RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Crenshaw to take over Georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/13/15 12:09 pm    ::: Crenshaw to take over Georgia Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12675747/joni-crenshaw-succeed-andy-landers-georgia-bulldogs-coach

Howee

PostPosted: 04/13/15 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. I don't know her at all, but I'd think they DO, and apparently have all the trust they need to hand her the keys. I hope she excels!

PostPosted: 04/13/15 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know much about Crenshaw, but Andy Landers doesn't strike me a person who is easy to please or who lavishes praise on people just for the heck of it... so they may be in good shape if he really liked her for the job.

PostPosted: 04/13/15 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Don't know much about Crenshaw, but Andy Landers doesn't strike me a person who is easy to please or who lavishes praise on people just for the heck of it... so they may be in good shape if he really liked her for the job.

Although he probably thinks he was still doing a great job too.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/13/15 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
FS02 wrote:

Although he probably thinks he was still doing a great job too.

I like to kid around about Landers and his Vitalis shined hair as much as anyone, but when it comes to coaching, he is one of the greats. The man took UGA to the tournament 24 times and went to 5 Final Fours. That is just the tip of the resume he leaves behind. Even though his accomplishments alone entitle him to some degree of respect, I respect him even more for knowing when it was time to step down. He could have kicked around Athens another 5 or 6 years and filled his bank account to the tune of $800,000 per year. Instead, he decided that the program needed more energy than he thought he could provide and he stepped aside. It takes a lot of character to do that.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/15 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/041415aaa.html

Quote:
I love karaoke, absolutely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: