season. Most players who leave during the season commit way earlier than this, so I'm not sure what is taking so long. By taking this long won't she have to sit out all of next year? 1.5 years of sitting out isn't smart.

beknighted

PostPosted: 05/02/15 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Did she leave Duke before the spring semester started? If so, she could have enrolled elsewhere and been eligible during the second semester of 2015-2016 season. Most players who leave during the season commit way earlier than this, so I'm not sure what is taking so long. By taking this long won't she have to sit out all of next year? 1.5 years of sitting out isn't smart.

Maybe not. As I understand it, if you sit out the spring semester and fall semester and then play, you get to play for 3 years total (fall year 1, spring year 2, then 2 full seasons); if you sit out 1.5 years, you get to play for 3.5 years (fall year 1, then 3 full seasons). So if maximizing your development by playing is your goal, it would make sense.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/02/15 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm always a little surprised when transfers choose to start at mid-semester. Why not get a full year in, unless you're in a hurry to graduate?

PostPosted: 05/02/15 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know where she is or where she went?

PostPosted: 05/03/15 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It hasn't been reported yet? Maybe she's given up basketball, burn out maybe ?
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/03/15 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It hasn't been reported yet? Maybe she's given up basketball, burn out maybe ?

That's what I was wondering. Or maybe she'll do a Sydney Moss and go DIII or DII where there's not so much pressure on her. She wouldn't be the first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: