RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kelly Graves boots his leading scorer...permanently
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/13/14 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you know, it's quite possible that no one's a jerk ...

Maybe a player made some youthful mistakes, and maybe a coach needed to take a stand. Maybe the player learns and maybe the coach does too.

I haven't talked to Kelly Graves in some time, but when we did, he was pleased with Rowe and acknowledged her as one of his most talented players. Obviously, things went south, but who can say why? I don't think he came into Oregon planning to run off one of his best players, and I don't think she planned to test the system to see how far she could go before getting thrown off the team.

Things happen, and sometimes people are jerks. But it's like when you have friends who are husband and wife, and they get divorced -- are you 100% sure that one was the problem and the other was completely innocent?

PostPosted: 11/13/14 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
And you know, it's quite possible that no one's a jerk ...

Yeah, I was thinking this too. Nobody knows for sure who - if anyone - was the jerk, or if just stuff happened amid irreconcilable differences. But it's still disappointing.

- Amanda Gorman
dfineguy

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Things happen, and sometimes people are jerks. But it's like when you have friends who are husband and wife, and they get divorced -- are you 100% sure that one was the problem and the other was completely innocent?

The wife is always the problem and the guy is always 100% innocent. Anybody can see that. Twisted Evil

For me, it's the quantity of troubles he brought and, perhaps, that I thought his coming to DuckLand was wonderful. Always good to see a little controversy and how people point fingers at others here. A little tedious though.

PostPosted: 11/14/14 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dfineguy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

The wife is always the problem and the guy is always 100% innocent. Anybody can see that. Twisted Evil

For me, it's the quantity of troubles he brought and, perhaps, that I thought his coming to DuckLand was wonderful. Always good to see a little controversy and how people point fingers at others here. A little tedious though.

So all of a sudden you're the innocent one, after all the vitriol? How convenient!

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
dfineguy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

So all of a sudden you're the innocent one, after all the vitriol? How convenient!

Innocent as the driven snow! And by the way, I drink Whiskey. I leave the Vitriol to the wimmenfolk. Figgered it out yet?

PostPosted: 11/15/14 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am going to say that after watching the Oregon webcast against Utah State, I owe Kelly Graves an apology. I think I failed to understand, the subtlety of the changes he was going to have to make quickly to be competitive this year.

And, to the posters here, I will say this. At the time I saw the dripping sarcasm as hiliarious and good fun all around. Re-reading a day later, it's still funny, but some may not appreciate the later comments as the parodies they were intended to be. A bit over the top and I'm sorry 'bout that.

And the the others who are still PO'd....LIGHTEN UP!!! The season has started!

PostPosted: 11/15/14 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dfineguy wrote:
I am going to say that after watching the Oregon webcast against Utah State, I owe Kelly Graves an apology. I think I failed to understand, the subtlety of the changes he was going to have to make quickly to be competitive this year.

And, to the posters here, I will say this. At the time I saw the dripping sarcasm as hiliarious and good fun all around. Re-reading a day later, it's still funny, but some may not appreciate the later comments as the parodies they were intended to be. A bit over the top and I'm sorry 'bout that.

And the the others who are still PO'd....LIGHTEN UP!!! The season has started!

'Twarn't funny, McGee. That's all I'll say. It did not come across as sarcasm, but as plain mean-spiritedness. You would do well to remember that sarcasm and irony do not translate well in this medium.

PostPosted: 11/16/14 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

'Twarn't funny, McGee. That's all I'll say. It did not come across as sarcasm, but as plain mean-spiritedness. You would do well to remember that sarcasm and irony do not translate well in this medium.

Now I remember what provoked me to such lengths of sarcasm. It would do you well to remember that what was Vol-unteered for was the taking of human lives for the preservation of slavery and the denial of basic human rights to others. You will probably think this comment "twarn't funny" either. Good call. It wasn't meant to be.

PostPosted: 11/19/14 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Ms Rowe is going to Kentucky.

Bret McCormick @ASGR1995 5h 5 hours ago
HC Matthew Mitchell Kentucky scores Oregon transfer. Crishae Rowe 5-10 G Corona CA was leading scorer for the Ducks. Eligible December 2015.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/19/14 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

HC Matthew Mitchell Kentucky scores Oregon transfer. Crishae Rowe 5-10 G Corona CA was leading scorer for the Ducks. Eligible December 2015.

So how exactly does someone who can't even spell defense fit in at Ky?

~UK~

PostPosted: 11/20/14 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

So how exactly does someone who can't even spell defense fit in at Ky?

She may be tutored on the bench until she learns to spell Wink

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 11/20/14 10:58 am    ::: The Word Reply Reply with quote

Take it or leave it.

She didn't go to class, was not willing to buy into any new ideas ie defense, bad attitude, ie "all about her", hurt team chemistry!

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/14 1:17 pm    ::: Re: The Word Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Take it or leave it.

She didn't go to class, was not willing to buy into any new ideas ie defense, bad attitude, ie "all about her", hurt team chemistry!

REALLY!? I mean, you *know* this to be true? IF it is true, then it's an obvious no-brainer, but I can't imagine that info has been published anywhere.

PostPosted: 11/20/14 2:44 pm    ::: As I said Reply Reply with quote

You can take it or leave it. Everyone has sources I would not have posted it if I didn't give it merit but I have no dog in this fight so you can take it or ignore it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/20/14 3:03 pm    ::: Re: As I said Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
You can take it or leave it. Everyone has sources I would not have posted it if I didn't give it merit but I have no dog in this fight so you can take it or ignore it.

Without sources it's nothing but gossip at best and mean-spirited trash talk at worst.

PostPosted: 11/20/14 3:45 pm    ::: Silly Reply Reply with quote

This is a message board not the CIA. If you don't like it don't read but if you think that you are getting anything but message board answers then I feel sorry that you don't follow your credo on the bottom of your posts.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/14 7:18 pm    ::: Re: Silly Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
This is a message board not the CIA. If you don't like it don't read but if you think that you are getting anything but message board answers then I feel sorry that you don't follow your credo on the bottom of your posts.

Sorry junkie, but Rebkell's has some standards, and if you prove to repeatedly be a gossip-monger with no sources to back you up, you'll be ignored faster than a whore in church. [/code]

PostPosted: 11/20/14 7:52 pm    ::: Like Myrtle Reply Reply with quote

[quote="myrtle"]Presumably she didn't like to play defense...or maybe to share the ball. I have to say though that she chose to go there with a specific system in mind. It's not easy for some people to make that big of a mindset switch. I kind of feel like athletes in this position should be able to switch schools without penalty or somehow with less penalty. The team will miss her athleticism at the least.[/quote]

You mean like Myrtle or do you think she is your buddy and maybe I ruffled feathers by not agreeing with someone, looking forward to you eating crow on this one.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/21/14 10:14 am    ::: Re: Silly Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Sorry junkie, but Rebkell's has some standards, and if you prove to repeatedly be a gossip-monger with no sources to back you up, you'll be ignored faster than a whore in church. [/code]

I never asked you to out anyone, but you need to back up an egregious statement like the one you made. Going off on someone who calls you on it doesn't win friends or influence others either.

It could be that Rowe and Graves just weren't a good fit personality-wise and she may do better under Mitchell's system. Let's wait and see how it goes before you start ordering up servings of crow for other people.

PostPosted: 11/23/14 3:45 pm    ::: huh Reply Reply with quote

The fact that anyone is surprised by this is the shocker. Anyone on the club circuit knows there were issues with this player. Did anyone other than Paul offer her? She was a selfish high school player at Santiago who played no defense. She was yanked on her West Coast Premiere team for not playing defense and always going one on one. Nothing new here, Paul just let his players do what they wanted.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 01/18/15 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chrishae Rowe Transfers to UKentucky Women's Basketball Team

http://www.lex18.com/story/27803942/chrishae-rowe-transfers-to-uk-womens-basketball-team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: