RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nancy Mulkey verbals to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/22/14 7:46 pm    ::: Nancy Mulkey verbals to Reply Reply with quote

The University of Oklahoma Sooners.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 10/22/14 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YAY! Don't know if shes just all height or not but its a good commit for the Sooners! Also im surprised she didn't pick Baylor.

BobScoutingReport

PostPosted: 10/22/14 8:15 pm    ::: Nancy Mulkey Reply Reply with quote

She has a chance to be very good but must get stronger and avoid the lower leg/foot issues that have previously sidelined her for months at a time. She's no Griner but who is.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/22/14 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor and Mulkey did you receive a verbal today. Calveion Landrum, 5'10" guard from Waco Texas class of 2016. Prep teammate of Erin DeGrate.

BobScoutingReport

PostPosted: 10/22/14 8:41 pm    ::: Landrum Reply Reply with quote

I have seen a few times and Landrum is a very good catch for Baylor!

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/23/14 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Landrum is the safer signee, as she should be just fine.

Mulkey might never contribute, but then again, she could blossom into a force as well.

PostPosted: 10/23/14 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Mulkey might never contribute, but then again, she could blossom into a force as well.

With 15 scholarships providing plenty of room, she is most definitely worth a chance. And at her height, she doesn't have to be another Griner to be effective in college. We're not talking another Bubbles Anderson here. This girl can play basketball.

BTW Clay, have you seen or do you know anything about Felicia Aiyeotan - the 6'9" 2016 girl from Nigeria who is now playing in Philadelphia? She seems to be getting a lot of interest. Any comments on her abilities or her recruiting?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/23/14 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

BTW Clay, have you seen or do you know anything about Felicia Aiyeotan - the 6'9" 2016 girl from Nigeria who is now playing in Philadelphia? She seems to be getting a lot of interest. Any comments on her abilities or her recruiting?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0RFWfvCjq_o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 10/23/14 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

With 15 scholarships providing plenty of room, she is most definitely worth a chance. And at her height, she doesn't have to be another Griner to be effective in college. We're not talking another Bubbles Anderson here. This girl can play basketball.

Where does Mike Flynn want her to go?

Howee

PostPosted: 10/23/14 1:20 pm    ::: Re: Nancy Mulkey verbals to Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
The University of Oklahoma Sooners.

YeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAA!!

She may/may not be All That, but odds are, she'll be a difference-maker, barring health problems. Oklahoma needs that about now.

PostPosted: 10/23/14 1:43 pm    ::: Felicia Aiyeotan - 6'9" 2016 Reply Reply with quote

Aiyeotan is stronger in build than Mulkey but probably less far along in understanding the game. Coming I believe from Nigeria, she is still relatively new to the game. Theoretically Felicia's upside is probably higher as she has not had the foot issues and already has the more solid frame. In my one viewing of Aiyeotan at Nike Nationals in the Juniors Final, she had an impressive game versus a strong Georgia Pistols Team Elite club. Mulkey played against the older, more advanced, Seniors competition and her play was up and down. Like Mulkey, few if any high majors will turn Aiyeotan down.

justynkarr

PostPosted: 07/17/15 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haven't seen this posted anywhere and wasn't sure if it needed it's own thread but Nancy Mulkey is one of the subjects of TLC's new show My Giant Life.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-giant-life/meet-the-women/

The first episode aired this past week and was a great watch. Not only was it wonderful to see someone who I think will only make my favorite team better but also interesting to see these different women and how their height affects their lives. As a follower of Women's Basketball and particularly a lover of post players, I cannot wait to continue to watch this series. I just hope they show her interacting with OU players or coaches but I doubt this will happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: