RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DNS Podcast: Kelly Graves on OU, Summer recruiting& more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/24/14 2:30 pm    ::: DNS Podcast: Kelly Graves on OU, Summer recruiting& more Reply Reply with quote

New Dishin & Swishin podcast, with guest Kelly Graves of Oregon

Quote:
Outspoken and honest, Graves talks about the differences in going out and recruiting this July versus years past, the good and bad of the tournaments, what he thinks needs to improve, and what he enjoys.

Other topics include:

Differences between a Graves run program and that of former coach Paul Westhead at Oregon.
Getting talented players like Jillian Alleyne and Chrishae Rowe to buy into his system, which features defense in addition to fast-paced offense.
Recapping the Gonzaga years
Being in the Pac-12 as opposed to being in the WAC
The Nike influence
That court!

http://t.co/g9LAWDXtdd

PRballer

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't realize one of his top recruits, McKynzie Fort, didn't come and will be playing at San Diego State instead. He got a local kid named Bando to decommit from Gonzaga and stay in Eugene instead.

Oregon might be a very good team this year - and even better next year with more recruits.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/25/14 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I didn't realize one of his top recruits, McKynzie Fort, didn't come and will be playing at San Diego State instead. He got a local kid named Bando to decommit from Gonzaga and stay in Eugene instead.

Oregon might be a very good team this year - and even better next year with more recruits.

I agree; I'm figuring give him one year to change the culture, one year to prosper with Alleyne and Rowe still together.

Kelly can coach his butt off that's for sure, and if I were in the Pac 12, with Nike's money and Kelly on the sidelines, I'd start getting nervous about Ducks flying by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: