RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

When next cycle of Final Four locations announced?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFL1

PostPosted: 11/16/14 3:38 pm    ::: When next cycle of Final Four locations announced? Reply Reply with quote

I had heard somewhere that it would be announced in November... and hope they don't join with the men's location/weekend... but still can't wait to hear where we'll be going!

Nancy

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/16/14 3:50 pm    ::: Re: When next cycle of Final Four locations announced? Reply Reply with quote

NFL1 wrote:
I had heard somewhere that it would be announced in November... and hope they don't join with the men's location/weekend... but still can't wait to hear where we'll be going!

Nancy

I believe I read they are being announced at halftime of the Kentucky/Baylor game tomorrow night.

Phil

PostPosted: 11/16/14 4:28 pm    ::: Re: When next cycle of Final Four locations announced? Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
NFL1 wrote:

Nancy

I believe I read they are being announced at halftime of the Kentucky/Baylor game tomorrow night.

Yes, I heard the same thing. I won't be surprised if Nashville is on the list.

NFL1

PostPosted: 11/17/14 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks everyone - I hope we get to go WEST this cycle!

NFL1

PostPosted: 11/17/14 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 - Dallas
2018 - Columbus, OH (really?)
2019 - Tampa - double REALLY again? Wish it WAS Nashville again.
2020 - New Orleans (first 4 time city...I don't mind)

beknighted

PostPosted: 11/17/14 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NFL1 wrote:
2017 - Dallas
2018 - Columbus, OH (really?)
2019 - Tampa - double REALLY again? Wish it WAS Nashville again.
2020 - New Orleans (first 4 time city...I don't mind)

Dallas. Oh, joy. I can only hope the Rangers will be in town so I can at least get to a baseball stadium I haven't seen.

I haven't been to Columbus in something like 30 years, so it might be nice to see it again (and it's theoretically drivable from where I live).

Tampa. Meh.

New Orleans, well, that's fine. Totally fine.

btharner

PostPosted: 11/17/14 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas should have hosted long already. I thought it would be either Columbus or Pittsburgh, but not both and Columbus has a better pedigree with the women's game. I don't understand the infatuation with Tampa and New Orleans. That and I do not like the quick returns in the WFF, given the pool of cities capable of hosting it is so much larger than the men's.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 11/17/14 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh...there is a West Coast in this country isn't there?

beknighted

PostPosted: 11/18/14 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

btharner wrote:
Dallas should have hosted long already. I thought it would be either Columbus or Pittsburgh, but not both and Columbus has a better pedigree with the women's game. I don't understand the infatuation with Tampa and New Orleans. That and I do not like the quick returns in the WFF, given the pool of cities capable of hosting it is so much larger than the men's.

Have you been to New Orleans?

Phil

PostPosted: 11/18/14 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some surprises.
Columbus not a surprise, they had out in a bid earlier, and it was reportedly a very good bid, so not surprised they made it this round.
Nashville was a surprise. All reports I have heard ranged form positive to enthusiastic, so I thought they would be a shoo-in. That said, while I enjoyed my visit to Nashville, buy the last day, I felt like I had seen everything I wanted to see, so I was in the odd position of thoroughly enjoying my stay, but not enthusiastic for a repeat. However, that's a personal observation, I'm quite sure the NCAA is making decisions based upon my preferences.
When thinking about Dallas, I realized I have some misconceptions about NCAA locations as well as city sizes.
I thought the NCAA tended to avoid the very largest cities, such as NY and Chicago. I knew they were in LA twice, but I wrote that off as an anomaly. I'm now rethinking. I still think that NY is an issue because of hotel costs, but I'm not longer thinking they have a rule against large cities. I hadn't realized that Philadelphia was so large. Before looking it up, I would not have guessed it was so much larger than Dallas. I think of Philadelphia as a cute city, more know for its historical significance than its size, and was surprised to see it is the fifth largest US city.
I also would not have guess that Columbus is bigger than Detroit, Seattle, Denver, Boston or Nashville (well,.maybe Nashville).

Tampa also surprised me, not that they would be under consideration, but so soon.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/18/14 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know which cities submitted bids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: