RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why Loyd leaving early is a good thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
Always the bridesmaid... and the victim apparently. Yeesh.

And they always travel in packs.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Funny how you have yet to acknowledge an actual FACT, the USA Basketball Camp that Geno will be attending in a few weeks. Facts don't matter to you apparently.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Funny how you have yet to acknowledge an actual FACT, the USA Basketball Camp that Geno will be attending in a few weeks. Facts don't matter to you apparently.

One day for the draft, two days several weeks later for the camp, all summer avilable. No other possible time to schedule a vacation even with months of advance planning. Yeah, that must be it. Come on, that's really the best excuse you can come up with?

Facts matter, they just don't help your position, that's all. It's obvious attending the draft just isn't a priority for Geno. He sets the standard, right? So stop pretending it matters whether any other coach was there.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mary, Blessed Virgin Mother of God, LET IT THE FUCK GO ALREADY

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Turn away and slam the door!

PostPosted: 04/22/15 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I'm worried that you're being too subtle here.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/22/15 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I care not that McGraw wasn't at the draft. As someone said above, a coach normally wouldn't attend unless invited by the player. Under these unusual circumstances surrounding Loyd's "sudden" decision, it makes sense that Loyd may not have invited McGraw even if McGraw was ready, willing and able to attend.

I'm more interested in the absence of Auriemma. The only explanation we have in this thread is Queenie's post to the effect that Auriemma was in Napa with his wife "per his daughter". Queenie, is this something the daughter told you personally or that you pulled from some source?

I'm curious because Auriemma's absence at a draft seems so unlike him,

and because a vacation seems so easily scheduled around a two hour draft event, which he would have known about literally for years in the case of KML. It seems almost impossible that KML wouldn't have invited him or that he wouldn't have wanted to go.

It makes me think the mystery trip was more than just a vacation. Auriemma frequently travels with his wife on recruiting trips, for example. (I've seen them.) It could have been some conflicting event or meeting that was very important to Auriemma, enough to rely on flowers for the greatest three-point shooter in galactic history.
Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/15 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me it seemed like ND coaching staff was boycotting Loyd's draft, because are you telling me it was not possible for any of the coaching staff to be freed up for the event? If no one else, Anchonwa would have been the perfect rep, and I know she loves Loyd, but not even she was there. Smells like boycott to me.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/23/15 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/15 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
To me it seemed like ND coaching staff was boycotting Loyd's draft, because are you telling me it was not possible for any of the coaching to be freed up for the event? If no one else, Anchonwa would have been the perfect rep, and I know she loves Loyd, but not even she was there. Smells like boycott to me.

Achonwa is a player for Indiana. That would have created a conflict of interest, since Loyd was drafted by another team.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
To me it seemed like ND coaching staff was boycotting Loyd's draft, because are you telling me it was not possible for any of the coaching to be freed up for the event? If no one else, Anchonwa would have been the perfect rep, and I know she loves Loyd, but not even she was there. Smells like boycott to me.

Achonwa is a player for Indiana. That would have created a conflict of interest, since Loyd was drafted by another team.

Good point. Not really so ideal, but you would think maybe she could represent both ND & IND at the draft. Too much to expect, I suppose.

Geez, IND only had one pick in the second round. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/22/15 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I care not that McGraw wasn't at the draft. As someone said above, a coach normally wouldn't attend unless invited by the player. Under these unusual circumstances surrounding Loyd's "sudden" decision, it makes sense that Loyd may not have invited McGraw even if McGraw was ready, willing and able to attend.

I'm more interested in the absence of Auriemma. The only explanation we have in this thread is Queenie's post to the effect that Auriemma was in Napa with his wife "per his daughter". Queenie, is this something the daughter told you personally or that you pulled from some source?

and because a vacation seems so easily scheduled around a two hour draft event, which he would have known about literally for years in the case of KML. It seems almost impossible that KML wouldn't have invited him or that he wouldn't have wanted to go.

It makes me think the mystery trip was more than just a vacation. Auriemma frequently travels with his wife on recruiting trips, for example. (I've seen them.) It could have been some conflicting event or meeting that was very important to Auriemma, enough to rely on flowers for the greatest three-point shooter in galactic history.

I follow Alysa Auriemma on Twitter, which is where she explained the situation. (Her Twitter is protected, but for those of you who do follow her, here's the Tweet.) (But I would like to meet her in person someday so we can geek out at each other over good books.)

Honestly, the number of fucks I give about this hover in the vicinity of Odyssey Sims's jersey number, except that the stubbornness on both sides of this mountain range that used to be a molehill is giving me a headache.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Oh, excuse me. You're a UConn fan. Hypocrisy is second nature to you. How silly of me.

Yeesh. Next time I'm tempted to respond to something you say, I'm going to think of this.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/22/15 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. That "Loyd leaving early is good for the game" may remain debatable.

Here at Rebs, her 'leaving' has DEFINITELY been good: good fodder for fans who are jonesing for some Real Basketball Games, and in their absence are relegated to beating each other up, as evidenced by this thread. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 04/23/15 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

'

It does seem like he could have scheduled a recruiting trip around the draft or postponed a vacation. He's made them in the past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: