RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ohio State 2014-2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marty

PostPosted: 11/01/14 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw on BTN that Chelsea Mitchell will miss the season with a knee injury.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/02/14 11:11 am    ::: Re: Ohio State 2014-2015 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ohio State women's basketball: Raven Ferguson dismissed from team

Quote:
Ferguson, an Africentric graduate, had been expected to be a key player for the Buckeyes this season. She averaged 10.8 points a game last season.

"I've enjoyed having the opportunity to coach Raven this past year, McGuff said. And it's unfortunate that we're at this point, but due to a violation of team rules she can no longer be a part of our program. I wish her nothing but success as she moves forward as a basketball player and as a person."

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/10/02/1002-ohio-state-womens-basketball.html

At Duke the "announcement" is made by simply removing the player from the roster and in the senior festivities pretending that all FOUR players are being honored. The fifth player that came in as a freshman was just no longer there. By the way, she DID graduate from the university. To this day, the program has made no statement about Chloe Wells being removed from the team. Y'all are lucky to get a "violation of team rules" and announcement. At Duke, we're sitting and scratching our heads at the alternate universe that exists here.

~rAf
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/02/14 2:06 pm    ::: Re: Ohio State 2014-2015 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ohio State women's basketball: Raven Ferguson dismissed from team

Quote:
Ferguson, an Africentric graduate, had been expected to be a key player for the Buckeyes this season. She averaged 10.8 points a game last season.

"I've enjoyed having the opportunity to coach Raven this past year, McGuff said. And it's unfortunate that we're at this point, but due to a violation of team rules she can no longer be a part of our program. I wish her nothing but success as she moves forward as a basketball player and as a person."

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/10/02/1002-ohio-state-womens-basketball.html

At Duke the "announcement" is made by simply removing the player from the roster and in the senior festivities pretending that all FOUR players are being honored. The fifth player that came in as a freshman was just no longer there. By the way, she DID graduate from the university. To this day, the program has made no statement about Chloe Wells being removed from the team. Y'all are lucky to get a "violation of team rules" and announcement. At Duke, we're sitting and scratching our heads at the alternate universe that exists here.

In 2004, senior Courtney McDaniel, who had had numerous medical problems, left the team shortly before Senior Night. Her name was not even mentioned in the festivities and it was as if she had never existed. It was quite puzzling to fans, but apparently it was her decision. I think she came to regret it later on. McDaniel is now head women's basketball coach at Northwood University in Palm Beach, FL.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 4:06 pm    ::: Re: Ohio State 2014-2015 Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

In 2004, senior Courtney McDaniel, who had had numerous medical problems, left the team shortly before Senior Night. Her name was not even mentioned in the festivities and it was as if she had never existed. It was quite puzzling to fans, but apparently it was her decision. I think she came to regret it later on. McDaniel is now head women's basketball coach at Northwood University in Palm Beach, FL.

Did they, on senior night, talk about the "four player class" of players who started together and are all graduating? At Duke, they tried to re-write history. Is there a rule about having to re-pay a scholarship if a player leaves the team?

~rAf
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/02/14 5:42 pm    ::: Re: Ohio State 2014-2015 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Did they, on senior night, talk about the "four player class" of players who started together and are all graduating? At Duke, they tried to re-write history. Is there a rule about having to re-pay a scholarship if a player leaves the team?

They didn't mention her, as I said. I don't think she had to repay her scholarship, either. She had stuck it out through some pretty tough nagging medical problems through her entire college career and I think a combination of asthma and depression finally were just too much for her. She's been coaching ever since she graduated, first on the high school and now college level, so obviously she still loves the game.

PostPosted: 11/04/14 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another Ohio St player out with ACL

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11820704/kianna-holland-ohio-state-buckeyes-season-knee-injury

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/04/14 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Another Ohio St player out with ACL

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11820704/kianna-holland-ohio-state-buckeyes-season-knee-injury

Oh my word...what the hell is going on at Ohio State this year?

RP

PostPosted: 11/04/14 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's the ACL in her left knee apparently, which she also tore in high school. Just awful.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow - basketball in Med School? That'll be quite a load!

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/f403bba38e9c45f0a63a82ac425f918d/BKW--Ohio-St-Med-School-Guard

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Amy Scullion had already graduated and been accepted to medical school at Ohio State. She figured she'd played her final basketball game for the Buckeyes last February.

Now she's back on the court. Sort of.

Scullion will balance her challenging medical-school schedule with the Buckeyes' practice and game schedule this season. A starter a year ago, she's returning to a team that is short-handed because one player was kicked off the team and three others sustained season-ending knee injuries in the preseason.

"I reached out to her when we had some of these injuries and she initially was very, very interested because she missed (playing)," coach Kevin McGuff said on Thursday. "But there were a lot of hoops we needed to jump through, No. 1 from an eligibility standpoint. And then secondly just from a practicality stance. Can she do what was required of her to be successful in medical school, which is the No. 1 priority?"

She'll give it a shot.

The Buckeyes open the season on Friday night at Virginia.

She'll miss some workouts, games and road trips along the way, but has been practicing with the Buckeyes lately. Maybe she can even offer some medical advice to her injured teammates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: