RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UT-Chattanooga 67, Tennessee Lady Vols 63

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/27/14 10:10 am    ::: UT-Chattanooga 67, Tennessee Lady Vols 63 Reply Reply with quote

I was very surprised to see that no one was talking about this result from last night. Not only was the final outcome shocking to me, but the fact that they were down by 16 (37-21) at the half blew me away.

Did anybody see this game?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/27/14 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess you haven't figured out we have game threads.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=82437

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/27/14 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I guess you haven't figured out how to respond to anyone in a manner other than being a snide smartass.

Seems as though on this "general discussion" boards, games are broken down and talked about here quite often...I mean, how many threads are going about UConn/Stanford? I didn't realize it was forbidden over here. My bad.

But hey, Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 11/27/14 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Shades wrote:

I guess you haven't figured out how to respond to anyone in a manner other than being a snide smartass.

Seems as though on this "general discussion" boards, games are broken down and talked about here quite often...I mean, how many threads are going about UConn/Stanford? I didn't realize it was forbidden over here. My bad.

I've seen a lot of good discussions cut short by two or three snipers hanging out here on RK. That's unfortunate given the wide range or fans and information to share. Notice there are a LOT more views than there are commenters. So, hang in there and don't let the "turkeys" get you down.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/27/14 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't see the game but it seems like Tennessee couldn't find anyone that wanted to play help defense or who could hit an open shot. UTC regularly beat the one-on-one perimeter defense and found open lanes to the basket Particularly true in the first half. In the second half The lady Vols overcame the 17 point deficit and tied the game on several occasions thanks to 19 points from Jasmine Jones. Tennessee players like Cierra Burdick, and Bashara Graves were not especially productive and it sounds like Warlick didn't play Nia Moore much even though she has had some recent success. Not a focused effort by Tennessee on either side of the ball bot the Mocs deserve credit for being dialed in.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/27/14 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Didn't see the game but it seems like Tennessee couldn't find anyone that wanted to play help defense or who could hit an open shot. UTC regularly beat the one-on-one perimeter defense and found open lanes to the basket Particularly true in the first half. In the second half The lady Vols overcame the 17 point deficit and tied the game on several occasions thanks to 19 points from Jasmine Jones. Tennessee players like Cierra Burdick, and Bashara Graves were not especially productive and it sounds like Warlick didn't play Nia Moore much even though she has had some recent success. Not a focused effort by Tennessee on either side of the ball bot the Mocs deserve credit for being dialed in.

I wonder why the lack of focus...looking ahead to the holiday? Overconfidence?

Jim Foster getting it done. Good for him.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/27/14 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Shades wrote:

I thought I was being genuinely helpful by pointing you to discussion on the game, since evidence was heavy you didn't know about the game threads. You were surprised no one was discussing the game and was wondering if anyone had even seen it, plus the fact you have zero posts in the game threads.

I guess I could have stated it in a more warm and fuzzy manner, but I tend not to be warm & fuzzy to people who aren't all that warm & fuzzy. Would "Is this a real question?" have been better?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/27/14 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
larmarch5

PostPosted: 11/27/14 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fox Sports 1 is carrying TN @ TX Sunday 6:30 ET

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/27/14 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did see the entire, painful game, and NoDakSt pretty much hit the nail on the head. The team came out flat, the half-court defense was terrible, particularly at stopping the dribble drive, and Jones was the only one who could throw it in the ocean. Besides that, no one on the team seems to understand the concept of boxing out and UTC actually led in rebounds by fairly wide margins at various points in the game. The poor rebounding shut down the running game and the half court offense was completely stagnant.

To a long-time Tenn fan, this whole performance was very depressing because this team had exactly the same issues last night that they've had for the past 4 or 5 years.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/27/14 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not trying to make an excuse here but Tenn is, after all, missing Izzi. They still 'should' be able to take care of business against a Chattanooga but they also do definitely miss Izzi, especially since they decided to redshirt their other big.

Chat. seemed to score on layups repeatedly which does not speak well for DEFENSE either.

- Amanda Gorman
beknighted

PostPosted: 11/27/14 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was interesting when Foster took the UTC job. Obviously he's making progress. Even if it was a bad game for the Lady Vols, it took a good game by UTC.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/27/14 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Not trying to make an excuse here but Tenn is, after all, missing Izzi. They still 'should' be able to take care of business against a Chattanooga but they also do definitely miss Izzi, especially since they decided to redshirt their other big.

Chat. seemed to score on layups repeatedly which does not speak well for DEFENSE either.

They still had Graves, Burdick and Moore on the front line. Three highly recruited, highly regarded veteran bigs. Yeah, Harrison is the best of the bunch, but there's no way they should have lost this game. They were still immensely bigger; UTC's forwards are under 6'0" I believe. And Tenn has an army of guards.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It really is enough to make one give up on the ladyvols. I deal enough with heart break as a Sky fan. Totally tired of seeing teams un straight at them unfettered to the basket. Coaching should realize that early defensive pressure is a high risk approach. Couple of confident ball handlers and the TN defense falls apart; you need to have sound defensive principles at the core of their defense.

Don't they try this every year? Gonna run and trap and create turnovers. By Xmas that is gone because everybody else after the first couple bottom dwellers can handle the pressure. New season same tired results. Oh well, Go Sky!

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/01/14 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought there was a rule about posting results in thread titles, has that changed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: