RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

25 years ago today...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/03/14 2:30 pm    ::: 25 years ago today... Reply Reply with quote

ND was hosting defending NC Tennessee. The ND band director decided to try to have a pep band for it and put out a sign up sheet. Only 4-5 people (including me) signed it, so the director canceled it. However, one of the trumpet players organized an unofficial band, including those who had signed up. We just showed up and played.

UT had a lot more talent than ND and the Irish lost 77-54, but considering that, I felt that the ND team had played really hard and was impressed. I decided to start following the team.

So today is the 25th anniversary of me becoming a fan of ND Women's Basketball.

beknighted

PostPosted: 12/03/14 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very cool.

Phil

PostPosted: 12/03/14 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ditto

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/03/14 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Very* cool.

PostPosted: 12/03/14 10:50 pm    ::: Re: 25 years ago today... Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:

A fine example of how perseverance and dedication as a fan pays dividends: ND has become a great program in which you may take great pride.

PostPosted: 12/03/14 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for you....

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/04/14 11:37 pm    ::: Re: 25 years ago today... Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ND was hosting defending NC Tennessee. The ND band director decided to try to have a pep band for it and put out a sign up sheet. Only 4-5 people (including me) signed it, so the director canceled it. However, one of the trumpet players organized an unofficial band, including those who had signed up. We just showed up and played.

UT had a lot more talent than ND and the Irish lost 77-54, but considering that, I felt that the ND team had played really hard and was impressed. I decided to start following the team.

Of course you played the trumpet.....you've been a blowhard on these boards for years Smile Just kidding Biebel, great story and Happy Anniversary!

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/05/14 3:55 am    ::: Re: 25 years ago today... Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

Of course you played the trumpet.....you've been a blowhard on these boards for years Smile Just kidding Biebel, great story and Happy Anniversary!

Actually, I played Clarinet. The trumpet was the guy who organized the unofficial band (I think he was friends with one of the players). Wink

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/05/14 11:08 am    ::: Re: 25 years ago today... Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

what bart said!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: