RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Toledo over Virginia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowboxer

PostPosted: 11/28/14 11:17 pm    ::: Toledo over Virginia Reply Reply with quote

Toledo may be visiting the NCAA Tourney earlier than some thought. After beating the Bonnies and now taking down Virginia 64-62 on neutral floor, Toledo may be on it's way to the NCAA.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:12 am    ::: Re: Toledo over Virginia Reply Reply with quote

shadowboxer wrote:
Toledo may be visiting the NCAA Tourney earlier than some thought. After beating the Bonnies and now taking down Virginia 64-62 on neutral floor, Toledo may be on it's way to the NCAA.

I suspect that UVA is, as usual, overrated.

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VA were 4-0 coming into tonight's game. It was a morale booster we needed for almost an* all freshmen and sophomore team who had just lost to Purdue. And it wasn't a fluke game, because the skill set is there for this team, and will emerge consistently with time/experience.

No knock on Virginia-sounds like their coming back from yrs of mediocracy. Wish them the best.

The * was in reference to senior A.Zanguerra who was spectacular today as was jr Ana Capoposta, in their leadership and treys. No other upperclassmen than an injured senior out for the season.

Last edited by shadowboxer on 11/29/14 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw that....I wasn't certain if it deserved mention in the "Head Scratcher" thread, but maybe it's no puzzler at all: Toledo's movin' on up! Cool

PostPosted: 11/29/14 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shadowboxer wrote:
VA were 4-0 coming into tonight's game. It was a morale booster we needed for almost an* all freshmen and sophomore team who had just lost to Purdue. And it wasn't a fluke game, because the skill set is there for this team, and will emerge consistently with time/experience.

No knock on Virginia-sounds like their coming back from yrs of mediocracy. Wish them the best.

The * was in reference to senior A.Zanguerra who was spectacular today as was jr Ana Capoposta, in their leadership and treys. No other upperclassmen then an injured senior out for the season.

Brenae Harris is also an upperclassman.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 11/29/14 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My bad, you are correct, mzone fan. She played a year at Michigan, then transferred and sat out last yr at Toledo. She has been an effective player, too, just wanted to play more hours she felt she would get at Toledo.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/29/14 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She played two at U-M, and I'm glad to see she's doing well at U-T. I see she's getting 30 mpg.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 11/29/14 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering just how B A D Toledo looked at Purdue, this is a head scratcher.

PostPosted: 11/29/14 10:27 am    ::: Re: Toledo over Virginia Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

I suspect that UVA is, as usual, overrated.

As are the Lady Vols. You have all the pieces. You need a coach who can put them together in some working order. Suspending 4 players this early in the season stinks of Warlick's desperation to hold on to the team. She's gone in 2 years!

PostPosted: 11/29/14 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Considering just how B A D Toledo looked at Purdue, this is a head scratcher.

Think something finally must have clicked after their defeat of the Bonnies. And Inma was in there playing sergeant, barking critiques like "where was the boxout"-- Tricia's extension on the floor. And there is nothing like that good butte kicking w/Purdue to pull up muscle memory as well as hanging your head during film breakdown.

But am sure they realize that was just 3 games and they have Dayton next, and rest of season to still have successes and major screw ups, also. I expect a healthy mix of both.

Nice to hear from you, BSt84.

ball4life

PostPosted: 12/01/14 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not overrated at UVA is not rated as a level 1 team. They are a mid level team in a power conference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: