RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland to guarantee scholarships
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/22/14 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

BTW if these are life time scholarships, does it expire when they graduate with their bachelor's, or if they go to grad school at the same school does it carry over? That also does make a difference as well.

My understanding these are for finishing your undergraduate degree, not grad school.

Thanks.

GEF34

PostPosted: 08/22/14 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think it's just four years, regardless of whether you graduate, but I'm sure there's some wiggle room.

And because it's just four years, the cost is lower. If a player lasts two years, the school is only the hook for two more years, etc.

Still, the point about not admitting a paying student is a good one ...

That's interesting, because currently most schools, if not all, pay for student-athletes who go to school for a 5th year, after they have finished their eligibility. And they don't pay for grad school unless they redshirt and finish in 4 years then they part for part, I'm not sure if they pay for all of it if they finish their eligibility before they finish grad school.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: