RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaches poll out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/05/14 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Discussing? Not quite. You slam her every chance you get. You are just tone deaf and can't hear yourself. And no, I'm not leaving OR "sticking to my own boards". I have as much right here as you do, which means I have a right to tell you I think you are a broken record on the subject. Now go find someone else to pick at.

You're the one telling other people to "shut up" 'cause you don't like what they say.
Don't like my comments? Why not try articulating an intelligent point and defending it.

Tenn is a major program. It's logical they get discussed a lot. And right now they and their coach deserve a lot more criticism than praise. That's reality. Deal with it.

It's funny how opinions are only "reasoned and intelligent" when they agree with yours. Not just mine, you do the same to others. I'm done with you on this.

PostPosted: 12/05/14 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, I thought it was the AP's policy to release the individual votes weekly for their polls. They do for football and for men's basketball on the AP website for that sport. But I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere for WBB. Are they available? Indeed, as far as I know the AP doesn't have dedicated website for WCBB the way they do for MCBB and FB. If they do, I can't find it. if you go to http://collegebasketball.ap.org/ it's just men's.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/05/14 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

It's funny how opinions are only "reasoned and intelligent" when they agree with yours. Not just mine, you do the same to others. I'm done with you on this.

SummertimeBlues rendition of a "reasoned and intelligent" post:

summertime blues wrote:

We get it, Art. You don't like Holly. Well, you can shut up now. We get it.

I certainly hope you're "done with" me. I really do. That would make me very happy. Unfortunately I know better than to believe that I won't see more of the same.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/06/14 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:
It's sad, really, to see any of the great powers in women's basketball go down, as I think the sport needs identifiable teams for fans to relate to (in terms of seeing results and thinking "Oh, that's a surprise"). But it does appear that Tennessee is sliding slowly back to the pack, and if so, Warlick has to take the blame.

IMO yes and no. Part of what is happening is called parity and I think that is a good thing for our sport. A team like UConn always has a top 5 recruit and even they are not as strong this year as in years past. If there are 10-15 'top' teams I don't think that is a bad thing. It just seems to be going that way, Warlick or not.

I'd agree. Holly is in the unique position of following her own legendary coach into a legendary program; I can't imagine the pressure she must feel to keep TN in the forefront AND do honor to Pat's legacy. Does she even have her own identity as a coach? I don't see much of one--certainly not one that distinguishes her from other alums that have gone back to coach at their alma maters.

I believe she could make it there....IFF she adopts a whole new vision of her own, and brings the program along with her. And for all I know, she's headed there (I don't watch TN that closely), but if she can't get it done, I hope she has the integrity to move along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: