RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy crap! From the following article is this little tidbit:

Quote:
IU built in a hefty $10 million buyout if Purdue wants to hire Moren away from Indiana. Sharon Versyp left IU after the 2005-06 season to coach at Purdue.

That has to be the largest buyout for any women's coach and possible any basketball coach, period. Damn. Guess they didn't like the Versyp a whole lot in B'town.

I'm sure that buyout amount is only for Purdue and much more reasonable for any other school...Moren is a Purdue alum as was Versyp.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/08/09/indiana-native-teri-moren-named-as-iu-womens-basketball-coach/13836649/

dfineguy

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue and Versyp deserve each other. Probably the most boring WBB team in the whole country. Moren played for Lin Dunn back when the Boilermakers were not on Prozac.

PostPosted: 08/14/14 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dfineguy wrote:
Purdue and Versyp deserve each other. Probably the most boring WBB team in the whole country. Moren played for Lin Dunn back when the Boilermakers were not on Prozac.

LOL...gotcha.

icey23

PostPosted: 08/15/14 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nadine Domond to Grambling
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/gsu/2014/08/15/report-grambling-hires-ex-wnba-player-womens-coach/14151425/

PostPosted: 08/26/14 7:55 pm    ::: Re: 2014 Coaching Movement Reply Reply with quote

Brandi Poole, one of Curt Miller's ACs at Indiana and formerly at BGSU, is on her way to take the open AC position at Texas Tech.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Baylor%2BPublic%2BInf%2BReport.pdf
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 08/26/14 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
dfineguy wrote:

LOL...gotcha.

I actually like the way Purdue plays. Smart offensively, they usually feature at least 1 good offensive player that can shoot, and they over-achieve most years. I don't understand the hate.

Versyp is a very good HC, imo.

PostPosted: 08/27/14 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
dfineguy wrote:

LOL...gotcha.

I actually like the way Purdue plays. Smart offensively, they usually feature at least 1 good offensive player that can shoot, and they over-achieve most years. I don't understand the hate.

I don't hate the school or the coach. I said boring and what that amounts to for me is that if there are 3 or 4 WBB games on at the same time time and Purdue is featured in one of them and let's just say LSU, Oklahome and Nebraska are the others, I would be more likely to watch them initially. Georgia or Illinois, not so much. JMHO, that's all.

PostPosted: 08/27/14 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
dfineguy wrote:

LOL...gotcha.

I think some of the "fans" got spoiled. If Purdue does not go undefeated and win the NC then the season was a failure and the coach needs to be shot.

PostPosted: 08/27/14 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
dfineguy wrote:

LOL...gotcha.

Not sure what that could possibly be based on, since she has never taken a team of her own players past the second round of the NCAAs. Very good coaches are able to do that occasionally.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/29/14 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

North Dakota will be looking for a new assistant coach as Brent Pollari resigned.

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arkansas, Indiana, Harvard, Yale, Idaho State have all filled spots

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 09/05/14 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Added some recent movement ... including Appalachian State chatter that HC and 2 ACs are gone

Howee

PostPosted: 09/06/14 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just gotta say....that database presented in the OP is probably more extensive than anything the NCAA has on file! Razz

Interesting to note that Abbi Olajuwan is how an AC. Also, is the Adair gal from Georgetown related to Jess Adair? (....and whatever has become of Jess??)

PostPosted: 09/06/14 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's the scuttlebutt about the App St opening? I see Vincent has officially resigned but that's more than a little bizarre in September with an interim AD. A Mike Rice/Becky Francis-type situation?

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 09/07/14 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson State hires 2 new assistants

http://www.jsutigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=670003&SPID=109817&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209635367&DB_OEM_ID=29000

pilight

PostPosted: 09/09/14 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tangela Smith to Western Michigan

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2014/09/two-time_wnba_champion_tangela.html

Quote:
She will bring us a unique perspective having been a professional in both the WNBA and abroad and playing key roles in two WNBA championships. I am anxious to pick her mind about how things are done at the professional level and to allow her to utilize her vast experience with our team.

PostPosted: 10/06/14 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Appalachian State hired staff after late openings

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 10/10/14 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Auburn DOBO and Western Carolina AC positions

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 10/17/14 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tamika Louis was reinstated at Delaware State after investigation

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 10/28/14 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elon hires Tasha Taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: