RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who will come in second in the AAC next season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will come in second in the American Conference?
Cincinnati
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Houston
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Memphis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
SMU
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
South Florida
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Temple
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Central Florida
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
East Carolina
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Tulane
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Tulsa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/13/14 8:04 am    ::: Who will come in second in the AAC next season? Reply Reply with quote

This could be a competitive race.

Super-duper extra credit for predicting the non-UConn player All-Conference team.
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 06/13/14 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G/F Jada Payne, East Carolina
G Ariel Hearn, Memphis
G Courtney Williams, USF
F Jeanise Randolph, Cincinnatti
F Alisia Jenkins, USF

HM:
G Feyonda Fitzgerald, Temple
G Jamie Kaplan, Tulane
G Ashley Clark, Tulsa
G/F Abria Trice, East Carolina
G Danielle Blagg, Tulane

As for the American standings?

UConn
University of South Florida
East Carolina University
Tulane University
Southern Methodist
Memphis University
Temple University
Cincinnati
Tulsa
University of Central Florida
Houston (Needs a miracle to not finish last.)

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/13/14 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, what will be UConn's average margin of victory in conference games? I don't see a single team that could keep it within 25 points at best.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 06/13/14 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Man, what will be UConn's average margin of victory in conference games? I don't see a single team that could keep it within 25 points at best.

UConn should take four walk ons and have Breanna Stewart prove how good she is by playing the walkons alongside Stewie and see what happens.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/13/14 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A more appropriate question might if that second place team will make the NCCAs.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/13/14 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
A more appropriate question might if that second place team will make the NCCAs.

Predicting a "no" answer to that is a lot easier than predicting who will be #2.

Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 06/13/14 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

This is the definition of a mid-major conference in every aspect except for the presence of UConn.

One bid league
One team ranked
Average conference RPI of 8-10

Blech!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/13/14 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's oldest and hence most traditional American rival is Cincinnati, first played in conference on January 12, 2006. Next oldest is South Florida, first played in conference on January 24, 2006.

Will these ancient rivalries pack the house?
beknighted

PostPosted: 06/13/14 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

This is the definition of a mid-major conference in every aspect except for the presence of UConn.

One bid league
One team ranked
Average conference RPI of 8-10

Blech!

Not pretty.

I was going to say that the conference RPI estimate was too high, but I went back and looked at the Colonial back in the days when ODU was good, and maybe 8-10 is right. You have to figure that the big 5 will be ahead of the AAC, plus probably the A-10, but after that it gets harder to find conferences you would expect to be ahead - possibly the BEast, possibly the CAA, but then it looks like slim pickings.

PRballer

PostPosted: 06/14/14 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn's oldest and hence most traditional American rival is Cincinnati, first played in conference on January 12, 2006. Next oldest is South Florida, first played in conference on January 24, 2006.

Will these ancient rivalries pack the house?

Nope and that's the problem - the women's games will be so boring. Man I miss the old Big East.

ridor

PostPosted: 06/14/14 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is exciting for UConn Huskies, somehow Geno managed to convince HS All-Americans that their OOC and conference games are awesome. Does anyone else remember what Louisiana Tech did - they had a strong non-conference schedule to balance with their weak conference in American South Conference & WAC? It did not work out that well after Leon Barmore retired. That is what I suspect will happen to UConn.

Homyonkel

PostPosted: 06/14/14 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
This is exciting for UConn Huskies, somehow Geno managed to convince HS All-Americans that their OOC and conference games are awesome. Does anyone else remember what Louisiana Tech did - they had a strong non-conference schedule to balance with their weak conference in American South Conference & WAC? It did not work out that well after Leon Barmore retired. That is what I suspect will happen to UConn.

Perhaps the operative words are "after Leon Barmore retired". I'm surprised you are making such a strong case for UCONN.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 06/16/14 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:

You didn't even know who Barmore was until it was mentioned in another thread LOL. Once you read that in the other thread, you'll use that same name over and over again just like you do now about the LA Tech reference in every post referencing the Huskies.

Who cares about their strength of schedule it's what, 10 games or whatever? The rest of the season will be packed with all of the top teams in the country. Geno will still be playing more ranked opponents every year than everyone else. Plus, it's not exactly like their former Big East was at all competitive for UConn aside from Notre Dame. The Uconn machine will be chugging along until Geno retires or dies. Until then, shut up. Read you comic books under your sheets with your flash light. You know more about Captain America than you do about anything basketball related.

PostPosted: 06/16/14 5:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trying to attack my hobbies on this board, Martini Man? Pathetic. I knew Leon Barmore when I was 14 years old. Go away, troll. You're not being productive, to say the least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: