RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Southeastern Conference (SEC) coaching salaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrel

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:06 pm    ::: Southeastern Conference (SEC) coaching salaries Reply Reply with quote

The Dallas Morning News follows up its examination of Big 12 coaching salaries by looking at the SEC. Base compensation is listed below.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20150226-sec-women-s-basketball-salaries-how-does-gary-blair-stack-up-with-kristy-curry-dawn-staley-more.ece

Matthew Mitchell, Kentucky, $1.1 million
Gary Blair, Texas A&M, $880,000
Dawn Staley, South Carolina, $875,000
Andy Landers, Georgia, $753,000
Nikki Caldwell, Louisiana State, $700,000
Holly Warlick, Tennessee, $565,000
Terri Williams-Flournoy, Auburn, $549,000
Jimmy Dykes, Arkansas, $450,000
Kristy Curry, Alabama, $412,000
Matt Insell, Mississippi, $400,000
Robin Pingeton, Missouri, $385,000
Amanda Butler, Florida, $381,700
Vic Schaefer, Mississippi State, $275,000++

Note that

a) Vanderbilt is not subject to the Tennessee Open Records Act, so Melanie Balcolm's salary is unlisted
b) Vic Schaefer's salary at Mississippi State is supplemented by the The Bulldog Club, an organization not subject to the Mississippi Public Records Act. Only his base compensation is listed.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warlick's services are being had at a relatively bargain basement price.

I hope they do the ACC and Big 10.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
newkid

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is that they did the Big 12 and the SEC because there are large in-state universities that are members of those conferences. I'm thinking that, without an in-state connections, they won't do the ACC or Big 10. Though I'd love it if they did.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/26/15 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So...if Vic's salary is supplemented (and pretty well I'm guessing), does this mean that Amanda Butler is least compensated coach in the SEC? Man, how far has Florida dropped from the days of Carol Ross...

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/15 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
My guess is that they did the Big 12 and the SEC because there are large in-state universities that are members of those conferences. I'm thinking that, without an in-state connections, they won't do the ACC or Big 10. Though I'd love it if they did.

Well, they should be able to get all the B10 other than NW. (Although I think PSU has argued the Penn public records act doesn't apply to them for some reason, or at least they used to resist releasing Paterno's contract.)

But in the ACC they would miss BC, Wake, Duke, ND, and Miami.

Base salary is pretty misleading basis for comparison though to the extent it ignores TV/radio show money, shoe and uniform contract money, booster club supplements, etc. How the total compensation is divided among those sources varies wildly among schools and even among different sports at the same schools.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: