RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SB*Nation's Pat Friday says Hartley, si! Numbers, no!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 07/09/14 1:38 pm    ::: SB*Nation's Pat Friday says Hartley, si! Numbers, no! Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Rookie Rankings: Odyssey Sims, Bria Hartley, Anna Cruz, Jamierra Faulkner on the rise
http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/7/7/5873237/2014-wnba-rookie-rankings-chiney-ogwumike-odyssey-sims-bria-hartley

Below is Pat Friday's response to my query about how she can ignore statistics that show Hartley is outplaying only Maggie Lucas. She just ignores statistics. Why? Because they prove her wrong. So she simply ignores them. Very Happy

I thank you for your feedback and view on the rankings themselves.
While I can appreciate and see the point of your opinion, I, being a former/potentially future player and current coach, put way more value in the actual basketball ability and what's happening for that player on the floor than "advanced metrics and/or stats."
In reality, I don't care for the metrics at all. And this has nothing to do with my "prediction" and trying to make it plausible, it's what I see and believe and I have no problem retracting if/when I see otherwise.
While respectfully agreeing to disagree, I do appreciate your feedback and your view on the article because it's essential to continue to improve on my work!

I wonder how many games she has actually seen? Like most sports writers she simply writes about her impressions.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/09/14 3:29 pm    ::: Re: SB*Nation's Pat Friday says Hartley, si! Numbers, no! Reply Reply with quote

TheLoneGranger wrote:
WNBA Rookie Rankings: Odyssey Sims, Bria Hartley, Anna Cruz, Jamierra Faulkner on the rise
http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/7/7/5873237/2014-wnba-rookie-rankings-chiney-ogwumike-odyssey-sims-bria-hartley

Below is Pat Friday's response to my query about how she can ignore statistics that show Hartley is outplaying only Maggie Lucas. She just ignores statistics. Why? Because they prove her wrong. So she simply ignores them. Very Happy

While I can appreciate and see the point of your opinion, I, being a former/potentially future player and current coach, put way more value in the actual basketball ability and what's happening for that player on the floor than "advanced metrics and/or stats."
In reality, I don't care for the metrics at all. And this has nothing to do with my "prediction" and trying to make it plausible, it's what I see and believe and I have no problem retracting if/when I see otherwise.
While respectfully agreeing to disagree, I do appreciate your feedback and your view on the article because it's essential to continue to improve on my work!

I wonder how many games she has actually seen? Like most sports writers she simply writes about her impressions.

Perhaps "preconceived notions" should be substituted for "impressions."

TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 07/09/14 3:41 pm    ::: Re: SB*Nation's Pat Friday says Hartley, si! Numbers, no! Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
TheLoneGranger wrote:

Perhaps "preconceived notions" should be substituted for "impressions."

Yea verily!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: