RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 2016 recruit Lauren Cox cuts list to 6 schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lvf08

PostPosted: 04/15/15 10:22 pm    ::: #1 2016 recruit Lauren Cox cuts list to 6 schools Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cox has narrowed her list from nine to six, her father, Dennis, confirmed Wednesday. She has eliminated Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M. Her final six (in alphabetical order) are Baylor, Connecticut, Louisville, Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Cox has made unofficial visits to Baylor, Louisville, and Notre Dame. UConn and Tennessee did home visits last month. Her father added that she will not take official visits until the fall.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/top-junior-cox-has-uconn-on-list-of-six/

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/15/15 11:54 pm    ::: Re: #1 2016 recruit Lauren Cox cuts list to 6 schools Reply Reply with quote

lvf08 wrote:
Quote:
Cox has narrowed her list from nine to six, her father, Dennis, confirmed Wednesday. She has eliminated Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M. Her final six (in alphabetical order) are Baylor, Connecticut, Louisville, Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Cox has made unofficial visits to Baylor, Louisville, and Notre Dame. UConn and Tennessee did home visits last month. Her father added that she will not take official visits until the fall.

I think most top recruits have their minds made up by the spring of their junior year. Therefore, I always give a lot of weight to the unofficial visits they have taken at that point, which are three for Cox.

Cox is a center. However strong her interest may be in staying in Texas, she has to be somewhat put off by the fact that McD AA centers Kalani Brown and Beatrice Mompremier are becoming Lady Bears a year ahead of her.

There would be two years of Mercedes Russell ahead of her at UTK.

There might be an open path for her at UConn as a freshman, as Stewart will be gone and Butler may not be of top rotation quality.

All things considered as of now, I'd put Louisville and Notre Dame in the lead.
sammieee

PostPosted: 04/16/15 12:36 am    ::: Re: #1 2016 recruit Lauren Cox cuts list to 6 schools Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
lvf08 wrote:
Quote:

I think most top recruits have their minds made up by the spring of their junior year. Therefore, I always give a lot of weight to the unofficial visits they have taken at that point, which are three for Cox.

Cox is a center. However strong her interest may be in staying in Texas, she has to be somewhat put off by the fact that McD AA centers Kalani Brown and Beatrice Mompremier are becoming Lady Bears a year ahead of her.

There would be two years of Mercedes Russell ahead of her at UTK.

There might be an open path for her at UConn as a freshman, as Stewart will be gone and Butler may not be of top rotation quality.

All things considered as of now, I'd put Louisville and Notre Dame in the lead.

Cox is better than Brown and Mompremier. She might not start initially, but will most likely start by the end of the year/as early as her sophomore year.

Conn: KLS/Cox... when UConn landed back to back #1 (Charles/Moore, KML/Stewert), they have dominated.
South Carolina, will play 1 year with Coates and 2 years with Wilson.
ND: 1 year with Allen, 2 years with Turner, 3 years with Ogunbowale/Mabrey/Patberg.
Louisville: A Durr/Cox combo will be deadly. Throw in Moore, Hines-Allen, Cole..they can be very good.
Tennessee: 2 years with Deshields and Russell, 3 years with Cooper.

Overall, I hope she doesn't land at UConn.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/16/15 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To try to determine what a teenager is going to do five minutes from now let alone six months from now is indeed futile. I agree with sammieee however that Lauren is far better than either Brown or Mompriemer so their presence won't be an issue when she makes her choice, but then again, teenagers.

PostPosted: 04/19/15 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox is a 4 and could play alongside Russell, also Baylor could go big and play 3 post, but she would still have to sit behind Davis for a year.
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/20/15 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox is not a 4. She will play over Brown and Mompremier. She may consider ND and Louisville if anything else swings but I doubt that's it. No Texas because Holmes lands in Texas.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/20/15 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox is a 4 and might be playing some at the 3 with her AAU team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHMgjYFVPk
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/20/15 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="#Occasionalwnbafan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHMgjYFVPk[/quote]

Looks like a 5 to me. She has range but it looks like she's most comfortable with her back to the basket.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: