RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaches on the hot seat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/27/14 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Zahui set the single season B1G rebound record?? As a frosh??

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/14 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Did Zahui set the single season B1G rebound record?? As a frosh??

Oh crap...I saw you relaying gametime scores and thought this was the WNIT thread.

But yes, it appears she got the B10 rebounding record as a freshman.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/27/14 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Amanda Zahui is ZAMAZING!

26 pts, 11 reb, 5 blk tonight

I'm convinced if she was on a prominent team (could have been with Louisville), people would be talking about her as NATIONAL freshman of the year.

Banham finished her junior year with 1993 points.
Not the greatest decision maker as a PG, but her NBA three point shooting should make her an attractive prospect to some WNBA club.

Hopefully Wagner will stick with the Gophers so they finally have their three-headed monster.

I honestly expected more from the Gophers heading into this season...I figured Zahui would be really good (turned out to be much better than I thought she would be) and added to one-woman wrecking crew Banham, I thought that would make Minnesota very good.

RP

PostPosted: 03/28/14 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Andy Landers? I noticed Georgia had 12 of ESPN's top-100 recruits in 2013 (including Kaela Davis, Diamond DeShields, Allisha Gray and Lexie Brown), and not a single one choose UGA.

It feels kind of wrong to ask given all he's done there, but Georgia is moving backward in the SEC pecking order.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 03/28/14 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
What about Andy Landers? I noticed Georgia had 12 of ESPN's top-100 recruits in 2013 (including Kaela Davis, Diamond DeShields, Allisha Gray and Lexie Brown), and not a single one choose UGA.

It feels kind of wrong to ask given all he's done there, but Georgia is moving backward in the SEC pecking order.

After last years shocker over Stanford, I think he has a few more years left in him.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/28/14 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Borton out at Minnesota.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/28/14 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Borton out at Minnesota.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Borton's 12-year tenure as Gophers women's coach ends

mnlynxfan

PostPosted: 03/28/14 3:01 pm    ::: BORTON MUST GO Reply Reply with quote

She has worn out her welcome at Minnesota. This is 5 years and counting that they haven't made the NCAA tourney. She doesnt know how to coach as she has been relying on 2 players ( Rachel & Amanda ) to do ALL the scoring. For example, last night WNIT game vs. So. Dakota St. of the 62 points, Rachel and Amanda had 51. WOW, not that is balanced scoring....NOT.

PLEASE get a new coach. Don't think the Gopher fans can put up with her for another year. Time for a MUCH need CHANGE!!!

*** Out with the OLD...and in with the NEW!!!

OMG....Just read that she is OUT as the head coach....All I can say is...." ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/28/14 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Borton out at Minnesota.

PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!

PostPosted: 03/28/14 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Borton out at Minnesota.

and Inglese at URI

FS02

PostPosted: 03/28/14 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy for Minnesota fans. Very Happy

I guess it took them what, 8 years after the first signs of trouble...? Sheesh.

PostPosted: 03/28/14 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Borton out at Minnesota.

PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!

Here is the biggest prayer that has been answered.

Quote:
Wagner said Friday that she is sticking with her commitment to the Gophers.

"So far I haven't changed my mind," she said. "That's where I want to go; that's where I want to be. I just feel a comfort when I'm there. I love the campus. It's a great school and close to home, so I still love everything about it."

The "so far" makes me a little nervous, but her response has been better than I anticipated.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/28/14 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 03/28/14 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The names that I'd throw out there for the Minnesota job are,

Joy Adams, Wichita State
Melissa McFerrin, Memphis

Both were former Minnesota Assistants other than that, I'd throw out Aaron Johnston from SDSU--but I don't think he's leaving there anytime soon. I don't really know anyone else who'd be a good candidate for this position.

Here are a few mid-major coaches that might be a good fit.

Mike Bradbury, Wright State
John Barnes, Youngstown State

That's just off the top of my head.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/28/14 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
The names that I'd throw out there for the Minnesota job are,

Joy Adams, Wichita State
Melissa McFerrin, Memphis

Both were former Minnesota Assistants other than that, I'd throw out Aaron Johnston from SDSU--but I don't think he's leaving there anytime soon. I don't really know anyone else who'd be a good candidate for this position.

Here are a few mid-major coaches that might be a good fit.

Mike Bradbury, Wright State
John Barnes, Youngstown State

That's just off the top of my head.

Nah, you're missing the ONE name that should be called first and foremost by Minnesota:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/moseley_marisa00.html

RP

PostPosted: 03/28/14 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is she likely to be more successful than Jen Rizzotti, Tonya Cardoza, or Jamelle Elliott have been?

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/28/14 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

and Inglese at URI

Didn't know it was coming, but can't say I'm surprised. Thus dies the only reason I even pretended to follow URI.

By the way, no one is ever going to win there.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/30/14 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Why is she likely to be more successful than Jen Rizzotti, Tonya Cardoza, or Jamelle Elliott have been?

You don't think Rizzotti and Cardozo have been successful? Taking midmhajors to the NCAA tournament isn't good enough? You expecting national championships at temple and Hartford?

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/30/14 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
RP wrote:

You don't think Rizzotti and Cardozo have been successful? Taking midmhajors to the NCAA tournament isn't good enough? You expecting national championships at temple and Hartford?

Cardoza went from four 20-win seasons to two sub-.500 seasons. So how much of her early success was due to Staley's recruits? Can she recruit herself?

Rizzotti's had a rough couple of years as well, compared to her previous streak of titles, and that's with America East turning into, quite frankly, a shitshow.

And that's without bringing up five seasons at or below .500 for Elliott, or the Caruso debacle at Longwood.

PostPosted: 03/30/14 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Winning has proven to be much more difficult for Cardoza without Dawn Staley's recruits.

Rizzotti has done well overall, but not for several years now, and the America East's saving grace is that it's not the SWAC.

And Elliott's had barely any success at Cincinnati.

joetro

PostPosted: 03/30/14 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kinda surprised about Inglesse, although RI was terrible. I always thought she did well at BC. That program is really on the decline since she left ...

SueFavor

PostPosted: 04/06/14 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is the "fire Tara VanDerveer" thread? Stanford hasn't won a title in 22 years.

Laughing

womenshoopsworld.com

twitter.com/hoopism

whoopsworld@aol.com
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/20/14 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/apr/16/zenger-bonnie-will-be-back-lead-ku-womens-basketba/

When the AD has to come out and say, "we're sticking with the coach for the upcoming year," it's time for the coach to be looking at other options. WHile Bonnie Henricksons contract with Kansas runs thru 2018, a new 2013-2014 contract lowers the buyout from 505,000 to 350,000.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/23/14 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Greenberg resigns from Boston University.

BU women’s basketball head coach Kelly Greenberg has informed University administrators that she is stepping down, effective immediately. This announcement comes in the wake of the University’s decision to convene a panel charged with exploring allegations that she mistreated players and that her coaching style drove at least four players to quit the team during the past year. Greenberg just finished her 10th season as head coach. ...

http://www.bu.edu/today/2014/womens-basketball-coach-resigns-from-boston-university/

Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/26/14 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had three threads to choose from, I chose this one.

You can officially take Bobbie Kelsey off the Hot Seat list. Her contract was extended to 2019.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/badgers-sports-six-coaches-gets-contract-extensions/article_94c00c4b-cb1e-51aa-8243-8e83044eb4e3.html

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/26/14 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Can a school go independent in one sport….like, say, women's basketball…….but stay in a conference for everything else?

Navy is an interesting pot pourri.

The play basketball and maybe some other sports in Patriot League.

They are now independent in football but will be joining the AAC as a football-only member in 2015.

Men's heavyweight rowing is sanctioned by the Intercollegiate Rowing Association; men's lightweight rowing is sanctioned by the Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges; neither is sanctioned by the NCAA.

Sprint football is sanctioned by the Collegiate Sprint Football League, not by the NCAA.

Squash is sanctioned by the College Squash Association, not by the NCAA.

Intercollegiate sailing is sanctioned by the Intercollegiate Sailing Association; offshore sailing is sanctioned by various organizations; neither is sanctioned by the NCAA.

Rifle is technically a men's sport, but men's, women's, and coed teams all compete against each other; Navy has a coed team that has competed in the Mid-Atlantic Rifle Conference.

The gymnastics team competes in the Eastern Intercollegiate Gymnastics League.

The water polo team competes in the Collegiate Water Polo Association.

The wrestling team competes in the Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: