RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kalani Brown releases her list of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icey23

PostPosted: 07/30/14 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Kalani Brown (2015, Lady Pumas) What can Brown do for you? INSTANT OFFENSE! This 6’5 lefty is a center that understands how to work the paint. Brown understands the importance of winning the match-up before even touching the ball; you don’t see that in the girl’s game often. Every coach likes a big and every coach goes crazy over a big that can knock down free throws and she does just that with her soft left hand touch. Not to get carried away with her offensive presence because she surpassed my expectations of defending the screen. This girl gets out on the screen and shows on the pick and roll causing disruption to opposing teams. No wonder she’s the number one post in the 2015 class." - Ashley Rivens, ASGR, 28 July 2014

Cool Cool

PostPosted: 07/31/14 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Quote:
"Kalani Brown (2015, Lady Pumas) What can Brown do for you? INSTANT OFFENSE! This 6’5 lefty is a center that understands how to work the paint. Brown understands the importance of winning the match-up before even touching the ball; you don’t see that in the girl’s game often. Every coach likes a big and every coach goes crazy over a big that can knock down free throws and she does just that with her soft left hand touch. Not to get carried away with her offensive presence because she surpassed my expectations of defending the screen. This girl gets out on the screen and shows on the pick and roll causing disruption to opposing teams. No wonder she’s the number one post in the 2015 class." - Ashley Rivens, ASGR, 28 July 2014

Cool Cool

You never know, but this is not the girl I saw at USA Basketball. Maybe she just had a bad weekend ...

PostPosted: 07/31/14 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was a returning USA Basketball player too, having played on the 2013 U16 team in the FIBA Americas championship.

So USA Basketball was familiar with whom they were dealing. It's not like the tryout weekend was the first or only time they had ever seen her play.

dfineguy

PostPosted: 07/31/14 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
She was a returning USA Basketball player too, having played on the 2013 U16 team in the FIBA Americas championship.

So USA Basketball was familiar with whom they were dealing. It's not like the tryout weekend was the first or only time they had ever seen her play.

Clay, we both know that some young women peak at 16 or 17 and others don't peak until their junior or senior years of college. Some women reach their full potential at 25 or 30, but this is really a case of developing major skills rather than a physical-mental peak.

There have been many 'cannot miss' high school players who tail off when they reach college. Not just failure to understand the more complex game, but early physical growers who stopped and were passed by women who matured later.

PostPosted: 07/31/14 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://instagram.com/p/rFcdvxFSs9/
ilxcitement
1 day ago
Here trying to get Kalani Brown's attention. At Mike White Summer playoff championship. 7/29/14

Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 08/05/14 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
ilxcitement
1 day ago
Here trying to get Kalani Brown's attention. At Mike White Summer playoff championship. 7/29/14

Cool Cool Cool

LOl...I don't see Nikki Caldwell in any of those chairs.... Mad Mad Mad

PostPosted: 08/08/14 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

grrlagent wrote:
icey23 wrote:
ilxcitement
1 day ago

Cool Cool Cool

LOl...I don't see Nikki Caldwell in any of those chairs.... Mad Mad Mad

Nikki n T Butts
[img]http://t.co/xi4TRhqXkX[/img]

PostPosted: 08/08/14 10:44 am    ::: Hmmm Reply Reply with quote

Could they pull in this recruit?

icey23

PostPosted: 08/08/14 12:02 pm    ::: Re: Hmmm Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Could they pull in this recruit?

THEY BETTER

PostPosted: 09/10/14 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I cannot imagine NC not doing her best; Tasha Butts and staff would do their best too.

Keilani is a top notch player and LSU absolutely needs her to begin the NC domination-process.

I am confident we'll do it and I think the Browns want to see their daughter play close to home.

PostPosted: 09/10/14 7:11 pm    ::: Re: Kalani Brown releases her list of 10 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
http://pic.twitter.com/tQFRXgFEB3

And I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find Geno had no rude comments about recruits and lists. Oh, almost forgot, it's only a problem when the list doesn't include UConn.

Go Houston.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/11/14 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not convinced Kalani Brown is a program-changer. She might be, but she also could be just another solid Power 5 post -- which is something, no doubt, but isn't going to alter the balance of power in the SEC.

PostPosted: 09/14/14 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More of a pressing need for LSU than a solid post is a solid perimeter shooter. With Kinney and Plaisance gone, so too are the most consistent outside threats.

In fact, Ballard and Moncrief, Kinney's fellow starters in the back-court, only ATTEMPTED 12 3 pt shots last season. They hit none of them. DaShawn Harden was 33 for 10 and is the best returning shooter from beyond the arc.

I remember Ballard to have a sweet pull-up jumper from about 16 on in and she seems to be able to create space to get that shot off. Both she and Moncrief can also slash to the hoop. However you can weaken those offensive attacks by packing a zone in tight. There are a lot of long guards in the SEC that can play the top of that zone and cut off any drives down low.

icey23

PostPosted: 09/14/14 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meet Jenna Deemer she can shoot

PostPosted: 09/14/14 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jazmine Rhodes is a pretty good shooter, too.

also, let's remember that LSU has NEVER been very reliant on the 3 pointer

I also strongly disagree with the whole premise that 3 point shooting is more important than a strong post player. Where would we have been this past season w/out Plaisance? In today's game, unless you're fortunate enough to have 4 or 5 McD AAs in your backcourt, you need a post presence---not necessarily All America, program-changer type---but you still need a quality post presence. This necessarily means some height. Average 6'3" players aren't gonna get it.

I hope Fareo is a quality player and I don't know what to expect from Jones, but she did come from Memphis, and she wasn't exactly dominant there by any means.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/14/14 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reports are coming out that Kalani is down to:

Baylor, A&M, Tennessee (no particular order)

icey23

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Reports are coming out that Kalani is down to:

Baylor, A&M, Tennessee (no particular order)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have seen the final three Baylor, Tennnessee, and A&M on different boards.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/15/14 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be a Final Four team, you generally need both an inside presence and consistent long-range shooting. There will be opponents who can stop you inside, so you need to be able to score from the perimeter, and there will be days when the threes aren't falling, so you need to have some kind of Plan B, which is usually something in the paint.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: