RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Best coaches under 50
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/16/14 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:
I'm actually not a big fan of McCallie, but she's been successful at three different schools, and I just don't consider making Final Fours a black-and-white criterion of doing a good coaching job.

The fact that McCallie won at Maine (which went into the tank when she left), Michigan State and Duke is not something, I don't believe, that an average coach could have done, and the fact that it's happened three times makes her more than a "fluke," it seems to me.

Her F4 run was a fluke. She's a good coach, but not a great one. She's basically Jim Foster for a new generation.

Jim Foster is a much better coach and does not tear down players or disparage former coaches as McCallie is reported to do.

PostPosted: 12/17/14 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jody Wynn(and Husband Derek Wynn) at Long Beach State.
It has taken her time, she is in her 6th year at the Beach, to get the players and then have them play her system. The Beach are 9-1 this year and are playing some tough D and playing with a ton of confidence, as a "team".

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 12/17/14 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
It has taken her time, she is in her 6th year at the Beach, to get the players and then have them play her system. The Beach are 9-1 this year and are playing some tough D and playing with a ton of confidence, as a "team".

I mean, the Beach beat a dysfunctional Cal, a sub-par LSU, and--oooh, they beat Pepperdine!

They have a nice record, but I'm not really buying into it, unless Cal suddenly plays like they are the team that reached the Final Four two years ago.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/17/14 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jody Adams at Wichita State. I'm impressed so far with how well she's doing with what she gets.

PostPosted: 12/17/14 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

I mean, the Beach beat a dysfunctional Cal, a sub-par LSU, and--oooh, they beat Pepperdine!

They have a nice record, but I'm not really buying into it, unless Cal suddenly plays like they are the team that reached the Final Four two years ago.

I judged it based on what I have seen in improvements over the past few years. You threw out a post with a few recent results listed and some nice adjectives. Being in Philadelphia perhaps you might take some caffeine and stay up late to watch the team play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: