RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tyler Summitt LaTech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 10/08/14 5:54 pm    ::: Tyler Summitt LaTech Reply Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/nt1BvEfJjqQ

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 10/08/14 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nt1BvEfJjqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/09/14 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He's certainly got the mindset. Now let's see what he does with it and how the young ladies respond. I have a hunch they will respond positively. The fact that two good players followed him from Marquette says something.

PostPosted: 10/15/14 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wishing him all the luck in the world. and its good to see he's finally grown into those eyebrows! Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/15/14 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice to see him all grown up. [but crazy too] Will be interesting to see what he can do this year with a bunch of seniors, then how he rebuilds with his own players.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 10/15/14 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see his mama's smile on his face. Very Happy I certainly wish him well....I've not been a naysayer on his hiring; "pedigree" he's got!

I must say tho....I'm not a big fan of the "Thank you Lord Jesus...." opening remarks. I'm glad for him if he benefits from his personal faith, and maybe he's down there in the Bible Belt where that racks up some points for him. But. It can also alienate others AND involves "Jesus" against His own wishes. Razz

Last edited by Howee on 10/16/14 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/16/14 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I can see his mama's smile on his face. Very Happy I certainly wish him well....I've not been a naysayer on his hiring; "pedigree" he's got!

I must say tho....I'm not a big fan of the "Thank you Lord Jesus...." opening remarks. I'm glad for him if he benefits from his personal faith, and maybe he's down there in the Bible Belt where that racks up some points for him. But. It can also alienate others AND involves "Jesus", probably against His own wishes.

I know that when I hear anyone invoke religious talk, my eyes glaze over and I don't listen to anything they say.
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/16/14 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Howee wrote:

I must say tho....I'm not a big fan of the "Thank you Lord Jesus...." opening remarks. I'm glad for him if he benefits from his personal faith, and maybe he's down there in the Bible Belt where that racks up some points for him. But. It can also alienate others AND involves "Jesus", probably against His own wishes.

I know that when I hear anyone invoke religious talk, my eyes glaze over and I don't listen to anything they say.

I'm always hopeful that the gods, whoever they may be, have more important things to do than think about basketball.

PostPosted: 10/16/14 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I must say tho....I'm not a big fan of the "Thank you Lord Jesus...." opening remarks. I'm glad for him if he benefits from his personal faith, and maybe he's down there in the Bible Belt where that racks up some points for him. But. It can also alienate others AND involves "Jesus" against His own wishes. Razz

I always wonder why some need to thank Jesus with a microphone in their hands. Don't they believe that Jesus can read their thoughts?

I've never been a fan of either proselytizing one's religion or one's politics.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/16/14 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I'm always hopeful that the gods, whoever they may be, have more important things to do than think about basketball.

What a wonderful world we would live in if they didn't.

PostPosted: 10/16/14 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Howee wrote:

I always wonder why some need to thank Jesus with a microphone in their hands. Don't they believe that Jesus can read their thoughts?

I've never been a fan of either proselytizing one's religion or one's politics.

I doubt it's intended to *inform* Jesus of your thoughts or even to proselytize; I think it's more a case of sending out the message of "I'm-a-Christian-so-you-can-count-on-me-to-be-__________" code-speak.

PostPosted: 10/17/14 8:55 am    ::: I am predicting good things for LaTech Reply Reply with quote

Last year, LaTech finished 11th in C-USA. They were recently picked by the coaches to finish 7th this year.

I predict LaTech will finish 3rd in the conference and Summitt will be named COY.

LaTech returns their top three players from last year as well a Kelia Shelton who has struggled to stay eligible academically but is a star on the court. I think Summitt breathes fresh energy into the storied program. And the teams between LaTech and Middle TN all lost a ton of talent.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/17/14 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyler may have an inadvertent recruiting advantage in that he has a number of "sisters" in the W who can vouch for him, maybe even do speaking engagements ... maybe. It might be blasphemy for them to help recruit for any other college besides for UTen.
BallState1984

PostPosted: 10/18/14 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering the REAL HC is Mickie DeMoss and Skippy is coasting on Mommy's name, it should be an interesting year.

Once again, would a mid major hire anyone else with ONE YEAR experience? Hell no.

PostPosted: 10/18/14 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Considering the REAL HC is Mickie DeMoss and Skippy is coasting on Mommy's name, it should be an interesting year.

Once again, would a mid major hire anyone else with ONE YEAR experience? Hell no.

Especially when the school just fired a coach who was hired just based on name despite inexperience. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ...

Howee

PostPosted: 10/18/14 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, the snark....Rolling Eyes

"Judge not....til at least halfway through the season" Razz

Tyler has WAAAY more than "one year's experience". Period.

PostPosted: 10/18/14 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Tyler may have an inadvertent recruiting advantage in that he has a number of "sisters" in the W who can vouch for him, maybe even do speaking engagements ... maybe. It might be blasphemy for them to help recruit for any other college besides for UTen.

La Tech would happily gobble up some of the Tenn. rejects though.

- Amanda Gorman
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/18/14 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:

Mid-major's have hired people with no coaching experience prior to being named head coach at said school.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/18/14 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ball State isn't exactly a major either, even if they did once beat Tennessee. I bet that will happen again when snowball throwing is an Olympic sport in hell. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/18/14 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
BallState1984 wrote:

Mid-major's have hired people with no coaching experience prior to being named head coach at said school.

Like when La Tech hired Teresa Weatherspoon. How'd that turn out?

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/18/14 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
BallState1984 wrote:

Like when La Tech hired Teresa Weatherspoon. How'd that turn out?

BallState1984 implied it would never happen to another person. And my response it that is does happen, I didn't provide an opinion on whether or not it's a good idea, just the fact that is happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: