RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016's Erin Boley, Bluegrass super soph - info thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/24/14 9:54 am    ::: 2016's Erin Boley, Bluegrass super soph - info thread Reply Reply with quote

Erin Boley is a 6-1 or 6-2 forward from Elizabethtown High School in Kentucky. During her sophomore season, Boley averaged 20.9 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.1 steals and 1.5 assists and shot 54.5 percent from the floor in helping the Panthers to a 32-5 record and a runner-up finish in the Sweet 16. She will try out for the U.S. Junior National team in Colorado Springs later this year.

Since November 2013 of her sophomore year she has had offers from many schools including UConn, Stanford, Tennessee, Louisville and Kentucky.

In March 2014 Boley won the Gatorade POY for Kentucky as a sophomore and her college list additionally included Vanderbilt, Indiana and Ohio State.

On April 19 the Courier-Journal said, "Elizabethtown sophomore forward Erin Boley, the most heavily recruited Kentucky girls’ basketball player in years, will make a second visit to Connecticut April 28-30, with trips also expected to Tennessee, Stanford and Duke soon. Her dad, Scott, said Boley has scholarship offers from 22 program in this season’s final Top 25, including UK and U of L."

Boley is currently ranked 11 by Blue Star, 13 by Prospects Nation, and 19 by HoopGurlz in the class of 2016.

Here is a nice highlight video from WildcatRecruits:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YETjLSVGKkY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 05/04/14 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/30/14 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boley is making her second unofficial visit to UConn this week.

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/04/28/boley-to-make-unofficial-visit-this-week/

I believe unofficial visits, paid for on the recruit's own dime, are highly correlated with a strong interest in a team. Therefore, I'd say Boley has a serious interest in UConn.

And the feeling would seem mutual, as Geno has taken the rather unusual step of offering her early in her sophomore year. That's early for UConn. I suspect Geno didn't want to fall behind the madding crowd of scholarship offers Boley was receiving.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/30/14 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is Erin Boley playing with her club team, the Kentucky Premier, in a full game at the Boo Williams Tournament. She's #21 in the gray uniform with the black leggings. The Kentucky Premier team also has Maci Morris (#15), who is committed to Kentucky.

<iframe src="http://www.highschoolcube.com/embed/348003" width="640" height="460" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe><div><a style="font-size:11px" href="http://www.highschoolcube.com">Watch, Share and Broadcast High School Events LIVE - in HD - for free!</a></div>

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 05/01/14 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/30/14 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched that entire game and was impressed by Boley's shooting touch when open, but not by much else. She hit three 3pt shots and two or three 2pt pull-up jumpers.

Among good high school players, she appears to be of average speed, quickness and athleticism. She had trouble handling and finishing in traffic, often seeming somewhat klutzy and losing the ball.

On offense, she was mainly an arc hanger, awaiting a pass for an outside shot, and hence rarely in position to use her 6-1 or 6-2 height for rebounds.

As a ridiculously wild stretch based on one game, she reminded me, asymptotically, of a very raw Tricia Liston kind of player.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/01/14 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boley's reaction when offered by Geno last November:

“I guess I didn’t know what to say,” Boley said Monday evening. “But I was thankful and I said, ‘thank you.’ It was hard to explain.”
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/01/14 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Boley is one of 39 players invited for the U17 tryouts next month in Colorado Springs, Marijuado. However, all 12 of the players who comprised the undefeated U16 team last summer have also been invited, so the odds may be challenging.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/10823054/hoopgurlz-asia-durr-katie-lou-samuelson-elite-prospects-invited-try-usa-basketball-u17-team
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/01/14 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's another full game from the Boo featuring Erin Boley (#21 gray, with the black leggings) of the Kentucky Premier vs. the Carolina Flames. The Flames have Mikayla Boykin (#12 black), who is committed to Duke.

<iframe src="http://www.highschoolcube.com/embed/348027" width="640" height="460" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe><div><a style="font-size:11px" href="http://www.highschoolcube.com">Watch, Share and Broadcast High School Events LIVE - in HD - for free!</a></div>
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/01/14 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the second game against Carolina, which Kentucky again lost, I kept shooting stats on Erin Boley. She had 15 points on: 5-14 on 2pt shots, 1-2 on 3pt shots, and 2-2 on foul shots. Overall, she was 6-16 (37.5%) from the field.

She impressed me slightly more in this second game with her offensive floor positioning, in that she didn't just arc-hang but went inside closer to the paint more often. She had two reasonable drives, and even attempted a lefty (off-hand) hook that missed.

Her hops are average and rebounding is also average for her height. She probably gets her 9.5 rebounds a game because she plays against a lot of short teams in her league play.

As a mere soph, Boley shows most potential to me a spot-up shooter, who can also drive with an open lane. I'm not sure how well she'd integrate into a fast transition offense such as Notre Dame, North Carolina or DePaul. She might be best used in a pattern offense that could set her up for open shots with sophisticated screening, kick-outs and cross-court passes. Stanford comes to mind in this respect.

The announcer said Geno Auriemma was there. The camera showed Shea Ralph (UConn), Doug Bruno (DePaul), Jim Foster (Chattanooga), Joanne P (Duke), Jimmy Dykes (Arkansas), and I think one of the Stanford assistants and maybe a MTSU assistant.

I wasn't focusing on Duke's Mikayla Boykin but she did catch my eye with quicks on a drive, a nice long 3pt make, and a pull-up jumper.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/03/14 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Erin Boley is one of 39 players invited for the U17 tryouts next month in Colorado Springs, Marijuado. However, all 12 of the players who comprised the undefeated U16 team last summer have also been invited, so the odds may be challenging.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/10823054/hoopgurlz-asia-durr-katie-lou-samuelson-elite-prospects-invited-try-usa-basketball-u17-team

Actually, 162 players will be trying out for the U17 team, including one 12 year old from the class of 2020.

http://www.usab.com/womens/u17/roster.html
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/04/14 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Boley gets driven around by UConn commit Napheesa Collier on December 30, 2013. Collier outscored Boley, 28-11, in the game.

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 05/04/14 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/04/14 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elizabethtown's Erin Boley defends Incarnate Word's talented guard Nakiah Bell in the 2013 Naples Holiday Shootout. Incarnate Word crushed Elizabethtown, 64-28.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/27/14 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Boley did not make the final roster of the U17 team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: