RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 Women's Basketball Commitment List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allenleavell

PostPosted: 06/12/14 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
tigermojo wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
UCLA receives verbal from 6'4" Texas Ashley Hearn. ASGR#11, Prospects Nation #27.

Picking up where they left off last year.

really kinda stunning, considering just released a top NINE just a few weeks ago. Surprised

What do you mean?

This has been in the work for the last two years.It was perfect location and school for Ashley Hearn.

GEF34

PostPosted: 06/13/14 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
tigermojo wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
UCLA receives verbal from 6'4" Texas Ashley Hearn. ASGR#11, Prospects Nation #27.

Picking up where they left off last year.

really kinda stunning, considering just released a top NINE just a few weeks ago. Surprised

What do you mean?

This has been in the work for the last two years.It was perfect location and school for Ashley Hearn.

I was referring to the "just released a top NINE" part, who just released a top nine?

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 06/17/14 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tierra Floyd, a 6'2 forward who attends Toledo's Notre Dame HS, has verbally committed to Xavier, per her coach, Travis Galloway.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/17/14 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shadowboxer wrote:
Tierra Floyd, a 6'2 forward who attends Toledo's Notre Dame HS, has verbally committed to Xavier, per her coach, Travis Galloway.

By all accounts, she is very good. Yet from all I have seen, she was not pursued heavily by the "power" schools. Not even by the close ones like ND, OhSt, Purdue or Mich. I don't understand why, but if anyone has an explanation I'd be interested to know.

Very good catch for Xavier.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 06/18/14 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tierra is a great player. Unfortunately, she had an ACL injury her freshman yr. She came back in sophmore yr, came back very strong in jr yr. Helped take Notre Dame to OH semi-finals 3 yrs in a row.

According to The Blade article, she did have offers from several BIGWhatever schools-OH St, etc. [Since OH St is taking all our(Toledo's) players from Rogers she would have known people.(LOL)]

She was scoring avg 16 pts, 5 rebs, 3 steals, and can't remember #assists.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/396260

Last edited by shadowboxer on 06/19/14 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
~UK~

PostPosted: 06/18/14 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Batouly Camara to Kentucky

http://ukwomen.bloginky.com/2014/06/18/one-of-nations-top-forwards-chooses-kentucky/

newkid

PostPosted: 06/22/14 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexa Romano - G - New Mexico - Stanford

https://www.prospectsnation.com/player/alexa-romano

Three-star, but was invited to USA BB U17 tryouts, and was being recruited by Baylor & Tenn, among others. Apparently a shooting guard with a good 3PT %.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 06/23/14 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
St. Mary's High girls basketball player MaAne' Mosley orally committed yesterday to Cal, she confirmed this afternoon.

"My top two choices were either Cal or Stanford. I wanted to go into law, and I felt they had very strong law programs," said the 5-foot-11 wing. "I felt Cal had real caring there, so I felt that would be a good home for me.

Two of her high school teammates, Gabby Green and Mikayla Cowling, signed with Cal in November.

Link: http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears/ci_25973933/st-marys-maane-mosley-commits-cal

Funny how they wrote "orally" committed...maybe they assigned a non-fan to write it up....LOL

Phil

PostPosted: 06/24/14 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think oral is the better term. The more common term is verbal, but that doesn't make much sense. Verbal means with words, which could be spoke, or written. An LOI is a verbal contract. Oral indicates that it isn't an LOI.

Durantula

PostPosted: 07/16/14 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be pretty up to date now with 280 verbals. Hard time of the year to keep up with the commitments because there are so many but give me a message if I have some missing.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 07/16/14 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you. Boy, Texas has two nice recruits.

PostPosted: 07/19/14 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan's addition of Hallie Thome (ASGR #78 as of October) fills all of their scholarship spots. KBA may end up with a higher ranked class than 2014.

Durantula

PostPosted: 07/30/14 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Over 300 verbals now. Added verbals for players going to Albany, UALR, Colgate, Prairie View A&M, Ole Miss, UNLV, Temple, Tulane.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/02/14 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin DeGrates (out of Texas) lists her final 7: Baylor, Kansas, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Washington

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/02/14 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jenna Allen has de-committed from Indiana following Curt Miller's resignation.

https://twitter.com/ASGR1995/status/495278214093496320

linkster

PostPosted: 08/02/14 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 5m
Kyra Lambert 5-8 PG 2015 Clemens HS TX is going ACC. Lambert has verballed to the Duke Blue Devils. AAU team Texas TeamXpress.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/02/14 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Kyra Lambert 5-8 PG 2015 Clemens HS TX is going ACC. Lambert has verballed to the Duke Blue Devils. AAU team Texas TeamXpress.

She'll play from Day One.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/02/14 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
linkster wrote:

She'll play from Day One.

Really good pickup at a position of desperate need. #11 On Blue Star.

I wonder if they could get her to start school next month. They could use her. Who needs four years of HS? Laughing

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/03/14 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Olson (Hoopgurlz) has Lambert 4th. Of course I view his rating with more skepticism than any of the other services/websites (Prospects Nation, BlueStar, ASGR, FullCourt). For example, while the other services misjudged Kayla McBride but at least respected her ability (20th by Hoopgurlz and BlueStar, 24th by ASGR), Dan Olson (Collegiate Girls Basketball Report, and now in charge of Hoopgurlz) ranked her 68th!! At least he's not afraid to differ from the other rankings!

By the way, has anyone ever heard of this ranking site?

http://www.d1spects.com/national-recruiting-news/2015-d1spects-power-50-girls-basketball-rankings

For what it's worth, I DO believe that Lambert is very good and considering the need, this is VERY good news for Duke fans.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 08/03/14 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
And Olson (Hoopgurlz) has Lambert 4th. Of course I view his rating with more skepticism than any of the other services/websites (Prospects Nation, BlueStar, ASGR, FullCourt). For example, while the other services misjudged Kayla McBride but at least respected her ability (20th by Hoopgurlz and BlueStar, 24th by ASGR), Dan Olson (Collegiate Girls Basketball Report, and now in charge of Hoopgurlz) ranked her 68th!! At least he's not afraid to differ from the other rankings!

By the way, has anyone ever heard of this ranking site?

http://www.d1spects.com/national-recruiting-news/2015-d1spects-power-50-girls-basketball-rankings

For what it's worth, I DO believe that Lambert is very good and considering the need, this is VERY good news for Duke fans.

Never heard of them but for me that is not surprising. Cooper number one; I wonder what they see that everyone else doesn't. The rest of the rankings are fairly consistent with other sites not that it is a proof of legitimacy.

PostPosted: 08/05/14 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crystal Primm, a 5-10 wing out of Florida, a top 50 player according to ProspectNation, has a Final Five (no part. order) of Duke, Women of Troy, Auburn, tOSU, and South Florida.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/06/14 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskers also have a verbal from Lanie Page. Her Big Sis is a frosh on the team this year.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/188856/lanie-page

bballfan32

PostPosted: 08/06/14 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coach Jimmy Dykes received two commitments this week for the University of Arkansas! Jordan Danberry, a top 50 prospect from Conway, and Keiryn Swenson, a 6'2 forward from Kansas.

@ASGR1995 Jordan Danberry from Conway High School, Conway, AR committed to the University of Arkansas.

Swenson will also throw javelin, which was what she was initially committed to do at the University of Tulsa. She also received offer from Wichita State to play volleyball, so sounds like she is a tremendous athlete.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 08/06/14 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State has had a recent wave of commits, including for the Class of 2015.

Bret McCormick @ASGR1995 North Carolina State receives 2015 verbal commit from Rydeiah DD Rogers 6-1 PF Myers Park HS NC. Rogers played AAU for Carolina Flames.

The Wolfpacker @TheWolfpacker NC State women's basketball has landed Raleigh Broughton senior point guard Kaila Ealey for the class of 2015.

For the Class of 2016, we have a commitment from Lucky Rudd.

For the Class of 2017: Kai Crutchfield (Millbrook) commits to the Pack! She's ranked #20 nationally by All-Star Girls Report.

And then we have the Class of 2019: Jada Peebles.

What's notable about these players is that they are all from North Carolina, where the previous coach was unable to make inroads.

All in all, our Class of 2015 looks like this: Camille Anderson (Georgia); Amber Richardson, DD Rogers, and Kaila Ealey -- the last three from North Carolina.

deanjet

PostPosted: 08/06/14 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan32 wrote:
Coach Jimmy Dykes received two commitments this week for the University of Arkansas! Jordan Danberry, a top 50 prospect from Conway, and Keiryn Swenson, a 6'2 forward from Kansas.

This is awesome news. Jimmy and his staff worked very hard to secure Danberry's commitment this summer.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: