RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DeShields to transfer from UNC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaase22

PostPosted: 04/17/14 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bullsky wrote:
If Diamond goes to Tennessee it may be the dumbest move she'll make. The player development in Knoxville is at an all-time low.

How would it work in she transferred to Louisville? Louisville joins the ACC next year but if she transfers there now does that still affect the intraconference transferring clause?

Whether Louisville technically could or not, I think it's highly unlikely they would want their arrival in the conference to start with that. I doubt they'd take her.

Waltz wouldn't turn down Diamond DeSheilds Laughing Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/14 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
If she and Cooper and Durr are a package, isn't that universe of potential contenders actually pretty big? Like just about anywhere?

Ooooh, another impresario "Package Deal by Diamond". I like it.

Maybe she could include Sylvia Hatchell and Ivory Latta as coaches and try to take over a dormant program. They just missed LaTech but maybe Immaculata is open.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/14 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm...This is very interesting.supposedly Te'a Cooper and Diamond have accounts on some social network called "ask.fm".Apparently Te'a was being ask some questions and stated that she's doing a reality show about her recruiting process.So from what I can gather,she's going to announce her destination on the show.I'm pretty sure Diamond already knows.

Heres the link to the ask.fm questions that she answered http://ask.fm/Teacooper2

At one point she get's asked the question "What is your most unusual nighttime or morning ritual?" and her answer is "Call ‎DDeshields" I guess they're pretty tight.

Maybe we're all just getting trolled

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/17/14 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
If Diamond goes to Tennessee it may be the dumbest move she'll make. The player development in Knoxville is at an all-time low.

How would it work in she transferred to Louisville? Louisville joins the ACC next year but if she transfers there now does that still affect the intraconference transferring clause?

Duke would not release Sierra Moore to Louisville LAST year due to the fact that L'ville would be in the ACC by the time Sierra played. So, I don't think it matters at all exactly when they join the conference, it ain't gonna happen.

~rAf
terpsforever

PostPosted: 04/17/14 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is shocking. Wow. I don't understand at all...hope we hear where and why soon. It won't be the Terps. But TN or GA...humm... Tell us Diamond. She does like the attention... Feel bad for gray and the others.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/17/14 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Whether Louisville technically could or not, I think it's highly unlikely they would want their arrival in the conference to start with that. I doubt they'd take her.

Waltz wouldn't turn down Diamond DeSheilds Laughing Laughing

The decision would not be his.

Tom Jurich has worked too hard for too long to get Louisvile into the ACC to piss everyone off before day one.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/17/14 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Hmm...This is very interesting.supposedly Te'a Cooper and Diamond have accounts on some social network called "ask.fm".Apparently Te'a was being ask some questions and stated that she's doing a reality show about her recruiting process.So from what I can gather,she's going to announce her destination on the show.I'm pretty sure Diamond already knows.

Heres the link to the ask.fm questions that she answered http://ask.fm/Teacooper2

At one point she get's asked the question "What is your most unusual nighttime or morning ritual?" and her answer is "Call ‎DDeshields" I guess they're pretty tight.

From what I've read, the reality show (on MTV no less) will run in June, but has already been taped; if so, Te'a already knows her destination.

terpsforever

PostPosted: 04/17/14 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

From what I've read, the reality show (on MTV no less) will run in June, but has already been taped; if so, Te'a already knows her destination.

Isn't t coop a UNC committ also?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/17/14 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Isn't t coop a UNC committ also?

Was. Decommitted I believe.

barryi22

PostPosted: 04/17/14 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bullsky"]If Diamond goes to Tennessee it may be the dumbest move she'll make. The player development in Knoxville is at an all-time low.

How would it work in she transferred to Louisville? Louisville joins the ACC next year but if she transfers there now does that still affect the intraconference transferring clause?[/quote]

Really? Look at how much Massengale, Harrison, Stricklen, Johnson, Spani, Williams, etc. improved over the course of their careers. Not everyone pans out as expected, but to say player development in Knoxville is at an all-time low is just wrong.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/17/14 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
UNC has taken a big shot for next year

1) DeShields won't be back
2) Hatchell will

Can't be good.

And I'm just thinking it just MIGHT. As much as I enjoyed watching her talents on display, UNC still has some very nice pieces; don't kick 'em to the curb just yet.

If my crystal ball has any juice left in it, I'd say there's quite possibly a Team Chemistry factor in play. Those 4 fab frosh made a deal to play together at UNC; that's the kind of thing kids do with little/no forethought as to how that could go sour. I could see her (and/or the other kids) not being happy, and DD wanting to bail on that.

However it plays out, it'll be verrrry interesting.

PostPosted: 04/17/14 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So according to the discussion on Inside Carolina, DeShields attended UNC's annual WBB banquet last night like everything was hunky dory, and then today announces she's leaving without saying a single word about it to Hatchell.

Odd way to leave.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/17/14 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So according to the discussion on Inside Carolina, DeShields attended UNC's annual WBB banquet last night like everything was hunky dory, and then today announces she's leaving without saying a single word about it to Hatchell.

Odd way to leave.

Maybe she was upset that she didn't get the Overall Champion award (which is what they call the equivalent of their MVP).

ucdt3

PostPosted: 04/18/14 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So over the "player package deal" crap. If I were friends with DD, I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. No way she lands at UConn. Ship sailed the second she committed to UNC. Geno and Co. are focused on Class of 2015 and have been for a while (hosting 3 of the Top 10 this weekend for officials and one other). They knew they weren't getting Wilson.

And what many forget is that MANY top players will list UConn and Tennessee in their "Final" lists just to have the prestige of those schools attached to their name in order to get more recognition. UConn usually has a great idea of who they are and aren't going to land. And if a player makes their official visit and leaves UConn without offer, they aren't coming ever. Additionally, if they have offer and don't commit during their official visit, their likelihood of coming drops dramatically. Also, players who are drama and theatrics aren't Geno type players, so count them out from the get go. The second Wilson tweeted she was announcing her "decision" on ESPNU was the second the world should have known she wasn't going to UConn. Not that it wasn't great for women's basketball, it's just not something UConn type players would do.
Dennis1361

PostPosted: 04/18/14 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Questions no one has asked: (1) Is she a head case? (2) Are grades an issue?

zune69

PostPosted: 04/18/14 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it possible that Deshields is pregnant ? And this gives Diamond the perfect opportunity to transfer,knowing thet she's gonna red shirt next season ? It was just a crazy thought,nothing else seems to make sense.I still think she's going to Tennessee.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/18/14 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:
Questions no one has asked: (1) Is she a head case? (2) Are grades an issue?

Don't know about Part 2. But I thought she was a head case after her BS actions when she played @ Boston College.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/18/14 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Because of the ACC transfer rule, I don't see DD going to another ACC school.

Because DD has always seemed to be highly motivated to achieve, I don't see her going to a school with a lower probability of winning the national championship than North Carolina.

That doesn't leave many possibilities. Perhaps just Tennessee, South Carolina and . . .

If Cooper and Durr join her, maybe UGA. And they have time to work to add a 2015 big or two. How many 2015 scholarships does UGA have available?

If she and Cooper and Durr are a package, isn't that universe of potential contenders actually pretty big? Like just about anywhere?

Michelle Voepel shared a previous interview with Diamond wherein Diamond expressed how desperately homesick she is so Georgia or Georgia Tech could very well be the place, Art. If the kid is indeed homesick well then fine, go home. Understandable.

PostPosted: 04/18/14 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voepel also said the following , which might indicate Tennessee as a more likely destination :

Part of me wondered if UNC was really going to give Diamond DeShields the spotlight that I think motivates her. Not the program, but the school and the Chapel Hill community. I'll put it this way: There are several schools that have bigger and more engaged fan bases for women's basketball.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/18/14 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Voepel also said the following , which might indicate Tennessee as a more likely destination :

Part of me wondered if UNC was really going to give Diamond DeShields the spotlight that I think motivates her. Not the program, but the school and the Chapel Hill community. I'll put it this way: There are several schools that have bigger and more engaged fan bases for women's basketball.

Why not Georgia? It is home. The most likely destination, and as Art said add in Cooper and Durr. Plus, her not playing for a year home will make it more palpable.

PostPosted: 04/18/14 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
myrtle wrote:
stever wrote:
Maybe she one-ups(two-ups?) Epiphany Prince & goes to Europe? Nothing about this kid would surprise me much. Confused

agree. it's possible. well, the good thing is we won't have to hear Antonelli rave on and on forever... on second thought, she'll probably still rave on and on.

If she leaves the ACC, I think we can assume that Antonelli will have many fewer nice things to say about her.

Antonelli loves her so much, she's going to transfer to whatever conference DeShields does. Wink

What conference is GT in again?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/18/14 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

Why not Georgia? It is home. The most likely destination, and as Art said add in Cooper and Durr. Plus, her not playing for a year home will make it more palpable.

If she truly wants to go home that's the logical choice . Georgia attendance is probably worse than UNC though .

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/14 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:

Using this theory, it has to be Duke. Those fans are crazy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/18/14 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

If she truly wants to go home that's the logical choice . Georgia attendance is probably worse than UNC though .

If she goes to UGA she likely will not have to sit out a year. She will claim a hardship waiver to be nearer to some elderly relative, and it will almost certainly be granted. This is a major reason to pick UGA.

Although if she really wants to play with Cooper, she might conceivably prefer to sit out a year so that their playing years match up better and they can play together for three years.

But I must say I have a hard time seeing her choosing to be out of the spotlight for a year.

And UGA's attendance was actually better than UNC's, at least a season ago, although you would think that a difference of 3300 compared to 2500 wouldn't really motivate a transfer. The NCAA's 2014 attendance report isn't out yet as far as I can find.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/18/14 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

If she goes to UGA she likely will not have to sit out a year. She will claim a hardship waiver to be nearer to some elderly relative, and it will almost certainly be granted. This is a major reason to pick UGA.

Although if she really wants to play with Cooper, she might conceivably prefer to sit out a year so that their playing years match up better and they can play together for three years.

But I must say I have a hard time seeing her choosing to be out of the spotlight for a year.

And UGA's attendance was actually better than UNC's, at least a season ago, although you would think that a difference of 3300 compared to 2500 wouldn't really motivate a transfer. The NCAA's 2014 attendance report isn't out yet as far as I can find.

Georgia attendance was still slightly better than UNC for the past season (3356 to 3088) , which surprised me . Never been to a game in Chapel Hill , but I've been on some bus trips to Athens in the last few seasons and I would have thought UNC would be better .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: