RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hoover will rely on Hamby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ballch87

PostPosted: 11/12/14 10:58 pm    ::: Hoover will rely on Hamby Reply Reply with quote

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/hoover-will-rely-on-hamby-to-help-wfu-women-reach/article_70f35299-c40b-5889-a306-91e3264f2c58.html

I'm betting money that she gets them to the tourney this year.Call me crazy I'm sure she is aware that she doesn't garner the attention she deserves.Will be out to prove a lot of people wrong. Go Hamby!

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 11/13/14 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby is terrific. I have watched her multiple times. The rest of the cast I am not convinced. Will be a nice surprise if they can finish .500 or better in a tough league.

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/13/14 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:
Hamby is terrific. I have watched her multiple times. The rest of the cast I am not convinced. Will be a nice surprise if they can finish .500 or better in a tough league.

Wake seemed pretty young last year… started 2-3 frosh. I don't think league will be as tough this year. Besides ND, will there will just be a dominate team? We'll see though.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 11/13/14 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC, Duke, Louisville are very talented. Also FSU, UVA, Georgia Tech, Syracuse all strike me as having better lineups than Wake. The great thing is we'll find out. Would be fun if Wake does well.

Chelsea Douglas was a fun player to watch. Some games, she would be quiet, but others she would erupt for monster performances.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 11/14/14 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see Hamby getting attention. For me, she was the most improved player last year. I think she would have gotten more national attention if she played on a historically stronger WBB program than Wake.

I'd love to see Wake make the NCAA tourney, and I think Hoover is a good coach, but it'll be a challenge.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 11/14/14 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:

How is freshman guard Amber Campbell doing ? Most considered her the second best player in South Carolina after A'ja Wilson .

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:
UNC, Duke, Louisville are very talented. Also FSU, UVA, Georgia Tech, Syracuse all strike me as having better lineups than Wake. The great thing is we'll find out. Would be fun if Wake does well.

I agree with the possible exception of UVA. They remain an enigma. Will they underperform again this year? I'm starting to think they have a coaching issue.

Miami is another team likely better than Wake. And NC St is a virtual unknown, but I like their coaching.

Hamby is really good; unfortunately it's a team game.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate, sorry.

pwhite66

PostPosted: 11/15/14 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know why Hamby didn't play in today's opener against Longwood?

pwhite66

PostPosted: 11/15/14 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind. Her absence was "explained" as a "coach's decision" as per the Winston-Salem Journal.

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pwhite66 wrote:
Anyone know why Hamby didn't play in today's opener against Longwood?

Read on Longwood's page that it was due to injury. Probably something nagging…. Sure it's not anything to serious said shell be back Tuesday!

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

loneycafe wrote:
Glad to see Hamby getting attention. For me, she was the most improved player last year. I think she would have gotten more national attention if she played on a historically stronger WBB program than Wake.

I'd love to see Wake make the NCAA tourney, and I think Hoover is a good coach, but it'll be a challenge.

Agree , not only improved… i think the best. People will be watching more so hopefully they can get some W's. If they make tournament, does she go top 3?

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
LegoMyEggo wrote:

How is freshman guard Amber Campbell doing ? Most considered her the second best player in South Carolina after A'ja Wilson .

Said she scored 13 points off 2-15. Ouch. Grabbed 7 boards. If she shoots a high percentage could be good for Wake this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: