RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SBT says Jewell Loyd to Enter WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 04/16/15 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindsay is also Dee's agent and we know she didn't leave school early. i fail to see your point. there are only so many agents to go around and by all accounts Lindsay is one of the best. why wouldn't Loyd want to hook up with her?

PostPosted: 04/16/15 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Lindsay is also Dee's agent and we know she didn't leave school early. i fail to see your point. there are only so many agents to go around and by all accounts Lindsay is one of the best. why wouldn't Loyd want to hook up with her?

She represents both Griner and Delle Donne.

Like you, I fail to see the point.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/16/15 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

I think if there is any link between Lindsay being Prince's agent and being Loyd's agent, causation might go the other way - it's not that the agent influenced the decision, but that, having made the decision, Loyd might also have decided that it would be helpful to have an agent who'd worked with another player who'd left early, as Lindsay might have some ideas about how to, for instance, approach teams overseas. (I'm not saying that there would be much difference, but if I were an agent, I'd pitch that experience in this situation.)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/16/15 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

I think if there is any link between Lindsay being Prince's agent and being Loyd's agent, causation might go the other way - it's not that the agent influenced the decision, but that, having made the decision, Loyd might also have decided that it would be helpful to have an agent who'd worked with another player who'd left early, as Lindsay might have some ideas about how to, for instance, approach teams overseas. (I'm not saying that there would be much difference, but if I were an agent, I'd pitch that experience in this situation.)

Or maybe she just wanted the agent who represents several other of the top young high profile players.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/16/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Or maybe she just wanted the agent who represents several other of the top young high profile players.

Certainly.

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/17/15 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

From my understanding Lindsay Kagawa Colas is one of the best agents in the world so it was make sense that she would target Jewell Loyd and likewise Jewell Loyd would want to sign with her.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/27/15 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/loyd-it-was-my-time-to-leave-notre-dame/32602808

The best part of this is the idiot commenting. Laughing

Probably jealous of Muffet showing up Brey and Kelly!

Shades

PostPosted: 06/17/15 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND Women's Basketball department showing their (lack of) maturity again.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh FFS, it's just like every AllStar game where the fans vote! Everybody is gonna campaign. Untwist your knickers, it can't make for comfortable sitting.

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oh FFS, it's just like every AllStar game where the fans vote! Everybody is gonna campaign. Untwist your knickers, it can't make for comfortable sitting.

I think the point is there is a glaring omission...someone that declared and left early just a few weeks ago.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I think the point is there is a glaring omission...someone that declared and left early just a few weeks ago.

It makes ND look awfully petty.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

Not enough characters in earlier tweet... Also Jewell Loyd for WNBA All-Star 2015 balloting here: http://on.nba.com/1TuPZ9V

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

Not enough characters in earlier tweet... Also Jewell Loyd for WNBA All-Star 2015 balloting here: http://on.nba.com/1TuPZ9V

Nice try by them...but come on.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

There were 136 characters in the first tweet, so that is right. It still seems like quite the oversight and a bad choice about that to cut to tighten the tweet.

GEF34

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

There were 136 characters in the first tweet, so that is right. It still seems like quite the oversight and a bad choice about that to cut to tighten the tweet.

If the tweets were back to back it would be more believable than a 5 hour difference between tweets.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

Also notable that they didn't include Loyd's twitter handle @jewellloyd like they did for the others

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't do Twitter, so I'm not sure this issue makes any sound for me.

But I wonder if high schools send out tweets encouraging their alums to vote for NBA players.
PhillyCat

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone showed them how to say it all in one tweet:

gottawearshades ‏@gottawearshades 12m12 minutes ago

@ndwbb Make sure you vote for ND alums @SkyDigg4 @MsPeters14 @kaymac_2123 @NatAchon @jewellloyd WNBA All-Star ballot http://www.wnba.com/asb/

Shades

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

There's plenty of room for @jewellloyd. But if you really didn't believe you had the room, then you would have made that tweet right away, NOT 5 HOURS LATER.

I say they were petty, or just plain forgot about her. Either way, they probably took some heat from somebody.

Notice how they didn't tag her twitter handle like they did with the other ND alums? More accumulating pettiness.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/18/15 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
NOTRE DAME WBB
‏@ndwbb

There's plenty of room for @jewellloyd. But if you really didn't believe you had the room, then you would have made that tweet right away, NOT 5 HOURS LATER.

I say they were petty, or just plain forgot about her. Either way, they probably took some heat from somebody.

Notice how they didn't tag her twitter handle like they did with the other ND alums? More accumulating pettiness.

There was room and a way...and yeah, the 5 hour delay pretty much says it all. Someone noticed and word got back so they tried to cover their butts.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 06/18/15 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PhillyCat wrote:

@ndwbb Make sure you vote for ND alums @SkyDigg4 @MsPeters14 @kaymac_2123 @NatAchon @jewellloyd WNBA All-Star ballot http://www.wnba.com/asb/

This version may also be inaccurate depending on your definition of alum...

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/20/15 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
PhillyCat wrote:

Someone didn't finish coursework, then? Gotta be either the youngster or the Lynx (since you're the one making the point).

PostPosted: 06/20/15 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
PhillyCat wrote:

Someone didn't finish coursework, then? Gotta be either the youngster or the Lynx (since you're the one making the point).

The dictionary definition refers to anyone who matriculates and is ever a student, regardless of whether that person graduates or not.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/20/15 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
PhillyCat wrote:

The dictionary definition refers to anyone who matriculates and is ever a student, regardless of whether that person graduates or not.

Some dictionaries, grammarians and individual schools require one to have finished studies or to be a graduate to qualify as an alum.

Is EDD a UConn alum? She was once formally registered in the summer semester.
ball4life

PostPosted: 06/20/15 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
PhillyCat wrote:

Some dictionaries, grammarians and individual schools require one to have finished studies or to be a graduate to qualify as an alum.

Is EDD a UConn alum? She was once formally registered in the summer semester.

I'm not sure that the EDD analogy really fits. More like would you consider Ray Allen a UConn alum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: