RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stinks that great WCBB games don't get televised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 11:40 am    ::: Stinks that great WCBB games don't get televised Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M at DePaul is being played tonight. A GREAT opening night matchup. As far as I can tell, there is no TV coverage. What a shame.

Fox, which I think owns BE TV rights, has NASCAR on FS1, and a meaningless Lehigh at Villanova men's game on FS2.

There appear to be far more WCBB games on TV this year, but there is still a looooooong way to go.

Does anyone know of any streaming internet coverage of this game?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got this in an email from NCAA.com:

Quote:

The wait is over! The 2014-15 Division I women's basketball season starts today. Stay connected to the top stories, news and championship information from the regular season, conference play and all the way through the championship.

Tune in to these nationally televised games as each team vies for the ultimate title...NCAA Champions! Mark your calendar and enjoy all the #ncaaW action!

DATE TIME (ET) MATCH-UP NETWORK

November 14 10 PM Connecticut vs. UC Davis ESPN3

November 17 7 PM Baylor vs. Kentucky ESPN2

November 17 9 PM Connecticut vs. Stanford ESPN2

November 19 7 PM Notre Dame vs. Michigan State Big Ten Network

November 23 4 PM Texas vs. UCLA Pac-12 Network

November 28 4 PM Nebraska vs. UCLA Pac-12 Network

November 30 1 PM Duke vs. Texas A&M SEC Network

November 30 6:30 PM Tennessee vs. Texas Fox Sports 1

December 3 7:30 PM Duke vs. Nebraska Big Ten Network

December 4 7 PM North Carolina vs. Rutgers Big Ten Network

December 6 3:15 PM Connecticut vs. Notre Dame ESPN

December 7 1 PM South Carolina vs. Duke ESPN2

December 10 9 PM Notre Dame vs. DePaul Fox Sports 2

December 11 8 PM Iowa State vs. Iowa Big Ten Network

December 14 3 PM Tennessee vs. Rutgers ESPN2

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Got this in an email from NCAA.com:

Quote:

The wait is over! The 2014-15 Division I women's basketball season starts today. Stay connected to the top stories, news and championship information from the regular season, conference play and all the way through the championship.

Tune in to these nationally televised games as each team vies for the ultimate title...NCAA Champions! Mark your calendar and enjoy all the #ncaaW action!

DATE TIME (ET) MATCH-UP NETWORK

November 14 10 PM Connecticut vs. UC Davis ESPN3

November 17 7 PM Baylor vs. Kentucky ESPN2

November 17 9 PM Connecticut vs. Stanford ESPN2

November 19 7 PM Notre Dame vs. Michigan State Big Ten Network

November 23 4 PM Texas vs. UCLA Pac-12 Network

November 28 4 PM Nebraska vs. UCLA Pac-12 Network

November 30 1 PM Duke vs. Texas A&M SEC Network

November 30 6:30 PM Tennessee vs. Texas Fox Sports 1

December 3 7:30 PM Duke vs. Nebraska Big Ten Network

December 4 7 PM North Carolina vs. Rutgers Big Ten Network

December 6 3:15 PM Connecticut vs. Notre Dame ESPN

December 7 1 PM South Carolina vs. Duke ESPN2

December 10 9 PM Notre Dame vs. DePaul Fox Sports 2

December 11 8 PM Iowa State vs. Iowa Big Ten Network

December 14 3 PM Tennessee vs. Rutgers ESPN2

There are actually more games even than that on.

But no aTm at DePaul evidently.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/14 1:19 pm    ::: Re: Stinks that great WCBB games don't get televised Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Texas A&M at DePaul is being played tonight. A GREAT opening night matchup. As far as I can tell, there is no TV coverage.

It says BE digital network...but yeah, I was hoping this one would be on tv.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 1:40 pm    ::: Re: Stinks that great WCBB games don't get televised Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Texas A&M at DePaul is being played tonight. A GREAT opening night matchup. As far as I can tell, there is no TV coverage.

It says BE digital network...but yeah, I was hoping this one would be on tv.

Thanks. If you install the Fox Sports Go app on your tablet, it looks like the game is on for free. I don't know if this is another "participating provider" deal or not, and if so, if my DirecTV gets me access. Guess I'll find out tonight. There's also an SJU game listed on the 20th by the way.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/14/14 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure all the preseason WNIT games are on ESPN3. Mercer has been promoting the chance to see the Teddy Bears at Mississippi St tonight on that platform.

PostPosted: 11/14/14 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I'm pretty sure all the preseason WNIT games are on ESPN3. Mercer has been promoting the chance to see the Teddy Bears at Mississippi St tonight on that platform.

According to the ESPN schedule, the Mercer - Miss St game is on SECN+, not ESPN3. SECN+ is also available on the WatchESPN app, but is available to fewer people than ESPN3. ESPN3 access is based on your ISP, so I get it through Verizon. SECN+ is like the rest of the WatchESPN channels in that access is based on your cable company, so I don't get it through DirecTV.

Here's what I see listed for ESPN3 tonight:

5:00 PM EST Siena vs. Buffalo (W Basketball)

5:30 PM EST Bethune-Cookman vs. Stetson (W Basketball)

6:00 PM EST Charlotte vs. Liberty (W Basketball)

6:00 PM EST Illinois State vs. Northern Illinois (W Basketball)

7:00 PM EST College of Charleston vs. Kennesaw State (W Basketball)

7:00 PM EST UAB vs. Florida State (W Basketball)

7:00 PM EST Toledo vs. Cleveland State (W Basketball)

7:00 PM EST George Washington vs. Florida Gulf Coast (W Basketball)

8:00 PM EST Bradley vs. Illinois-Chicago (W Basketball)

10:00 PM EST #1 Connecticut vs. UC Davis (W Basketball)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see one more money grubbing zinger this year.

IIRC last year you could watch lots of basketball games on BTN2Go as long as you had a participating provider that provided you access.

This year it looks like all basketball games (M&W) are locked out of standard BTN2Go and are only available if you pay $120 for a Plus subscription.

Squeeze every dime you can out of fans, Delaney. I guess you'd prefer that hardly anyone watches your teams play.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 11/14/14 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Mercer vs Mississippi State is listed on WatchESPN as SEC Network+ . Time-Warner and Direct TV customers are not authorized to watch .

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, tonight's game between Notre Dame and UMass Lowell at 6PM (and all home games not otherwise broadcast on TV) is available on http://watchnd.tv and on the WatchND app.

And they are all FREE.

Take a hint, Delany.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 11/14/14 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A Cal fan posted a comprehensive list of where to watch all the Pac 12 games this weekend here: http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?88267-Free-Video-for-Pac-12-WBB-Opening-Weekend (thanks to WayneBear) Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/14 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I finally found a game listed on my DISH system today at 8 Eastern on the Fox alternate channels - Washington at Oklahoma.

This is the time of year it always pisses me off that ESPN thinks everyone has access to ESPN3. grrr. Twisted Evil

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I finally found a game listed on my DISH system today at 8 Eastern on the Fox alternate channels - Washington at Oklahoma.

This is the time of year it always pisses me off that ESPN thinks everyone has access to ESPN3. grrr. Twisted Evil

No, they know not everyone does. They want those who don't to call and scream at their cable/satellite company to pay ESPN to provide access.
They put good games on ESPN3 on purpose to create demand.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 11/14/14 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Why don't you have access to ESPN3 ? Dish is an authorized provider for SEC Network and SEC Network+ on WatchESPN . I assumed you could also get ESPN3 . Do you live outside the United States ? Or just don't have the internet speed for streaming ?

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 11/14/14 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

No, they know not everyone does. They want those who don't to call and scream at their cable/satellite company to pay ESPN to provide access.

Art, I will be at the game and can give you live updates! Lol!! Or you can download the FoxSports app and watch it live.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/14 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Art, I will be at the game and can give you live updates! Lol!! Or you can download the FoxSports app and watch it live.

I think I'll need the live updates. Looks like DirecTV (and several large cable companies) don't provide FoxSportsGo access.

Good luck to DePaul.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/14 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
BTW, tonight's game between Notre Dame and UMass Lowell at 6PM (and all home games not otherwise broadcast on TV) is available on http://watchnd.tv and on the WatchND app.

And they are all FREE.

Take a hint, Delany.

Will be interesting to see how many people are there. I'm not going and neither are five of my friends that go. A co-worker and his family aren't going (they have obligations to high school football).

There is a football pep session that starts at 5:45 in the Compton Center (300 yards from the Joyce and sharing parking lots), so parking will be a mess. There is a men's bball game after the women are done, so leaving will be a mess. Add in that SB had a foot of snow yesterday and really wasn't ready for it (trucks were outfitted for picking up leaves).

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/14 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Why don't you have access to ESPN3 ? Dish is an authorized provider for SEC Network and SEC Network+ on WatchESPN . I assumed you could also get ESPN3 . Do you live outside the United States ? Or just don't have the internet speed for streaming ?

thanks for saying that. Last year DISH was not on the list when I went to ESPN3 - but this year they are! Very Happy Of course DISH limits how much I can download, but at least this way I can get some peeks into games that I'm really interested in...

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/14/14 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
pilight wrote:

Mercer vs Mississippi State is listed on WatchESPN as SEC Network+ . Time-Warner and Direct TV customers are not authorized to watch .

Add Cablevision to the excluded list. Evil or Very Mad

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: