RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Mount Rushmore of NCAA Women's Basketball..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlight

PostPosted: 04/13/14 4:03 pm    ::: The Mount Rushmore of NCAA Women's Basketball.. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.janettv.com/mount-rushmore-ncaa-womens-basketball-top-4-women-basketball-players-2000

HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 04/13/14 7:15 pm    ::: Re: The Mount Rushmore of NCAA Women's Basketball.. Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
http://www.janettv.com/mount-rushmore-ncaa-womens-basketball-top-
4-women-basketball-players-2000

So damn tired of everything being only NCAA. The game existed for 80 years before the NCAA overtook the AIAW

Mount rushmore of bball before ncaa got involved

Senda berenson
Bertha teague
Nera white
Margaet wade

NCAA

Cheryl miller
Teresa Edwards
Pat Summitt
.... not sure on 4th. Media means a lot and lobo could be it e even though better players on court she brought it

www.barnstormingamerica.net
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/13/14 7:22 pm    ::: Re: The Mount Rushmore of NCAA Women's Basketball.. Reply Reply with quote

HistoryWomensBasketball wrote:
jlight wrote:

So damn tired of everything being only NCAA. The game existed for 80 years before the NCAA overtook the AIAW

Senda berenson
Bertha teague
Nera white
Margaet wade

NCAA

Cheryl miller
Teresa Edwards
Pat Summitt
.... not sure on 4th. Media means a lot and lobo could be it e even though better players on court she brought it

Kim Mulkey!

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/13/14 9:13 pm    ::: Re: The Mount Rushmore of NCAA Women's Basketball.. Reply Reply with quote

HistoryWomensBasketball wrote:
jlight wrote:

Margaet wade

If they name a trophy after you, you probably were pretty good.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/13/14 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Note that the Article is specifically looking at womens basketball players since 2000. Thus the players she has make sense although you have to wonder whether Tina Charles is worthy of merit seeing as Maya could never win a championship without Tina by her side.

Phil

PostPosted: 04/13/14 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ora Washington was quite good.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/14/14 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, I have to throw this out there. Are team titles the ultimate decider for who the best players are? I can think of a few players that might be worthy of being included despite never winning an NCAA Title.

The best players I can think of that never won a championship in the years from 2000-2014 are..

Kelly Mazzante, Candice Wiggins, Elena Delle Donne, Jantel Lavender, Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Paris, Seimone Augustus, Alana Beard, Ogwumike Squared.

The question becomes whether you can make a case for Seimone Augustus or Candice Wiggins based on their careers and how important they are to their teams. I don't know how much of a case there is for those two though.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/14/14 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
You know, I have to throw this out there. Are team titles the ultimate decider for who the best players are? I can think of a few players that might be worthy of being included despite never winning an NCAA Title.

The best players I can think of that never won a championship in the years from 2000-2014 are..

Kelly Mazzante, Candice Wiggins, Elena Delle Donne, Jantel Lavender, Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Paris, Seimone Augustus, Alana Beard, Ogwumike Squared.

The question becomes whether you can make a case for Seimone Augustus or Candice Wiggins based on their careers and how important they are to their teams. I don't know how much of a case there is for those two though.

I kind of feel like you need to add Jackie Stiles to this list if you're including Mazzante, but I agree both would drop off at the next step of the analysis.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/14/14 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

I kind of feel like you need to add Jackie Stiles to this list if you're including Mazzante, but I agree both would drop off at the next step of the analysis.

I meant to add Jackie Stiles, but I just forgot to type her name, I suppose. Good catch.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/14/14 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

I meant to add Jackie Stiles, but I just forgot to type her name, I suppose. Good catch.

Rutgers fans have a very hard time forgetting Jackie Stiles.

NFL1

PostPosted: 04/21/14 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would add Dawn Staley to that NCAA list of Cheryl, Pat, and Teresa. She drew so many new fans to the game (including me), and has been successful at every level.

ridor

PostPosted: 04/21/14 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players: Nera White, Cheryl Miller, Anne Donovan, Lauren Jackson

Coaches: Margaret Wade, Leon Barmore, Pat Summitt, Marianne Stanley

ridor

PostPosted: 04/21/14 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D-oh!! I did not see "since 2000"- that changed everything else.

Players: Lauren Jackson, Elena Delle Donne, Diana Taurasi, Skylar Diggins

Coaches: Pat Summitt, Geno Auriemma, Muffet McGraw, Jeff Walz

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/21/14 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is NCAA D1 college players since 2000.

Easy for me: Taurasi, Parker, Moore, Delle Donne.

Griner would be fifth, but she's less impressive to me than the others because so much of her dominance came simply from height.

Dennis1361

PostPosted: 04/22/14 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate polls like this because they are so dismissive of many many players and they lack any real respect for the game and players.
How many of you fans know who Sydney Moss is? DIV III POY and led her team Thomas More to a 30-1 record with a 27 ppg average, and she is only a sophomore. And how many know who the NCAA Div I Women's BB Academic POY was?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: