RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN getting an early start on the hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/25/15 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I didn't say "no teams." As usual, you're the one making things up and misquoting. Now go troll elsewhere.

You really fit in better on that other board where fiction and personal attacks predominate. Go back and play with Tribble and the others. You can talk about me behind my back some more as I'm told you do with great frequency. Every time you get exposed here you go cry about it to your buddies there. Why does that not surprise me about you. I heard there's a multi-page thread there ripping me and Queenie and this whole board. Pathetic that you and your buddies remain obsessed about someone who hasn't visited the place in well over a year. You fit in so perfectly there. You must find it so incovenient here when I respond to your endless bullshit with actual facts.

And then you have the audacity to call other people trolls. Classic.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/25/15 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I didn't say "no teams." As usual, you're the one making things up and misquoting. Now go troll elsewhere.

You really fit in better on that other board where fiction and personal attacks predominate. Go back and play with Tribble and the others. You can talk about me behind my back some more as I'm told you do with great frequency. Every time you get exposed here you go cry about it to your buddies there. Why does that not surprise me about you. I heard there's a multi-page thread there ripping me and Queenie and this whole board. Pathetic that you and your buddies remain obsessed about someone who hasn't visited the place in well over a year. You fit in so perfectly there. You must find it so incovenient here when I respond to your endless bullshit with actual facts.

I oddly find myself uncomfortable walking out the room as this has gotten very personal lol Go Lady Vols!

PostPosted: 02/26/15 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

And there you are again, making accusations without facts to back them up. I have never done any of those things you accuse me of. "Go back and cry to my friends over there?" In a word, BULLSHIT. As a matter of fact, the ONLY thing I said about you was a backhanded compliment.....I told someone you were actually nicer than he was! On reflection, I may have been wrong after all. And the thread you refer to...ROTFL My, my, my. As usual you have it wrong. Why does that not surprise me about you? Tribble was wailing about being thrown off RebKell because he was "too much of a UConn fan" and basically everyone else was laughing at him. He was the only one who said anything bad about Queenie. I defended this board all the way.

But then, it's always all about YOU, isn't it?

PostPosted: 02/26/15 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Tennessee has a little more than that, link. You are forgetting another post player who has missed most of this season and will most likely apply for a medical hardship (she actually beat Burdick out for the starting job before she got hurt), a couple of pretty talented shooting guards, one of whom can also double at point and the other at wing, a couple of 3-point threats, and we'll have to see what the incoming freshmen bring. It won't be all DD. Not by a long shot.

Very Well Said, People Are Sleeping on this team. Come next year andmost ddefinitely two years from now i wonder what the hiccups will be? The Rise Is Inevitable

UT has never lacked talent. The questions have always been how well will that talent be used, how well will that talent work together, and how well will the coach staff be able to figure out how to counter other teams' talents.

It's one thing to have a team full of talented players. It's another thing to have a talented team.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Tennessee has a little more than that, link. You are forgetting another post player who has missed most of this season and will most likely apply for a medical hardship (she actually beat Burdick out for the starting job before she got hurt), a couple of pretty talented shooting guards, one of whom can also double at point and the other at wing, a couple of 3-point threats, and we'll have to see what the incoming freshmen bring. It won't be all DD. Not by a long shot.

What 3 point threats? Carter's 32%, Reynold's 27%? Or DD's 28%? Or will Nared be starting, and if so, does DD sit?

Once again, Tenn will have lots of talented pieces. But that's been the case for a lot of years now and still no FF's. Now we are to believe that The arrival of DeShields and Cooper and the return of Jones and Russell (& Tucker?) bodes well? That is a lot of talent. Trouble is they basically have zero experience playing together. Those 3 seniors that are leaving have played together for 4 years (and 3 with Graves) and that is why Tenn looked so good this year. Next year may look more like 2009 than 2015. Let's assume that Russell is back to her freshman form or hopefully better. And let's assume that Cooper starts at pg like Massengale did. That means there will be 3 new starters if we assume that Graves and Carter start. That puts all the experience on the bench. Now if Jones is as good as you say, maybe she starts for Graves and now you have 4 starters with almost zero experience together.

It may work out like you think but I've been reading that same Tenn tale for 6 or 7 years now.

I doubt Cooper starts at PG. Reynolds has been starting much of the latter part of this year. Not that you have been paying attention or anything. And there aren't many teams whose 3 point shooters are better than 32% if they have more than one. It's like .300 hitters when you get down to it. Most 3 point shooters are streaky, that's the way of it.

You just like to troll.

You call it trolling. I call it realistic expectations. Massengale plays 28.8 mins/gm entirely at pg. Reynolds 24.5., half of it at the point. You tell me who the point guard is.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reynolds has been starting, Massengale comes off the bench. There are times when both are in the game, and times when there are 3 guards on the floor with Carter in also.

PostPosted: 02/26/15 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Reynolds has been starting, Massengale comes off the bench. There are times when both are in the game, and times when there are 3 guards on the floor with Carter in also.

That's obvious. But when Massengale is in, she is the pg. And the fact that she doesn't start is a minor point. She plays more mins than 4 of the starters, the exception being Carter. It will be interesting to see how many minutes Diamond gets to play with her BFF or if Reynolds plays more.

As far as Jones, you can call her a post but at *6' she's an undersized post who can't shoot. I like the way she plays and she will score on putbacks in close against the weak teams but she will not lead Tenn to a FF.

* http://archive.usab.com/bios/jones_jazmine.html

And if you consider 30% of D1 teams "not many" as to 3 pt shooting% then I have nothing else to say on the subject. LOL

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/26/15 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee will be pretty guard heavy even with Massengale gone. Reynolds, Carter, and Middleton can all play PG, as well as Cooper., who will have to earn her position. Jannah Tucker is a shooting guard and both Dunbar and Nared are either/or at guard/forward. Oh, and Jones is 6'2. That's not so very undersized. She had also beat out Burdick for the starting slot before she got hurt.

Funny, a 30% 3-point shooting percentage is "not very good" per one poster, but 30% of teams shooting more than that is "a lot"? I guess it's all how you look at 30% *shrug*

PostPosted: 02/26/15 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Funny, a 30% 3-point shooting percentage is "not very good" per one poster, but 30% of teams shooting more than that is "a lot"? I guess it's all how you look at 30% *shrug*

The opposite of "not very good" is "very good".
The opposite of "a lot" is "not many".

"Not very good" can apply to "a lot" or "not many" as can "very good".

What you are saying (or trying to say) makes no sense. You're trying to say they are opposites but they are not thus what you are saying (or trying to say) makes no sense.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/26/15 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't want to put a damper on a heated conversation and I don't want to bounce anyone this close to the end of the season. But there's a line, and it has been crossed. Everyone step back on to the other side of the line and stay there please.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

unfortunately i just saw the DD "preview"...puke.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually linkster, if you consider the guard who brings the ball up the court and initially sets up the play as the point guard, then Jordan Reynolds is generally the point guard, even when Massengale is on the floor at the same time. As a matter of fact when Massengale is in and Reynolds is out, then Carter is more likely to be playing the point than Massengale.

I'm not saying Massengale never plays the point, but it is a lot less than you seem to think.

Jim

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/01/15 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This isn't the first time the Lady Vols have had multiple PGs that worked together, either, although I can't remember them having 3 interchangeable ones. Back in the early 2000s, Kara Lawson and April McDivitt split the duties and were frequently on the floor at the same time. Other teams didn't always know who was going to be bringing the ball up and since they didn't manage things the same way, it kept the opponents off balance. It also kept Doris Burke off balance and caused her to utter one of her more silly comments, "Tennessee really needs to decide who their number one point guard is going to be." No they didn't; what they were doing worked just fine for them. This seems to be working fine too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: