RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dykes signs post to first class of six

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/21/15 11:02 pm    ::: Dykes signs post to first class of six Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Arkansas women's basketball team landed one of the nation's top junior college prospects Thursday.

Center Alecia Cooley, 6-3, of State Fair (Mo.) Community College signed with the Razorbacks after taking an official visit to Fayetteville over the weekend. She averaged 17.3 points and 11.7 rebounds a game while earning first-team All-America honors this past season.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/apr/17/dykes-signs-post-to-first-class-of-six-/
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/22/15 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm impressed so far by what Dykes has been able to do. If he keeps it up, Arkansas will become a worthy opponent instead of a ho-hum game.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The University of Arkansas women’s basketball team has announced the signing of a 6-foot-3-inch junior college post player.

Razorbacks’ head coach Jimmy Dykes said Tuesday that Tatiyana Smith of Arkansas Baptist College in Little Rock has signed a national letter of intent with UA.

Smith is a native of Plane Texas, who averaged 11.4 points and 7.2 rebounds per game as a sophomore last season at Arkansas Baptist.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/arkansas-womens-basketball-team-adds-juco-signee/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz3Y3vfV9b9
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/22/15 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm, two 6'3" posts. I see he plans to have more of a bench this year.
bballfan32

PostPosted: 04/22/15 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also announced tonight the signing of 6-3" NJCAA All-American Angelica DePaulo. Razorbacks were competing against LSU for DePaulo. Big get for Dykes.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/22/15 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three 6'3"s? Guess he figures he needs some size to compete in the SEC and beyond. By my count, along with the seven returning players, he has about 15 players on his roster now. I guess he could redshirt some if needed.
bballfan32

PostPosted: 04/23/15 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Three 6'3"s? Guess he figures he needs some size to compete in the SEC and beyond. By my count, along with the seven returning players, he has about 15 players on his roster now. I guess he could redshirt some if needed.

Seven are not returning. Powell had been granted her release and rumor is so has Bostad. It is still up in the air whether or not Bailey will use up her fifth year of eligibility. My mistake on DePaulo. She is 6-1", but expected to highly skilled in the post.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/23/15 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan32 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Seven are not returning. Powell had been granted her release and rumor is so has Bostad. It is still up in the air whether or not Bailey will use up her fifth year of eligibility. My mistake on DePaulo. She is 6-1", but expected to highly skilled in the post.

Hmmm, News to me. I'll have to check that out.
bballfan32

PostPosted: 04/23/15 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't mean much, but Powell and Bostad were not at the Hogspy Awards banquet last night.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/24/15 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Dykes did a really impressive job last season,

I'll add though that that doesn't really alter the question of whether he should have been hired in the first place. (For the record his hiring didn't really bother me. But if you did object though, to me the fact they appear so far to have lucked out shouldn't really change the answer as to whether he deserved the job in the first place.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: