RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Play 4Kay schedule released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 10/09/14 10:44 am    ::: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

ESPN has revealed the Play 4Kay matchups that will be played on February 22nd & 23rd. Here is the release:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/10/espn-celebrates-2015-play-4kay-games-featuring-14-top-teams/

I am particularly looking forward to this game:

Quote:
In the 7 p.m. game, No. 16 Louisville plays at No. 4 Louisville, meeting for the first time as ACC rivals.

I'm gonna have to go with Louisville...

Here is the schedule:

Sunday, Feb 22nd

Noon - #7 Duke at NC State (ESPN2)
Temple at USF (ESPNU)

2 p.m. - Rutgers at #8 Michigan State (ESPN2)
#17 LSU at #23 Arkansas (ESPNU)

4 p.m. - #11 California at #20 Stanford (ESPN2)

Monday, Feb 23rd

7 p.m. - #16 Louisville at #4 Notre Dame (ESPN2)
9 p.m. - #3 Tennessee at #2 South Carolina (ESPN2)

Phil

PostPosted: 10/09/14 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is the source of the rankings?

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 10/09/14 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
What is the source of the rankings?

Creme's Way too Early Top 25.

Totally arbritary. Stanford is down, but not that far down or so this Cardinal Fan firmly believes.

Phil

PostPosted: 10/09/14 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks.

Yes, I agree that Stanford will suffer a drop, but not that much.

Creme seems to like the SEC with 3 of top 4 and 4 of top 6. Can't argue too much, but think ND will be higher, and one of those SEC teams will under perform. Not sure which one, but I don't think that four of top six at midseason will be SEC. That said, the SEC has been off for a few years, the addition of TAMU and Staley is returning the SEC to old glory.

user1688

PostPosted: 10/09/14 5:25 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ESPN has revealed the Play 4Kay matchups that will be played on February 22nd & 23rd. Here is the release:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/10/espn-celebrates-2015-play-4kay-games-featuring-14-top-teams/

Quote:
In the 7 p.m. game, No. 16 Louisville plays at No. 4 Louisville, meeting for the first time as ACC rivals.

No. 16 Louisville plays at No. 4 Louisville, ???

pilight

PostPosted: 10/09/14 5:41 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

user1688 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Quote:

Like the coaches say, you're only competing against yourself

PostPosted: 10/09/14 7:28 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
user1688 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Quote:

ESPN being ESPN is all that is...I have honestly grown so sick of them. They are basically the sports version of TMZ nowadays and it's really become annoying. I mean, when one of the headlines yesterday was "Bosh hasn't talked to Lebron since the break up"...come on, that isn't sports at all.

Their writing, editing, etc really has gone downhill in a hurry.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/10/14 9:28 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
pilight wrote:
user1688 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Quote:

ESPN being ESPN is all that is...I have honestly grown so sick of them. They are basically the sports version of TMZ nowadays and it's really become annoying. I mean, when one of the headlines yesterday was "Bosh hasn't talked to Lebron since the break up"...come on, that isn't sports at all.

Amen. They have sucked for years.

PostPosted: 10/10/14 10:39 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
pilight wrote:
user1688 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Quote:

And now with their billion dollar conflict-of-interest with the SEC and their network, they are a 24/7 SEC infomercial, at least in football. If they had their way there would be four SEC teams in the new four-team college football playoff. I'm waiting to see if the same nonstop shilling for the SEC carries over to basketball. I doubt that it will because they basically own most of college basketball, but it will be interesting to see.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 10/11/14 8:37 am    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

And now with their billion dollar conflict-of-interest with the SEC and their network, they are a 24/7 SEC infomercial, at least in football. If they had their way there would be four SEC teams in the new four-team college football playoff. I'm waiting to see if the same nonstop shilling for the SEC carries over to basketball. I doubt that it will because they basically own most of college basketball, but it will be interesting to see.

I don't know...there is an awful lot of Coach Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats on ESPN almost nonstop. It would definitely be a much harder sell for men's hoops as after Kentucky and Florida, there really isn't a whole lot there at the moment.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/11/14 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not only that, but ESPN-W isn't even about women's sports mostly any more. Men's sports are all over the page. If I want to read about men's sports I'll go to the main page, thank you

PostPosted: 10/11/14 1:56 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

And now with their billion dollar conflict-of-interest with the SEC and their network, they are a 24/7 SEC infomercial, at least in football. If uthey had their way there would be four SEC teams in the new four-team college football playoff. I'm waiting to see if the same nonstop shilling for the SEC carries over to basketball. I doubt that it will because they basically own most of college basketball, but it will be interesting to see.

I don't know...there is an awful lot of Coach Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats on ESPN almost nonstop. It would definitely be a much harder sell for men's hoops as after Kentucky and Florida, there really isn't a whole lot there at the moment.

That's true about KY. They even televised KY's summer exhibition boondoggle games in the Bahamas this year.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:39 pm    ::: Re: Play 4Kay schedule released Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

That's true about KY. They even televised KY's summer exhibition boondoggle games in the Bahamas this year.

And their latest Kentucky lovefest/release...http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11663889/comparing-kentucky-players-current-nba-players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: