RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ball4life

PostPosted: 07/14/14 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Sorry for delayed updates, but went through them and have as updated as I know as of 7/14

All good. Thanks for all you do.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/16/14 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drexel hires Michelle Baker - promoted from DOBO spot and Gardner-Webb hires Alex Young, who was at Univ of Chicago last 2 years.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/21/14 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere, but new Boston University Head Coach Katy Steding has hired her assistant coaches, including a couple of former WNBA players.

They are...

Cindy Blodgett
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/062514aaa.html

Stephanie Tobey
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/071014aaa.html

...and Taj McWilliams-Franklin!
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/071714aaa.html

Good luck, ladies! Very Happy

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/22/14 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

Cindy Blodgett
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/062514aaa.html

Man, for as good of a player as she was, she has been equally as bad in the coaching profession. Her previous relationship with Steding must be why she was hired. I mean, as a head coach at Maine she went 24-94 before being fired (you have to screw up really bad when you are a living legend at your alma mater) and then her last 3 years at Rhode Island were utter disasters (1-28, 6-23, 7-23).

ripleydc

PostPosted: 07/23/14 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland hires Shay Robinson from the Jayhawks to fill the asst coach opening created when David Adkins moved to the NBA's Washington Wizards.

http://m.umterps.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=209600613

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 07/23/14 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Shay and I think he is a terrific hire. I am happy for him to get to an elite level program.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/25/14 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MILLER OUT AT IU...Health reasons, know he had an issue at BG...hope not too bad...crushing blow for the Hoosiers...they had turned the corner and were picked as a breakout team...shocker

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2014/07/curt-miller-resigns-as-iu-womens-coach/

PostPosted: 07/25/14 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
MILLER OUT AT IU...Health reasons, know he had an issue at BG...hope not too bad...crushing blow for the Hoosiers...they had turned the corner and were picked as a breakout team...shocker

WTF?!?!?! I was actually sitting and talking with him for a few hours at an AAU tournament less than 2 weeks ago!! He seemed fine and never said a word...wow. I am completely stunned and shocked.

This is definitely a crushing blow as it appeared he had them on the right track.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/25/14 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/07/25/indiana-womens-basketball-coach-curt-miller-resigns/13149679/

Complete shocker although he did miss games with a heart issue his final season at Bowling Green. Not sure if this is related to that.

Big 10 got turned on it's head over this.

Assistant interim but no word if they're gonna keep for the year or not (Which gives me some speculations but that's for a later time)

Making Sure Miller is well is the important thing!

PostPosted: 07/25/14 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curt Miller had a stroke while coaching at BG. He said after he came back that he needed to change his ways and take better care of himself. As a BG fan I hope and pray that he takes care of himself...that is the most important thing.

PRballer

PostPosted: 07/25/14 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a thought - Goestenkors?

Or I'd call Beth Cunningham over at Notre Dame if that wouldn't be too weird. She comes from Bloomington, has HC experience, and her dad coached at IU.

ball4life

PostPosted: 07/26/14 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shelby Romine just graduated from Bucknell now hired as asst by Chicago.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/26/14 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAJ McWilliams-FRANKLIN to Boston University??!! Shocked I doubt anyone here at Rebs loves that woman more than I do, but I cannot fathom her wanderlust....Just when one thinks she should be settling into her retirement and enjoy raising her youngest daughter AT HOME IN SAN ANTONIO--she lays plans to spend the winter in Boston. Rolling Eyes

Of course, my plans for her were to *retire* as a post for San Antonio's Stars-- Razz (made some sense, at least....)

Whatever happened to her stint at Rice University? At least she was reasonably close to home.

Oh, well....I'm positive she'll flourish wherever she is. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/27/14 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kansas moved quick ... http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2014/7/24/WBB_0724144117.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/28/14 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richmond has hired John Miller from Rider

ccollin13

PostPosted: 07/29/14 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

WTF?!?!?! I was actually sitting and talking with him for a few hours at an AAU tournament less than 2 weeks ago!! He seemed fine and never said a word...wow. I am completely stunned and shocked.

This is definitely a crushing blow as it appeared he had them on the right track.

His issue at BG was stress-related. It was due to a mini-stroke he suffered on the sideline. In his BG days he was quite a screaming, animated, angry coach. If I remember correctly, at one game he was quite upset and all of a sudden had to sit down because something wasn't right. He went to the hospital right after the game and was diagnosed with the mini-stroke. He sat out several games after that.

I remember in his press conferences at that time, he talked about how he needed to change his lifestyle and reduce stress and anxiety. He even mentioned his coaching style. He cooled off quite a bit after that, and then shortly went to Indiana. I don't know if his health problems are related, but I did want to relate the story as I remember it as a former BG season ticket holder.

Nothing can really describe how bummed I am. Curt Miller is THE REASON I follow women's basketball. I was a wee freshman at BGSU in the Athletic Band when the team made its historic run to the Sweet Sixteen. I was at all the NCAA games in the band, and I fell in love after that. His teams and their style of play drew me in and made me the fan I am today. Best of luck to him, and I hope he's going to be okay.

PostPosted: 07/29/14 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
TAJ McWilliams-FRANKLIN to Boston University??!! Shocked I doubt anyone here at Rebs loves that woman more than I do, but I cannot fathom her wanderlust....Just when one thinks she should be settling into her retirement and enjoy raising her youngest daughter AT HOME IN SAN ANTONIO--she lays plans to spend the winter in Boston. Rolling Eyes

Of course, my plans for her were to *retire* as a post for San Antonio's Stars-- Razz (made some sense, at least....)

Whatever happened to her stint at Rice University? At least she was reasonably close to home.

Oh, well....I'm positive she'll flourish wherever she is. Very Happy

I was also surprised that Taj would go to Boston University, and I think she was at Rice for only one season, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess she's a bit more familiar with BU's Katy Steding and maybe their assistant, Cindy Blodgett, both of whom played in the WNBA.

marty

PostPosted: 07/30/14 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ccollin13 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

His issue at BG was stress-related. It was due to a mini-stroke he suffered on the sideline. In his BG days he was quite a screaming, animated, angry coach. If I remember correctly, at one game he was quite upset and all of a sudden had to sit down because something wasn't right. He went to the hospital right after the game and was diagnosed with the mini-stroke. He sat out several games after that.

I remember in his press conferences at that time, he talked about how he needed to change his lifestyle and reduce stress and anxiety. He even mentioned his coaching style. He cooled off quite a bit after that, and then shortly went to Indiana. I don't know if his health problems are related, but I did want to relate the story as I remember it as a former BG season ticket holder.

Nothing can really describe how bummed I am. Curt Miller is THE REASON I follow women's basketball. I was a wee freshman at BGSU in the Athletic Band when the team made its historic run to the Sweet Sixteen. I was at all the NCAA games in the band, and I fell in love after that. His teams and their style of play drew me in and made me the fan I am today. Best of luck to him, and I hope he's going to be okay.

I was at that game and our seats were directly across from the BG bench. I remember noticing that at the start of the game, Curt was his usual animated self, but then at one point, he sat down on the bench and was unusally quiet. He just didn't look well. My husband and I both said that something seemed to be wrong, but figured maybe it was the flu or something like that. Little did we know that we had just seen a man have a stroke.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/31/14 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andrea Lemmond takes over UA-Huntsville program

Opening at Samford

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 08/03/14 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas Tech has opening ... http://redraiders.com/sports-red-raiders-womens-basketball/2014-08-03/lady-raiders-assistant-resigns#.U97LDfldX1o

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 08/06/14 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNLV has opening ... Nikki Blue takes position at CS Bakersfield

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/sports/evans-on-sports/x603939637/Nikki-Blue-relishes-return-to-Bakersfield

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 08/08/14 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMass Lowell hires Rhode Island College HC and Auburn promotes Sherill Baker, who was in video role in Tigers, former Georgia Bulldog standout.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/09/14 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teri Moran in at IU. I expect her to do good things at IU.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26240843/2014/08/09/iu-names-head-womens-basketball-coach

That opens up ISU.

Hope this is the right spot for this. If not, please move it.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 08/09/14 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moren will be ok at IU.

Now whether or not my Aunt will have another batshit meltdown over a Boiler going to that goddam school in Monroe County remains to be seen.

PostPosted: 08/09/14 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More on Moren hire at IU

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: